My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Post by ohsee »

Yes, guys, I have three game tickets, waiting for fourth; booked hotels, flights, everything. Just got my Brazil visa this morning, with my very, very handsome picture on it. :D :taunt:

Now for the other stuff. Looking at the schedule http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/calendar.html , I will still be in Curitiba after our game vs Iran. I would like to see Belgium vs Algeria in Belo Horizonte at 1pm the next day. Is this possible? I suspect the game will not be full and tickets will be available at game time. However, BH is 800 kilometers from Curitiba, a 13 hour drive by car and perhaps longer by bus. Has anybody figured out the air transport situation for that time? Will they be charging us 2000 or too much dollars for a return trip?

Also would like to see Ingerland vs Uruguay in São Paulo, but I know say dat wan go hard. Sao Paulo is closer to Curitiba (5 hour drive), and there are regular buses every day it seems; the price is also not bad--from $71 to 120. I am sure Uruguay pipuls go full groun for that World Cup, and the stadium will be packed, therefore no tickets at the game. Will tickets be sold at the stadia?

If anybody is interested and still investigating this, we should put our heads together and see if we can cooperate regarding solutions.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg
Re: My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Post by Ebyboy »

I'm probably not going but it would be nice to read what those
who are going are writing.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:Yes, guys, I have three game tickets, waiting for fourth; booked hotels, flights, everything. Just got my Brazil visa this morning, with my very, very handsome picture on it. :D :taunt:

Now for the other stuff. Looking at the schedule http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/calendar.html , I will still be in Curitiba after our game vs Iran. I would like to see Belgium vs Algeria in Belo Horizonte at 1pm the next day. Is this possible? I suspect the game will not be full and tickets will be available at game time. However, BH is 800 kilometers from Curitiba, a 13 hour drive by car and perhaps longer by bus. Has anybody figured out the air transport situation for that time? Will they be charging us 2000 or too much dollars for a return trip?

Also would like to see Ingerland vs Uruguay in São Paulo, but I know say dat wan go hard. Sao Paulo is closer to Curitiba (5 hour drive), and there are regular buses every day it seems; the price is also not bad--from $71 to 120. I am sure Uruguay pipuls go full groun for that World Cup, and the stadium will be packed, therefore no tickets at the game. Will tickets be sold at the stadia?

If anybody is interested and still investigating this, we should put our heads together and see if we can cooperate regarding solutions.
Prof., that is very un African of you... you don live obodo oyibo for too long. :-x :veryangry:

You for wait until a week bifor world cup and complain how it is impossible to find a flight and how pipul are gouging you on the tickets...

My experience with the other WCs I have been to is to make your in-country travel arrangement within the country... using travel agents that are based locally...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

ohsee wrote:Yes, guys, I have three game tickets, waiting for fourth; booked hotels, flights, everything. Just got my Brazil visa this morning, with my very, very handsome picture on it. :D :taunt:

Congrats, so you got a confirmation email from FIFA for the tickets to the game? If so, I am really envious

For internal flights try www.skyscanner.com, those flights would be between $50 to $115 if you use GOL or TAM. I would recommend buying the tickets now, a plan B is required as I suspect some flights will be overbooked based on the travel journals I have read
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

got your brazil visa already :shock: :shock: :shock: do they give them out 6 months in advance ?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Ebyboy wrote:I'm probably not going but it would be nice to read what those
My bros, no worry, I will keep a travel journal, and post every day on CE. Gist go plenty. And photos.
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

What city are you flying into? Sao Paulo?
Musician wey go sing for deaf and dumb reunion don miss road.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cellular wrote:

Prof., that is very un African of you... you don live obodo oyibo for too long. :-x :veryangry:

You for wait until a week bifor world cup and complain how it is impossible to find a flight and how pipul are gouging you on the tickets...

My experience with the other WCs I have been to is to make your in-country travel arrangement within the country... using travel agents that are based locally...
:D
Ogbuefi, you know say I be mag bobo now. We dey work five mont in aduvance. Nest time I go try behave like Afrikaman. Thanks for your aduvice.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ikemba_nacho wrote:

Congrats, so you got a confirmation email from FIFA for the tickets to the game? If so, I am really envious

For internal flights try http://www.skyscanner.com, those flights would be between $50 to $115 if you use GOL or TAM. I would recommend buying the tickets now, a plan B is required as I suspect some flights will be overbooked based on the travel journals I have read
Chief, I applied for the tickets before we qualified. Yes, I got the confirmation email even before we beat Ethiopia. I will what you suggest, and possibly even apply for game tickets now. I think it is still possible to do that since the winners of the lottery will not be notified until February 25. Thanks for the link.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Ohsee,

Did you apply with the individual match tickets and was picked during the 2nd random selection draw? I still don't have an email from FIFA saying i was selected and i applied for 6 games. I guess i will continue to wait since the draw period is till Jan 30th.

