My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zoldsasok
Egg
Egg
Re: My brodas, I don ready o! I fit go Wol Cup today sef...

Post by zoldsasok »

analyzer wrote:Ohsee I bow oh!

@lager and everyone else applying for a brazilian visa (a must if you are a U.S citizen) for world cup, application fee is waved and hence free provided you can provide a game ticket as proof.

http://cgwashington.itamaraty.gov.br/en ... l_2014.xml
FYI, found this on the website, if you're traveling with naija passport you might have to wait until less than 90 days to your travel date
Citizens of the following countries must enter Brazil within 90 days from the date the visa has been issued: Angola, Bahrain, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Greece, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakstan, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand and Tunisia. The visa will be considered void if the holder does not enter Brazilian territory within the above-mentioned time frame.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

zoldsasok wrote:

@lager and everyone else applying for a brazilian visa (a must if you are a U.S citizen) for world cup, application fee is waved and hence free provided you can provide a game ticket as proof.

FYI, found this on the website, if you're traveling with naija passport you might have to wait until less than 90 days to your travel date
Citizens of the following countries must enter Brazil within 90 days from the date the visa has been issued: Angola, Bahrain, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Greece, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakstan, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand and Tunisia. The visa will be considered void if the holder does not enter Brazilian territory within the above-mentioned time frame.
Kai.. den dey always do our people strong thing.. Thanks for the heads up..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

I am going for the 10 year visa or whatever duration as long as it's atleast 5 years. I dont want the free special visa.
Flights already booked. Accom in one city booked. FIFA beta get their act together this time and let us know quik quik by Feb first week that my ticket application is successful.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Lager-back wrote:I am going for the 10 year visa or whatever duration as long as it's atleast 5 years. I dont want the free special visa.
Flights already booked. Accom in one city booked. FIFA beta get their act together this time and let us know quik quik by Feb first week that my ticket application is successful.

Brazil get consulate in Houston or do we have to go to another city to apply for Visa?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Found it :1233 W Loop S Fwy #1150, Houston, TX 77027
(713) 961-3063
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

For those of you going, there will be Brazilian ashis restrictions o. :taunt:
Kai..e be like say this thing go sweet wellu well o.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mudi E wrote:For those of you going, there will be Brazilian ashis restrictions o. :taunt:
Kai..e be like say this thing go sweet wellu well o.
Abeg make sure they are women o!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

zoldsasok wrote:

Visa not needed for UK citizens :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
No, a visa is not required for travel to this country.

There are requirements for entry to this country that you need to be aware of. Read the information listed below for guidance.

Brazil: United Kingdom Citizen, North Carolina, Tourist
Visa Exempt

A visa is not required for this destination for a stay of up to 90 days. Please keep in mind that while a visa is not required, you must:
Hold a passport valid for at least six months beyond your date of country exit and with one blank visa page
Hold proof of onward and return flights
Hold all documents required for the next destination
Hold proof of sufficient funds relative to your intended length of stay

It is recommended that you confirm with your airline that boarding will be permitted without a visa.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

As expected, ticket demand for Uruguay vs Ingerland is VERY HIGH. I don applicate anyway. Ticket demand for Algeria vs Belgium is low, especially if you are applying for category wan. I don applicated. Let us wait and see until February 25. If I get everytins, man no go rest for dat trip o. Na six matches for 11 days. Chai, dis trip go sweet o o o o o! :thumbs:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ohsee wrote:As expected, ticket demand for Uruguay vs Ingerland is VERY HIGH. I don applicate anyway. Ticket demand for Algeria vs Belgium is low, especially if you are applying for category wan. I don applicated. Let us wait and see until February 25. If I get everytins, man no go rest for dat trip o. Na six matches for 11 days. Chai, dis trip go sweet o o o o o! :thumbs:

Chief, you know there is going to be a period where tickets sale will be free for all. I want to watch that Uruguay vs. England badly.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Undertaker wrote:
ohsee wrote:As expected, ticket demand for Uruguay vs Ingerland is VERY HIGH. I don applicate anyway. Ticket demand for Algeria vs Belgium is low, especially if you are applying for category wan. I don applicated. Let us wait and see until February 25. If I get everytins, man no go rest for dat trip o. Na six matches for 11 days. Chai, dis trip go sweet o o o o o! :thumbs:

Chief, you know there is going to be a period where tickets sale will be free for all. I want to watch that Uruguay vs. England badly.
Bros, when is that? If I no get ticket the first time, I will apply again that time. Uruguay will whack Ingerland, and I want to be there to see it. :thumbs:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ohsee wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Bros, when is that? If I no get ticket the first time, I will apply again that time. Uruguay will whack Ingerland, and I want to be there to see it. :thumbs:

Fifa has a first come first served period from Feb 26th to April 1st when tickets for matches are on sale to the general public. So if we don't get the tickets for the matches we wanted during the random draw face, this will be the best time to buy the tickets for all matches.
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

ohsee wrote:Yes, guys, I have three game tickets, waiting for fourth; booked hotels, flights, everything. Just got my Brazil visa this morning, with my very, very handsome picture on it. :D :taunt:

Now for the other stuff. Looking at the schedule http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/calendar.html , I will still be in Curitiba after our game vs Iran. I would like to see Belgium vs Algeria in Belo Horizonte at 1pm the next day. Is this possible? I suspect the game will not be full and tickets will be available at game time. However, BH is 800 kilometers from Curitiba, a 13 hour drive by car and perhaps longer by bus. Has anybody figured out the air transport situation for that time? Will they be charging us 2000 or too much dollars for a return trip?

