Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Post by wiseone »

If Spahic misses the game, then it will be as if fate gave Nigeria a second chance. Emenike should be delighted that he will not be facing Spahic. Losing your captain, leader, and best defender is a big blow for Bosnia.

..next problem: PJANIC!
platinum wrote:
wiseone wrote:That is a HUGE absence for Bosnia. Spahic is their rock at the back.
:shock:
platinum wrote:Good news.

We won't be the only ones missing a CB. Their captain and #1 CB, Emir Spahic will likely miss the game with injury too.

Yup. Apart from his physical skills, mentally he's a rock for them. They're working hard to get him back but the chances are fair that he'll miss out. They could play bicakcic, vranjes or sunjic in his stead or move kolasinac there or drop besic there too, they have options but none like spahic.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Average Bosnian thinks they'll beat Nigeria the way Croatia beat Cameroon. They're very very confident of it. Not just 2-1 or narrow win, very confident of trouncing the Eagles.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

platinum wrote:Average Bosnian thinks they'll beat Nigeria the way Croatia beat Cameroon. They're very very confident of it. Not just 2-1 or narrow win, very confident of trouncing the Eagles.

No Bosnia I know thinks that. And I know quite a few, albeit not enough to determine an average thought here.

:)

Believe me, Croatia took the game against Cameroon seriously. So too will BiH against Nigeria. The world is small. Nobody thinks Cameroon = Nigeria or Croatia = BiH.

Should be a great match. And I'll say it again: Nigeria has the edge on experience, pedigree, and position in current standings. Best of luck to the Super Eagles. Simply play your hearts out and let things fall where they may.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wiseone wrote:If Spahic misses the game, then it will be as if fate gave Nigeria a second chance. Emenike should be delighted that he will not be facing Spahic. Losing your captain, leader, and best defender is a big blow for Bosnia.

..next problem: PJANIC!
platinum wrote:
wiseone wrote:That is a HUGE absence for Bosnia. Spahic is their rock at the back.
:shock:
platinum wrote:Good news.

We won't be the only ones missing a CB. Their captain and #1 CB, Emir Spahic will likely miss the game with injury too.

Yup. Apart from his physical skills, mentally he's a rock for them. They're working hard to get him back but the chances are fair that he'll miss out. They could play bicakcic, vranjes or sunjic in his stead or move kolasinac there or drop besic there too, they have options but none like spahic.

Probably wont change much. They will play Nigeria with a safety first mentality and look to find moments to press, get turnovers and counter...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

platinum wrote:Average Bosnian thinks they'll beat Nigeria the way Croatia beat Cameroon. They're very very confident of it. Not just 2-1 or narrow win, very confident of trouncing the Eagles.
And where did you get that from ?

First, I am Bosnian, and I'm not that confident.
Second, I live in Bosnia and everyone's main subject now-days is match with Nigeria and believe me, nobody thinks that. Consensus is that Nigeria is much better than Cameroon.
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

And, Spahić will 100% play - question is, is he going to play up to his full potential or not. 'cos he's one crazy mofo, it wouldn't be the first time he plays injured for NT.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:

No Bosnia I know thinks that. And I know quite a few, albeit not enough to determine an average thought here.

:)

Believe me, Croatia took the game against Cameroon seriously. So too will BiH against Nigeria. The world is small. Nobody thinks Cameroon = Nigeria or Croatia = BiH.

Should be a great match. And I'll say it again: Nigeria has the edge on experience, pedigree, and position in current standings. Best of luck to the Super Eagles. Simply play your hearts out and let things fall where they may.

Cheers, Mate

I'm in Saint Louis right now, biggest Bosnian population stateside and possibly anywhere outside Bosnia...they all think they'll crush Nigeria.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You have misread Bosnia's playing style. They don't "do" safety first. They are a very attacking team. Especially in a do or die game like this. They are going to attack.
txj wrote:
Probably wont change much. They will play Nigeria with a safety first mentality and look to find moments to press, get turnovers and counter...
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wiseone wrote:You have misread Bosnia's playing style. They don't "do" safety first. They are a very attacking team. Especially in a doe or die game like this. They are going to attack.
txj wrote:

wiseone,

I see txj's point though. They could try and approach the SE match the way they did Argentina. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Why give us the chance to hit them on the counter by playing openly. I'll say this, if Kolasinac rambles down their left like he usually does, they'll get punished.