I was also thinking of applying for the visa but one of the requirement listed was the game tickets. I guess i will go ahead and apply for it also just to get it over with. I will just send them email from Fifa showing i applied.

Congrats Ohsee and see you in Brazil!! We must to chop isi-ewu during the free time.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Lager-back wrote:got your brazil visa already :shock: :shock: :shock: do they give them out 6 months in advance ?
Yes bros, applied for it before Christmas, picked it up this morning. For Canadians, visa to the World Cup is free, so once I showed them my tickets printed off my email, the visa was free of charge.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

ohsee wrote:
My bros, no worry, I will keep a travel journal, and post every day on CE. Gist go plenty. And photos.

Brazil go sweet o!
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohsee wrote:
Lager-back wrote:got your brazil visa already :shock: :shock: :shock: do they give them out 6 months in advance ?
Yes bros, applied for it before Christmas, picked it up this morning. For Canadians, visa to the World Cup is free, so once I showed them my tickets printed off my email, the visa was free of charge.
Ago check if visa is free for US citizen.Canada no dey play ball then talkless of world cup and you guys get free visa?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

damekadon wrote:

What city are you flying into? Sao Paulo?
Yes. Is that where you are going to be based?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

KIZONZO wrote:Ohsee,

Did you apply with the individual match tickets and was picked during the 2nd random selection draw? I still don't have an email from FIFA saying i was selected and i applied for 6 games. I guess i will continue to wait since the draw period is till Jan 30th.

I was also thinking of applying for the visa but one of the requirement listed was the game tickets. I guess i will go ahead and apply for it also just to get it over with. I will just send them email from Fifa showing i applied.

Congrats Ohsee and see you in Brazil!! We must to chop isi-ewu during the free time.
Don't worry, we must all party like it's 2014 when the Super Eagus beat Iran! :thumbs: Before I leave, I will give out my cell number by PM to all interested parties.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

KIZONZO wrote:
ohsee wrote:

Brazil go sweet o!
It mus sweet kpom kwem! :thumbs: :thumbs:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kajifu wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Ago check if visa is free for US citizen.Canada no dey play ball then talkless of world cup and you guys get free visa?
:D :taunt: E pain you? :thumbs: No worry, with the money wey I save, I go buy you Brazilian beer if I see you. :thumbs:
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Chief, why not fly? I once took a flight from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte and it was very affordable and smooth..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

ohsee wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:

For internal flights try http://www.skyscanner.com, those flights would be between $50 to $115 if you use GOL or TAM. I would recommend buying the tickets now, a plan B is required as I suspect some flights will be overbooked based on the travel journals I have read
Chief, I applied for the tickets before we qualified. Yes, I got the confirmation email even before we beat Ethiopia. I will what you suggest, and possibly even apply for game tickets now. I think it is still possible to do that since the winners of the lottery will not be notified until February 25. Thanks for the link.
Once again I am impressed by your organisation. I have entered the lottery twice (myself and girlfriend) and if that fails will still go and try to find tickets from somewhere. I have already paid for my flight tickets in to Sao Paulo, booking the Sao Paulo leg tonight in terms of hotel. The rest should be done in 3 weeks once I find out if I got tickets.

To say it will be a journey of a lifetime is an understatement, but you said you will be uploading pics everyday. Are you taking a small laptop with you or tablet with you.
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

Pa Ohsee,
I applied for the Uruguay vs. England game too (lottery). I will be leaving Curitiba on the 18th for São Paulo after watching the Iran game on the 16th. All my Naija game tickets confirmed! Will fly from from São Paulo to Cuiaba on match day 21st (vs Bosnia). Then back to São Paulo next day and make my final stop at Porto Allegra. I am open to catching more matches in-between. Hotels all set. Already got a 10 year multiple visa when I went to the Confed cup in June.

This will be fun. Brigadon, Big K and I have the same travel itinerary... And I look forward to seeing you too in Brazil. :mrgreen:
Look who is Here Again!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Schillachi wrote:

Chief, I am considering flying. Was hoping to see the country by road, but 800k is too far.

Chief, why not fly? I once took a flight from Sao Paulo to Belo Horizonte and it was very affordable and smooth..
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Pa Ohsee,

I hope Ma Ohsee is travelling with you to Brazil :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
Once again I am impressed by your organisation. I have entered the lottery twice (myself and girlfriend) and if that fails will still go and try to find tickets from somewhere. I have already paid for my flight tickets in to Sao Paulo, booking the Sao Paulo leg tonight in terms of hotel. The rest should be done in 3 weeks once I find out if I got tickets.

To say it will be a journey of a lifetime is an understatement, but you said you will be uploading pics everyday. Are you taking a small laptop with you or tablet with you.
Thanks bros. It will indeed be a journey of a lifetime. A World Cup in Brazil? The number one soccer country? I country I have always wanted to visit? I don't have to tell you how excited I am. Yes, I will be coming with a tablet or laptop. Have not decided which yet.