Also would like to see Ingerland vs Uruguay in São Paulo, but I know say dat wan go hard. Sao Paulo is closer to Curitiba (5 hour drive), and there are regular buses every day it seems; the price is also not bad--from $71 to 120. I am sure Uruguay pipuls go full groun for that World Cup, and the stadium will be packed, therefore no tickets at the game. Will tickets be sold at the stadia?

If anybody is interested and still investigating this, we should put our heads together and see if we can cooperate regarding solutions.
Fly to Belo Horizonte from Curitiba and book it now. I've seen flights leaving Curitiba around 6am or so to arrive Belo around 9 or 11ish on that day on GOL I think (I was checking to see if I could make the very same match), so I think that would be your best bet. Even better, why not try to buy the Belgium Algeria tickets now, and then purchase the flight ticket to Belo, once you are sure of getting into the match? (I have no idea where things are with the ticket purchase process since I have not attempted to buy an tickets myself)

I would not bank on getting tickets on matchday, especially if you are flying into Belo on matchday. Based on my experience in South Africa, you could go to the official ticket office in Jo'burg and find people there who were selling 2nd hand tickets right outside the office throughout the World Cup. Unless you knew of a place you could do this in some city in Brazil that you'll be in before match day, don't assume that you'll be able to land in Belo on matchday and find tickets!

Hope that helps...
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Bambostic wrote:
ohsee wrote:Yes, guys, I have three game tickets, waiting for fourth; booked hotels, flights, everything. Just got my Brazil visa this morning, with my very, very handsome picture on it. :D :taunt:

Now for the other stuff. Looking at the schedule http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/calendar.html , I will still be in Curitiba after our game vs Iran. I would like to see Belgium vs Algeria in Belo Horizonte at 1pm the next day. Is this possible? I suspect the game will not be full and tickets will be available at game time. However, BH is 800 kilometers from Curitiba, a 13 hour drive by car and perhaps longer by bus. Has anybody figured out the air transport situation for that time? Will they be charging us 2000 or too much dollars for a return trip?

Also would like to see Ingerland vs Uruguay in São Paulo, but I know say dat wan go hard. Sao Paulo is closer to Curitiba (5 hour drive), and there are regular buses every day it seems; the price is also not bad--from $71 to 120. I am sure Uruguay pipuls go full groun for that World Cup, and the stadium will be packed, therefore no tickets at the game. Will tickets be sold at the stadia?

If anybody is interested and still investigating this, we should put our heads together and see if we can cooperate regarding solutions.
Fly to Belo Horizonte from Curitiba and book it now. I've seen flights leaving Curitiba around 6am or so to arrive Belo around 9 or 11ish on that day on GOL I think (I was checking to see if I could make the very same match), so I think that would be your best bet. Even better, why not try to buy the Belgium Algeria tickets now, and then purchase the flight ticket to Belo, once you are sure of getting into the match? (I have no idea where things are with the ticket purchase process since I have not attempted to buy an tickets myself)

I would not bank on getting tickets on matchday, especially if you are flying into Belo on matchday. Based on my experience in South Africa, you could go to the official ticket office in Jo'burg and find people there who were selling 2nd hand tickets right outside the office throughout the World Cup. Unless you knew of a place you could do this in some city in Brazil that you'll be in before match day, don't assume that you'll be able to land in Belo on matchday and find tickets!

Hope that helps...
Thanks Chief Bambostic,
I am doing what you suggested in your first paragraph. I have applied for tickets to Algeria v Belgium, England v Uruguay, and Ghana v Portugal. I already have a flight to Brasilia for Gh v Por because it will be on the day before my departure and I am leaving through Brasilia. I will purchase flight tickets to the other two when I know if I was successful in the lottery on Feb 25.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

How does one apply?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Goddess wrote:
How does one apply?
are you going to Brazil? :shyluv: if you are then there is a possibility i may consider :shyluv:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Anybody get email from FIFA yet about match tickets?
Last edited by Undertaker on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..if BigPokey goes to Brasil abeg can we organize am so he becomes a permanent resident there? :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:thumbs:

I just saw the World Cup.

The ting dey cbc building for the day. I dey go back with my brand new second hand S3 to cut foto

I go post am later

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Also, Fifa started charging the credit cards used in the 2nd phase of the application this morning. So, if you want to find out if your application was successful, just monitor your bank website under "pending transactions".
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
ROTC
Egg
Egg

Post by ROTC »

KIZONZO wrote:Also, Fifa started charging the credit cards used in the 2nd phase of the application this morning. So, if you want to find out if your application was successful, just monitor your bank website under "pending transactions".
Wow, I guess I should start getting worried. My account hasn't been charged and I have not recieved any communication from FIFA since the 10th.
American Police: Under trained, Over armed and a threat to all of society
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

ROTC wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:Also, Fifa started charging the credit cards used in the 2nd phase of the application this morning. So, if you want to find out if your application was successful, just monitor your bank website under "pending transactions".
Wow, I guess I should start getting worried. My account hasn't been charged and I have not recieved any communication from FIFA since the 10th.

Not at all. I have also not seen any charge on my account but it takes a while for Fifa to process all transactions. With the email people were getting earlier about DHL, i didn't get mine till 48 hours after most people reported getting theirs.

I know say man must to get at least 2 of the games i applied for, as they are low volume games
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

FYI - They just charged my account for the ticket I had applied for.. Safe to say I won the lottery..

Me and my friends had split the responsibility for ticket application for different games.. I applied for 4 tickets for the SE vs. Iran gm.. I knew the chances of success was high as it was a low-medium demand..

As Kizonzo rightly pointed out, keep tabs on your account. However, I have not received any email yet to confirm I got the tickets..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....