Cameroon 28 man WC squad

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Cameroon 28 man WC squad

Post by mcal »

...as is with all African teams, if this Cameroon team don't wash their dirty linen in public aka infighting and fighting, gesturing at each other after a mistake or goal, they will go further. So is Nigeria and the rest of the sub-Saharan teams.
They can always fight in the dressing room, i think oyinbos call it 'bust up'.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cameroun is due. After years of bad luck, it is their time to shine again. I tip them to make it to the 2nd round with Brazil.

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I dont know the other guys but Matip is not one of the best, what are you smoking!? Anyways hopefully you guys make it to the next round, but have a feeling Mexico or Croatia will get 2nd spot...
Fourth best central defender in Germany behind Hummels, Dante and Sokratis according to Whoscored:
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tou ... -2013-2014
He is 21 on the list :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Goddess wrote:Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

Nyom.......Nkoulou.......Kana/Matip.......Bedimo
...............Song.........Enow
...............Mbia..........Makoun
.......................Eto
..................Aboubakar

OR
Nyom......Matip......Kana........Bedimo
................Song........Enow
Moukandjo............................Assou
................Eto........Aboubakar

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.
Kai :shyluv: and she knows her football. More excellent traits
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I dont know the other guys but Matip is not one of the best, what are you smoking!? Anyways hopefully you guys make it to the next round, but have a feeling Mexico or Croatia will get 2nd spot...
Fourth best central defender in Germany behind Hummels, Dante and Sokratis according to Whoscored:
Overall. By as a defender?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Idrissou, Webo, and Eto'o?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

my babe is Cameroonian,so by virtue of that union...I tip the Indomitable lions to go far in this world cup :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Rawlings wrote:Cameroon will beat Mexico easily. It's croatia that will be a problem
...Cameroon will have a tough time beating anybody simply because there is no platoon leader like the days of old. Under Song , Tataw, Mbouh Cameroon played their soccer with a mentality of warriors. What they lacked in talent, they more than made up in grit and sheer tenacity. It was a mentality of no one would leave the pitch alive.
-But under Eto all that is gone now. He has proven not to be a leader. Being the best player doesn't mean you have leadership qualities.
-Up until Eto our "best players" were never captain because the team sort out platoon leader qualities not the best scorer.
So with all the fighting spirit now gone, there isn't much left.
-2 draws would be the best to hope for...
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Mouko, there´re still atleast 2 players with that spirit and I admit, that´s not enough. Mbia and Aboubakar are the last 2 standing. Unfortunately Eto fades out like everybody else when the going gets tough.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

maceo4 wrote:
marutimon wrote:
21st best player in the league. 4th best central defender.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

It is all Eto'o fault. Why was he even born Cameroonian? I blame him for all the ills going on anywhere near Cameroon.
Bepanda
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The Goddess wrote:Cameroon is winning their group! You heard it here first! Those saying this is not a strong squad have no idea about what there´re talking about. The only thing to jeopardise this team will be the coachs´tactics. The 4-3-3 he usually plays is not the way to go. The team should be played compact with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1.

Mate you say Croatia has 3 World class players, well Cameroon has 3 world class players too in Eto, Aboubakar and Song. Again I repeat what might be the bane of the team will be the coachs line-up and tactics. We are balanced in all areas and this team might as well spring a surprise. I see 2 African teams playing against each other in the quarterfinals or Semifinals. Call me crazy but I believe and have faith. Line-up

OR

This team is stronger than the 1990 team IMHO. If an external factor like strife is eliminated, there´re going all the way.

Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

:)

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mexico is a very overrated team. I don't see them beating Cameroon at all. They will struggle against Cameroon, you heard it here first. If Cameroon can come out blazing in the first match and beat Mexico, I think they will qualify.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

mate wrote:

OR

Goddess,I admire your patriotism, but let's clear 1 thing up: Brazil is winning this group. Period.

Eto was a world class player. His best days are well past him. If he could get consistent service, maybe his class and experience could make the difference.

I just don't see it, at least on paper. Song? He's always an accident waiting to happen, very uncomfortable on the ball.

The Croatian defense sucks. I'll concede that. Every defender plays abroad, but none on top teams.

In midfield and forward, we're pretty loaded. Our players are on Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, and Fiorentina. Of course, we lack a ball winning holding midfielder. But I don't see Cameroon stopping our attack.

I see Mexico taking 2nd. Although I'm somewhat hopeful our coach can impose some discipline...history says Croatia will come unprepared, out of shape, and rely on talent.

Cheers, Mate
It´s not a matter of being patriotic. The Brazilian team is average and if not for the 12th player(home support), I don´t even see them getting out of their group.
If Cameroon wins the first game against Mexico, forget about it. There´re going all the way. Again I repeat, the bane of this team will be the coachs tactics or inward fighting. We´re loaded in all areas from defense to the attack. If Manjukic(sp) and Motric are taken out, Croatia is going no where.
nianiote
Egg
Egg

Post by nianiote »

The Goddess wrote:
mate wrote:

OR

Cheers, Mate
It´s not a matter of being patriotic. The Brazilian team is average and if not for the 12th player(home support), I don´t even see them getting out of their group.
If Cameroon wins the first game against Mexico, forget about it. There´re going all the way. Again I repeat, the bane of this team will be the coachs tactics or inward fighting. We´re loaded in all areas from defense to the attack. If Manjukic(sp) and Motric are taken out, Croatia is going no where.
Come on ... a Goddess should know better. It's this same brazilian team that destroyed all its opponents in the latest Confed Cup last year (remember that 3-0 final vs Spain).

