Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 49368
...as is with all African teams, if this Cameroon team don't wash their dirty linen in public aka infighting and fighting, gesturing at each other after a mistake or goal, they will go further. So is Nigeria and the rest of the sub-Saharan teams.
They can always fight in the dressing room, i think oyinbos call it 'bust up'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 20989
Location: Cyberspace
Cameroun is due. After years of bad luck, it is their time to shine again. I tip them to make it to the 2nd round with Brazil.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39376
Location: Land of the Terrapins
marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I dont know the other guys but Matip is not one of the best, what are you smoking!? Anyways hopefully you guys make it to the next round, but have a feeling Mexico or Croatia will get 2nd spot...


Fourth best central defender in Germany behind Hummels, Dante and Sokratis according to Whoscored:
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tou ... -2013-2014


He is 21 on the list :glare:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 85153
Location: Earth
The Goddess wrote:
Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.

Kai :shyluv: and she knows her football. More excellent traits

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 15224
Location: Texas
maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I dont know the other guys but Matip is not one of the best, what are you smoking!? Anyways hopefully you guys make it to the next round, but have a feeling Mexico or Croatia will get 2nd spot...


Fourth best central defender in Germany behind Hummels, Dante and Sokratis according to Whoscored:
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tou ... -2013-2014


He is 21 on the list :glare:

Overall. By as a defender?

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6957
Idrissou, Webo, and Eto'o?

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 2109
my babe is Cameroonian,so by virtue of that union...I tip the Indomitable lions to go far in this world cup :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:57 pm
Posts: 4147
Rawlings wrote:
Cameroon will beat Mexico easily. It's croatia that will be a problem

...Cameroon will have a tough time beating anybody simply because there is no platoon leader like the days of old. Under Song , Tataw, Mbouh Cameroon played their soccer with a mentality of warriors. What they lacked in talent, they more than made up in grit and sheer tenacity. It was a mentality of no one would leave the pitch alive.
-But under Eto all that is gone now. He has proven not to be a leader. Being the best player doesn't mean you have leadership qualities.
-Up until Eto our "best players" were never captain because the team sort out platoon leader qualities not the best scorer.
So with all the fighting spirit now gone, there isn't much left.
-2 draws would be the best to hope for...

_________________
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 5362
Mouko, there´re still atleast 2 players with that spirit and I admit, that´s not enough. Mbia and Aboubakar are the last 2 standing. Unfortunately Eto fades out like everybody else when the going gets tough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2670
maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I dont know the other guys but Matip is not one of the best, what are you smoking!? Anyways hopefully you guys make it to the next round, but have a feeling Mexico or Croatia will get 2nd spot...


Fourth best central defender in Germany behind Hummels, Dante and Sokratis according to Whoscored:
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tou ... -2013-2014


He is 21 on the list :glare:


21st best player in the league. 4th best central defender.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 8375
It is all Eto'o fault. Why was he even born Cameroonian? I blame him for all the ills going on anywhere near Cameroon.
Bepanda


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
The Goddess wrote:
Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.



Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

:)

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14077
Mexico is a very overrated team. I don't see them beating Cameroon at all. They will struggle against Cameroon, you heard it here first. If Cameroon can come out blazing in the first match and beat Mexico, I think they will qualify.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 5362
mate wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.



Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

:)

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate


It´s not a matter of being patriotic. The Brazilian team is average and if not for the 12th player(home support), I don´t even see them getting out of their group.
If Cameroon wins the first game against Mexico, forget about it. There´re going all the way. Again I repeat, the bane of this team will be the coachs tactics or inward fighting. We´re loaded in all areas from defense to the attack. If Manjukic(sp) and Motric are taken out, Croatia is going no where.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:39 pm
Posts: 1241
The Goddess wrote:
mate wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.



Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

:)

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate


It´s not a matter of being patriotic. The Brazilian team is average and if not for the 12th player(home support), I don´t even see them getting out of their group.
If Cameroon wins the first game against Mexico, forget about it. There´re going all the way. Again I repeat, the bane of this team will be the coachs tactics or inward fighting. We´re loaded in all areas from defense to the attack. If Manjukic(sp) and Motric are taken out, Croatia is going no where.


Come on ... a Goddess should know better. It's this same brazilian team that destroyed all its opponents in the latest Confed Cup last year (remember that 3-0 final vs Spain).

As for Cameroon, the Coach didn't even show up to announce the 28 man squad before the media; looks like inward fighting has already begun.

Did you watch the latest friendly against Portugal 2 months ago ?
you could see clearly that these players have not played together enough, thus despite all the defensive-type players, the defense was very shaky, and the team lacked depth.
Can you really blame the coach if he gets the tatics wrong, with such little time to prepare for the WC ?

I like your line-ups (especially removing Assou Ekoto from the defense), but i wouldn't trust Song that much; his level has plummeted since he started warming Barcelona's bench.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 5362
nianiote wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
mate wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.



Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

:)

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate


It´s not a matter of being patriotic. The Brazilian team is average and if not for the 12th player(home support), I don´t even see them getting out of their group.
If Cameroon wins the first game against Mexico, forget about it. There´re going all the way. Again I repeat, the bane of this team will be the coachs tactics or inward fighting. We´re loaded in all areas from defense to the attack. If Manjukic(sp) and Motric are taken out, Croatia is going no where.


