Hotels in Curitiba

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

damekadon
Egg
Egg
Hotels in Curitiba

Post by damekadon »

Hi All,

I will be in Curitiba on the 15th, but don't know which hotel to pick. Any ideas? Where are you all staying and how much did you get it for?

Thanks
Musician wey go sing for deaf and dumb reunion don miss road.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hotels in Curitiba

Post by Undertaker »

damekadon wrote:Hi All,

I will be in Curitiba on the 15th, but don't know which hotel to pick. Any ideas? Where are you all staying and how much did you get it for?

Thanks

I am at the Hotel Ibis, simple and very cheap. $80 per night. They have rooms available.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

I just checked their website but not luck. What website did you book it from, and how far is from the stadium? Trevi hotel seems to have good rates
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

damekadon wrote:I just checked their website but not luck. What website did you book it from, and how far is from the stadium? Trevi hotel seems to have good rates

Ibis.com. I booked it months ago. It is in central Curitiba and is 15 to 20 mins from the stadium.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Undertaker wrote:
damekadon wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

I am at the Hotel Ibis, simple and very cheap. $80 per night. They have rooms available.

They are charging $137 per night now I see. But still a very good price.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

pick anything in the city central location and I think you will be fine.. I think downtown/financial district.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

[/video]

Curitiba looks like a nice clean city. I am there June 15th to June 18th.... Hopefully we beat Iran silly. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I am there for the game as well, and got a hotel in Centro, San Juan Executive, Should not have spent so much but oh well, read that Centro and Batel are ok areas to stay.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

http://wikitravel.org/en/Curitiba

Reserved a hotel by Centro Civico. Scheduled to come in on game day..

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

analyzer wrote:http://wikitravel.org/en/Curitiba

Just did my research on my hotel a little bit more and found out it was an unsafe area, this area has been noted as being unsafe Avenida Sete de Setembro, 2516, Curitiba, which is in Centro.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ikemba_nacho wrote:

Just did my research on my hotel a little bit more and found out it was an unsafe area, this area has been noted as being unsafe Avenida Sete de Setembro, 2516, Curitiba, which is in Centro.

I don't believe that. Centro Curitiba is said to be a safe part of town in that city. I heard there are bars and restuarants in walking distants and the place is always lively.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

ikemba_nacho wrote:

Yeah - the link I posted claims the southside is the most dangerous part.. But doubt it includes most of centro
Just did a google street view search - the hotel i reserved is also in some funky neighborhood.. damn!! We all will be fine..

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Undertaker wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:

I don't believe that. Centro Curitiba is said to be a safe part of town in that city. I heard there are bars and restuarants in walking distants and the place is always lively.
Depends on what part of Centro, all good, the game is early, will stay in the area after game and have a few drinks and from there catch a cab right to the hotel.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Undertaker wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:

Apparently it is in Centro, but was told it is not a safe area at night. All good, just there for one night then of to Florianopolis
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:

Apparently it is in Centro, but was told it is not a safe area at night. All good, just there for one night then of to Florianopolis
ashawo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heard the women there are nice!!!

Brazil in general is not a very Safe country.. All man just need to wise up when moving around..
And I just cancelled previous hotel reservation.. Did google map street view and just saw graffiti and such on the walls fencing the hotel.. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Reserved another accommodation bordering Centro and Batel.. Probably not far from you..

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

analyzer wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:

ashawo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heard the women there are nice!!!

Brazil in general is not a very Safe country.. All man just need to wise up when moving around..
And I just cancelled previous hotel reservation.. Did google map street view and just saw graffiti and such on the walls fencing the hotel.. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Reserved another accommodation bordering Centro and Batel.. Probably not far from you..

Yea I know thats why I booked, but travelling with my girlfriend, so my guy I will be having sunglasses on all the time. :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic:

I think we must have booked the same place, mine was very much the same but I would lose my money if I cancel and now torn as to whether to risk it or play it safe and lose $200. The unsafe part is known, so no watches and no shiny things, might pack an older pair of snickers to walk about in and then if clubbing will head back to the room change and travel by taxi.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

great choice. that's the red light district.. ehm.. analyzer. :D :D
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@Ikemba
It is just one night.. You two should be fine.. besides, there will be other Naija folks there so everyone can move in larger groups.. Like yous aid, taxi in - taxi out..
The google street views are from like 2011 i think.. I am sure a few upgrades have been made.

@larger,
Not sure what you are talking about.. :D :D
But changed hotel location.

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Abeg, me I no get power to fight for foreign country.. Which are the currently recommended hotels in Curitiba / Cuiaba ?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

nanijoe wrote:Abeg, me I no get power to fight for foreign country.. Which are the currently recommended hotels in Curitiba / Cuiaba ?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3034 ... otels.html

Below link should help.. General consensus seems to be Batel/Centro area
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g3 ... arana.html

If you were staying just 1 night - then a hotel somewhat close to the stadium is not a bad idea.. The Batel neighborhood is about 15 mins walk to the stadium per my research.. Centro/downtown is about a 5mins drive..

Most of these hotels have free cancellation up until a certain date.
Also looking out for spots folks can try to meet up before the game.. Any ideas? Game is 4pm local time. Can meet up b/w 12-1p.

FYI - it will be cold/winter around that time in Curitiba

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I just had a chat with a travel agent (a Brasilian from Rio), for those us going that are single, he noted the girls here are one of the best in the Brazil as they have a mix of eastern european and some afrom inlfuences as well. Enjoy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ikemba_nacho wrote:I just had a chat with a travel agent (a Brasilian from Rio), for those us going that are single, he noted the girls here are one of the best in the Brazil as they have a mix of eastern european and some afrom inlfuences as well. Enjoy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
My brother, make una carry raincoat o.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
damekadon
Egg
Egg

Post by damekadon »

So I already booked a hotel in Curitiba (Ibis) per recommendation, but I spoke with someone that lives there that recommended staying in a hostel for better experience. Any thoughts? Also, still need one more ticket for the Nigeria - Iran game, in case anyone got a ticket for sale lemme noe pls.

http://hostelroma.com.br/acomodacoes/

http://www.curitibaecohostel.com.br/