Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:34 pm 

wiseone wrote:
What the Bosnians are saying:

Quote:
We're going to shoot those 'Super Eagles' out of the sky and then we'll defeat King Xerxes' mighty army and advance to the second round!

Quote:
Emenike is $#%. Yesterday he was worse than Dzeko.

Quote:
Nigeria's main CB will be out against us. Great news since their defence is already so weak.

Quote:
with their defense having this many holes, and their mid/attack being sloppy, there's no excuse for our team to not score multiple goals on Saturday.

Quote:
I think the Nigerians really are scared of us.

Quote:
Nigeria is shaking.

Quote:
The angel Gabriel came to me in my sleep, and told me Nigeria will win on Saturday. Abide by these words.
:rotf:

Don't get mislead-ed by those kids and bigots... As you may already know, everyone has them ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:40 pm 

mate wrote:
On paper, Nigeria should win.

Mate, prijatelju, this is on "paper":

;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm 

If Nigeria play to its full strength! Then a win, is without a doubt within our reach!

Heck even against Argentina! If we play to full strength! Against Iran...we were playing at maybe 30% strength at best!

The issue for me though is that I do not think we can play to our full strength...I think at best we will play 85% or 90% strength at best. Hopefully it will be enough.

Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 pm 

Nigerian fans do not seem to appreciate the size of the task that faces them. To me - Nigeria MUST win tomorrow. A draw would be a disastrous result and would almost certainly eliminate Nigeria. Bosnia can afford to play for a draw (knowing they face Iran last), but Nigeria cannot (facing Argentina last).

Yes Nigeria was in the last WC - where they won ZERO games. They were also in the Confed Cup and their notable "achievements" include being the only team to concede a goal to Tahiti, losing 66% of their matches, and winning 0% of their matches.

Bosnia is a team that qualified for the WC on top of their group with only one defeat in 10 games, and who scored 30 goals in those 10 games.

They are facing a Nigeria team that has not won a game at the World Cup in 16 (yes SIXTEEN) years, yet here we are walking around with Billy Big Bollox arrogance as if we are the 5 times World Cup winners and hosts!

mate wrote:
Okay, here is my gut feel assessment at this stage in the WC. On paper, Nigeria should win. The Eagles have 1 point, more history, and more experience in this kind of competition with current players. Nigeria was at the last WC and the Confederations Cup.
Cheers, Mate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:20 pm 

Ibisevic is the guy to worry about IF he comes on. Better pure finisher than Dzeko imho...but if he comes on that's because Nigeria is doing a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:06 pm 

platinum wrote:
Ibisevic is the guy to worry about IF he comes on. Better pure finisher than Dzeko imho...but if he comes on that's because Nigeria is doing a good job.

I expect they will start BOTH Dzeko and Ibisevic, unless one or the other is injured.

Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
The Eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:

I expect they will start BOTH Dzeko and Ibisevic, unless one or the other is injured.

I hope they do...

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:20 pm 

Cellular wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:

I hope they do...

Ditto, I pray they attack.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:19 am 

This game is arguably the greatest challenge of Keshi's managerial career to date. I doubt he he'll rise to the occasion but you never know... The players and the coaching staff need to raise their game significantly for this one.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
This game is arguably the greatest challenge of Keshi's managerial career to date. I doubt he he'll rise to the occasion but you never know... The players and the coaching staff need to raise their game significantly for this one.

Which big game has he not risen to the challenge?

Trust you guys to come and attribute the victory to luck or that Bosnia didn't play well...

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:05 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:

Keshi & our players will definitely rise to the challenge.
We will WIN today.
Bosnia will See, Feel & Buckle under the force of African football talent today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8