Come on ... a Goddess should know better. It's this same brazilian team that destroyed all its opponents in the latest Confed Cup last year (remember that 3-0 final vs Spain).

As for Cameroon, the Coach didn't even show up to announce the 28 man squad before the media; looks like inward fighting has already begun.

Did you watch the latest friendly against Portugal 2 months ago ?
you could see clearly that these players have not played together enough, thus despite all the defensive-type players, the defense was very shaky, and the team lacked depth.
Can you really blame the coach if he gets the tatics wrong, with such little time to prepare for the WC ?

I like your line-ups (especially removing Assou Ekoto from the defense), but i wouldn't trust Song that much; his level has plummeted since he started warming Barcelona's bench.

nianiote, the Spanisch team has been on a decline since 2012 and given that they were not particularly motivated during the confed cup, it needed just a decent opponent like Brazil to expose them. The brazilian team I saw in 2013 was nothing to write home about. They relied on Neymar throughout. If he´s taken out, Brazil will have serious porblems.

Back to the lions. I watched the game vs Portugal till the 60th when it was still 1-1 and I can tell you the score does/did not reflect the game at all. The lions actually went toe to toe with Portugl until the coach changed certain players which distabilised the team. Also, the mental break down of Chedjou and the whole team after he gave away the silly goal did not help matters(I saw this in the replay of course). The team is not bad at all and I have a posiitve feeling this time. You guys should not spoil the spirit with negative thinking. Infighting has always been part of the team since the 1980s and might not be too different this time around. This might be the last World cup for several players and they´ll be fools to sabotage this chance. Like I said, if the coach play a compact 4-5-1 or 4--4-2, then the team stands a chance. If he insists on playing a 4-3-3 with a shaky back-line, we´ll get murdered.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 5362
Let me do a break down of the 2 formations I wrote above;
1st Formation
Defense:
Nyom......Nkoulou.........Matip/Kana.......Bedimo
-Honestly speaking, I´m kinda scared of Nkoulou. The guy has dropped in form such that he´ll need a stonger defensive partner to compliment him. I´ll go with Kana than Matip because Matip tends to be shaky and is extremely slow. But Matips prowess in the air could be of good use since we´re not known to score many goals.
- I have faith in Bedimo. He´s actually one of the best if not the best left back in France and will do great. He runs tiredlessly on the flanks and provides many assists.
-Nyom is also good but can be shaky too. His crosses are not very good but I´ll play him instead of a converted defensive midfielder on that position.

Midfield
-Enow is actually the coachs´favourite. If I were to decide, he wouldnt have an automatic starting spot but since the coach "loves" him, I put him in the line-up. I like that he plays simply and is a work horse. In the match against Portugal, he marschalled the midfield on his own since Makoun doesn´t defend and Song was caught out of position sometimes in the game.
- Alex Song is the biggest "Sorge Kind". If he´s mentally okay, he can produce an impeccable game but sometimes he tries to do too much and is caught out of position or tries dribbling in positions which are not okay. I´ll still start him becuase we dont know if the world class Song will show up.
- Makoun is another favourite of the coach. I´ll not start this guy in any formation, infact I´ll not call him at all if it depended on me. The guy is talented and can actaully produce magic but he is so passiv it´s unbelievable. He does no defending at all and if he doesnt do one of those magical passes, he is practically useless on the field. What I like about him is that he can score if he´s found in the 18 meter box.
- I put Mbia infront with Makoun becuase he has a nose for goals. He can score from the distance as well as with his head. What I dont like about him is that his first touch is not very good which makes him to lose the ball easily and then commits fouls or injures himself while in the process of getting the ball back. I wouldn´t play him at the defensive midfield with Enow becuase he´s not as strong defensively as A. Song.
The fear I have with this set-up is that what if A.Song, Mbia and Makoun don´t defend? The whole burden will be on Enow alone.
Attack
-I put Eto slightly in the midfield to help in defending and creating play. He can switch into the attack any time if the opportunity arises.
-Aboubakar is an undisputed starter. IMO, he and Mbia are the last 2 remaining with the fighting spirit. He is powerful, skillful and self-confident. He can score with both legs as well as with his head. He needs atmost 3 chances to score a goal. I think our attacking problems have come to an end with this young blossoming.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
The Goddess wrote:
- Alex Song is the biggest "Sorge Kind". If he´s mentally okay, he can produce an impeccable game but sometimes he tries to do too much and is caught out of position or tries dribbling in positions which are not okay. I´ll still start him becuase we dont know if the world class Song will show up.



I just want him to show up, exactly for the reasons you cited above.

:tic:

Believe me Goddess, I'm not bashing. But as I said, Song is an accident waiting to happen. He clearly is not comfortable on the ball. He really might unravel the Cameroonian middle if he decides to play with the ball, as opposed to winning it.

The best tactic for Cameroon against Croatia is to press the slow and unsure defense. Like I said, we have some serious problems in the back. We're going to have to rely on offense, scary as that is.

Cheers, Mate

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37396
Wow sister Goddess take a bow.You really know the Cameroon team.
The key in this World cup is win your first game.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group