As for Cameroon, the Coach didn't even show up to announce the 28 man squad before the media; looks like inward fighting has already begun.

Did you watch the latest friendly against Portugal 2 months ago ?
you could see clearly that these players have not played together enough, thus despite all the defensive-type players, the defense was very shaky, and the team lacked depth.
Can you really blame the coach if he gets the tatics wrong, with such little time to prepare for the WC ?

I like your line-ups (especially removing Assou Ekoto from the defense), but i wouldn't trust Song that much; his level has plummeted since he started warming Barcelona's bench.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

nianiote wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
mate wrote:

OR

Cheers, Mate
Come on ... a Goddess should know better. It's this same brazilian team that destroyed all its opponents in the latest Confed Cup last year (remember that 3-0 final vs Spain).

As for Cameroon, the Coach didn't even show up to announce the 28 man squad before the media; looks like inward fighting has already begun.

Did you watch the latest friendly against Portugal 2 months ago ?
you could see clearly that these players have not played together enough, thus despite all the defensive-type players, the defense was very shaky, and the team lacked depth.
Can you really blame the coach if he gets the tatics wrong, with such little time to prepare for the WC ?

I like your line-ups (especially removing Assou Ekoto from the defense), but i wouldn't trust Song that much; his level has plummeted since he started warming Barcelona's bench.
nianiote, the Spanisch team has been on a decline since 2012 and given that they were not particularly motivated during the confed cup, it needed just a decent opponent like Brazil to expose them. The brazilian team I saw in 2013 was nothing to write home about. They relied on Neymar throughout. If he´s taken out, Brazil will have serious porblems.

Back to the lions. I watched the game vs Portugal till the 60th when it was still 1-1 and I can tell you the score does/did not reflect the game at all. The lions actually went toe to toe with Portugl until the coach changed certain players which distabilised the team. Also, the mental break down of Chedjou and the whole team after he gave away the silly goal did not help matters(I saw this in the replay of course). The team is not bad at all and I have a posiitve feeling this time. You guys should not spoil the spirit with negative thinking. Infighting has always been part of the team since the 1980s and might not be too different this time around. This might be the last World cup for several players and they´ll be fools to sabotage this chance. Like I said, if the coach play a compact 4-5-1 or 4--4-2, then the team stands a chance. If he insists on playing a 4-3-3 with a shaky back-line, we´ll get murdered.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Let me do a break down of the 2 formations I wrote above;
1st Formation
Defense:
Nyom......Nkoulou.........Matip/Kana.......Bedimo
-Honestly speaking, I´m kinda scared of Nkoulou. The guy has dropped in form such that he´ll need a stonger defensive partner to compliment him. I´ll go with Kana than Matip because Matip tends to be shaky and is extremely slow. But Matips prowess in the air could be of good use since we´re not known to score many goals.
- I have faith in Bedimo. He´s actually one of the best if not the best left back in France and will do great. He runs tiredlessly on the flanks and provides many assists.
-Nyom is also good but can be shaky too. His crosses are not very good but I´ll play him instead of a converted defensive midfielder on that position.

Midfield
-Enow is actually the coachs´favourite. If I were to decide, he wouldnt have an automatic starting spot but since the coach "loves" him, I put him in the line-up. I like that he plays simply and is a work horse. In the match against Portugal, he marschalled the midfield on his own since Makoun doesn´t defend and Song was caught out of position sometimes in the game.
- Alex Song is the biggest "Sorge Kind". If he´s mentally okay, he can produce an impeccable game but sometimes he tries to do too much and is caught out of position or tries dribbling in positions which are not okay. I´ll still start him becuase we dont know if the world class Song will show up.
- Makoun is another favourite of the coach. I´ll not start this guy in any formation, infact I´ll not call him at all if it depended on me. The guy is talented and can actaully produce magic but he is so passiv it´s unbelievable. He does no defending at all and if he doesnt do one of those magical passes, he is practically useless on the field. What I like about him is that he can score if he´s found in the 18 meter box.
- I put Mbia infront with Makoun becuase he has a nose for goals. He can score from the distance as well as with his head. What I dont like about him is that his first touch is not very good which makes him to lose the ball easily and then commits fouls or injures himself while in the process of getting the ball back. I wouldn´t play him at the defensive midfield with Enow becuase he´s not as strong defensively as A. Song.
The fear I have with this set-up is that what if A.Song, Mbia and Makoun don´t defend? The whole burden will be on Enow alone.
Attack
-I put Eto slightly in the midfield to help in defending and creating play. He can switch into the attack any time if the opportunity arises.
-Aboubakar is an undisputed starter. IMO, he and Mbia are the last 2 remaining with the fighting spirit. He is powerful, skillful and self-confident. He can score with both legs as well as with his head. He needs atmost 3 chances to score a goal. I think our attacking problems have come to an end with this young blossoming.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The Goddess wrote: - Alex Song is the biggest "Sorge Kind". If he´s mentally okay, he can produce an impeccable game but sometimes he tries to do too much and is caught out of position or tries dribbling in positions which are not okay. I´ll still start him becuase we dont know if the world class Song will show up.

I just want him to show up, exactly for the reasons you cited above.

:tic:

Believe me Goddess, I'm not bashing. But as I said, Song is an accident waiting to happen. He clearly is not comfortable on the ball. He really might unravel the Cameroonian middle if he decides to play with the ball, as opposed to winning it.

The best tactic for Cameroon against Croatia is to press the slow and unsure defense. Like I said, we have some serious problems in the back. We're going to have to rely on offense, scary as that is.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wow sister Goddess take a bow.You really know the Cameroon team.
The key in this World cup is win your first game.