It'll be a sweet game of football, I still think a draw is the likely outcome.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Babayaro wrote:

Second, I live in Bosnia and everyone's main subject now-days is match with Nigeria and believe me, nobody thinks that. Consensus is that Nigeria is much better than Cameroon.
Ja sam podrijetlom Hrvat, iz Imotski.

Sve najbolje!

Cheers, Mate
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Platinum, playing defensively is so inconsistent with Bosnia' s DNA. Especially as they know winning the game will almost certainly eliminate Nigeria. There will be plenty of nerves, and goals. Both teams defend too badly for this to be a 0-0 draw.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The Bosnia - Nigeria game will be similar to the Croatia v Cameroon game. Lapse in concentration and Bosnia will punish this team. Our defense has not been tested at this WC. Iran just wanted to play it safe.

I fancy our chance on a fast break or getting a PK. But I will be on pins for every Bosnian corner or freekick. We don't deal with crosses well.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Babayaro wrote:

Your forum... http://bhdragons.com/xenfore/index.php? ... 226/page-5
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

wiseone wrote:Platinum, playing defensively is so inconsistent with Bosnia' s DNA. Especially as they know winning the game will almost certainly eliminate Nigeria. There will be plenty of nerves, and goals. Both teams defend too badly for this to be a 0-0 draw.
:agree:
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Cellular wrote:
Babayaro wrote:

Your forum... http://bhdragons.com/xenfore/index.php? ... 226/page-5
Well, that is our diaspora (expats) forum, mainly teens there, with more hormones than brains...
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

mate wrote:
Babayaro wrote:

Ja sam podrijetlom Hrvat, iz Imotski.

Sve najbolje!

Cheers, Mate
Hvala Mate !
Here is one song from your fellow countryman, from Imotski ;) This is huge hit in Bosnia :D

[/video]
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The question for Bosnia is quite simple, one or two strikers, a conundrum which needn't any more than an exercise in commonsense. Do Bosnia need two strikers on the field? No, does anybody. Better between the lines than on them. As for Nigeria, urgency, shape and structure.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Babayaro wrote:

I notice you have not told us what you expect then. Do Bosnians expect a W? Do they expect a draw, since you are there, give us the 'true' pulse.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

To win tomorrow, Nigeria will have to produce their best performance since they beat Mali nearly 18 months ago.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

What the Bosnians are saying:
We're going to shoot those 'Super Eagles' out of the sky and then we'll defeat King Xerxes' mighty army and advance to the second round!
Emenike is s**t. Yesterday he was worse than Dzeko.
Nigeria's main CB will be out against us. Great news since their defence is already so weak.
with their defense having this many holes, and their mid/attack being sloppy, there's no excuse for our team to not score multiple goals on Saturday.
I think the Nigerians really are scared of us.
Nigeria is shaking.
The angel Gabriel came to me in my sleep, and told me Nigeria will win on Saturday. Abide by these words.
:rotf:
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Okay, here is my gut feel assessment at this stage in the WC. On paper, Nigeria should win. The Eagles have 1 point, more history, and more experience in this kind of competition with current players. Nigeria was at the last WC and the Confederations Cup.

A lot will depend on confidence. BiH has it. They got a very good result against Argentina psychologically, playing them well. It seems to me that they really believe they can win 2 games.

In contrast, sometimes I get the impression that Nigeria feels stressed. Maybe I'm jaded reading some of the negative posters here? But too many folks talk about how Nigeria messed up against Iran, how poor the game was, and such things.

A lot will come down to composure. If one team is composed and the other isn't, well, that to me will be decisive. Otherwise it's anybody's game. It's going to be hard fought.

Lastly, I feel that Nigeria must be more ambitious than against Iran. BiH certainly was against Argentina. The Super Eagles have to stretch wide the BiH backs, which will require some risk. BiH will throw some weight into attack, so you can't stay back too much.

Here's to an enjoyable game. I'm looking forward to it. As a long time CE. And as somebody with lots of Bosnians as friends and family too.

Cheers, Mate
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We score 1st and early and the Bosnians will crumble. Eastern European teams always collapse when things don't go according to script.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

platinum wrote:
Babayaro wrote:

I notice you have not told us what you expect then. Do Bosnians expect a W? Do they expect a draw, since you are there, give us the 'true' pulse.
Minimal win would be good result for me, draw is not too bad ;)