USA PROVISIONAL LIST OF 30 ! NO GOOSH, NO ADU

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: USA PROVISIONAL LIST OF 30 ! NO GOOSH, NO ADU

Post by GIN »

Altidore should be on the bench if he makes this team. Dude has done nothing in 2014 to earn a starting spot over Terrence Boyd.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ROTC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:No Johnson no USA..
Disciplinary concerns, may be? That was the only surprise for me. I was actually looking forward to seeing his impact…oh well, Klinsmann certainly knows better.
Na wao! Apparently many do not follow USA soccer as I thought. Eddie Johnson has been very poor this season. Has done diddly for DC United even though the team has been scoring but the team has relied on journeymen cut by other teams while Eddie Johnson was signed for huge $$ and has not produced.

The only way he could have gotten on the team is if Klinsmann considered him so critical to team chemistry.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lol queennie your head no dey house
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Onyewu nko ??

Kai...
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cmoke wrote:Failing for such easy bait shows how mumu u be.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mcal wrote:...whoever is expecting gouch or Adu no sabi football. Those 2 have done their time, US national team is not operated like NFA.
...u2 :woot: :woot:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

KPOM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Kolinzo :D :D :D ..
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

U too mumu to realize that I am the thread starter and the one who laid the bait!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
mcal wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Failing for such easy bait shows how mumu u be.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mcal wrote:...whoever is expecting gouch or Adu no sabi football. Those 2 have done their time, US national team is not operated like NFA.
...u2 :woot: :woot:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

him na donovan vs johnson
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

I'm Naija-American and I have to be honest that this selection has several holes. Wondolowski is NOT world class; Omar Gonzalez is GROSSLY overrated. Beasley is NOT a damn defender and should not even be playing as much as he does. Beckerman is skilled but just too damn slow. Oh well I hope Team USA or the SE will give us a good run..
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Julian Green ... I bow.

x
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

YUJAM wrote:Leaving out E Johnson is a mistake. He bailed them out at least once in the play-offs

Ol boy which playoffs did the USA play in? NBA or NFL lol?

(I know I know you meant WCqualification) :biggrin:

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Jimi wrote:I'm Naija-American and I have to be honest that this selection has several holes. Wondolowski is NOT world class; Omar Gonzalez is GROSSLY overrated. Beasley is NOT a damn defender and should not even be playing as much as he does. Beckerman is skilled but just too damn slow. Oh well I hope Team USA or the SE will give us a good run..
So who would you have selected instead of Omar Gonzalez?

No worries about Beasley as he is not a guaranteed starter at left back on that team but he's done a decent job as a defender(even though he is better at left midfield).

Beckerman-I'm not sure skilled is the word I'd use for him as a DMid but he cleans up well enough in midfield but I don't think he'd inspire much confidence if he starts. I guess it depends on the position Klinsmann will go with but Bradley and Jones will be the first choice in the center of midfield and Beckerman will probably be on the bench anyway so no worries there.

Not even gonna bother addressing Wondo, he scored against Mexico but against other international opposition I'm not sure about him. His lack of versatility as a forward should have been an issue but Jurgen loves to contradict himself and so had no issue picking Wondo and Jozy over EJohnson(Even though EJ wouldn't have been picked over Jozy anyway since Jozy-along with Omar G, Mike Bradley and Deuce Dempsey are Jurgen's guys).

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Enugu II wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Disciplinary concerns, may be? That was the only surprise for me. I was actually looking forward to seeing his impact…oh well, Klinsmann certainly knows better.
Na wao! Apparently many do not follow USA soccer as I thought. Eddie Johnson has been very poor this season. Has done diddly for DC United even though the team has been scoring but the team has relied on journeymen cut by other teams while Eddie Johnson was signed for huge $$ and has not produced.

The only way he could have gotten on the team is if Klinsmann considered him so critical to team chemistry.

No, Klinsmann doesn't know better when he shows he is making up rules on the fly. He contradicts himself at every turn with his player selections and this list showed it to a tee.

Eddie Johnson has been poor this season but this season is 2 or 3 months in. The MLS season doesn't depend on the 1st quarter of the season, (that is basically a worthless time in terms of what will determine a team's form at the end of the season). Jozy was piss poor all season for Sunderland, that didn't hamper him in Klinsmann's view.

The way he could have gotten on the team is if Jurgen remembered to list Landon as a midfielder(the position Jurgen had played him throughout his reign as US manager) and not picked Julian Green or Maurice Edu and then listed EJ as a striker, or midfielder(since Jurgen also played EJ at right midfield a lot).

This US team will have chemistry issues imo and while the fans will arrogantly assume they will run over Ghana and manage to draw Portugal, I think the team will falter. Jurgen's faith in Jozy will fail him and I think Johanssen might be the player that saves Jurgen's team.

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We go see.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

F360 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ROTC wrote:

No, Klinsmann doesn't know better when he shows he is making up rules on the fly. He contradicts himself at every turn with his player selections and this list showed it to a tee.

Eddie Johnson has been poor this season but this season is 2 or 3 months in. The MLS season doesn't depend on the 1st quarter of the season, (that is basically a worthless time in terms of what will determine a team's form at the end of the season). Jozy was piss poor all season for Sunderland, that didn't hamper him in Klinsmann's view.

The way he could have gotten on the team is if Jurgen remembered to list Landon as a midfielder(the position Jurgen had played him throughout his reign as US manager) and not picked Julian Green or Maurice Edu and then listed EJ as a striker, or midfielder(since Jurgen also played EJ at right midfield a lot).

This US team will have chemistry issues imo and while the fans will arrogantly assume they will run over Ghana and manage to draw Portugal, I think the team will falter. Jurgen's faith in Jozy will fail him and I think Johanssen might be the player that saves Jurgen's team.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

It's looking like three & out for team USA.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

green4life wrote:It's looking like three & out for team USA.
...you'll be shocked.
To beat Germany, just get close and take a shot at Neure he's not that good.
Against Portugal na 50-50 and frustarte Ronaldo.
And against Ghana, just watch for their breaks with one man at the top.
I think the US has learned their lessons against Ghana.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Omar Gonzalez will probably start, which along with the selection of Wondolowski highlights the weakness of the US talent pool this cycle. I remember when we had the likes of Pope, Balboa, Sanneh and Cherundulo to fortify the back line. Defense was the least of problems back then. This team will concede many goals. I would have taken Eddie Johnson over Wondo. Wondo has no big game and/or WC experience. Oh well, I hope it works out.
F360 wrote:
Jimi wrote:I'm Naija-American and I have to be honest that this selection has several holes. Wondolowski is NOT world class; Omar Gonzalez is GROSSLY overrated. Beasley is NOT a damn defender and should not even be playing as much as he does. Beckerman is skilled but just too damn slow. Oh well I hope Team USA or the SE will give us a good run..

No worries about Beasley as he is not a guaranteed starter at left back on that team but he's done a decent job as a defender(even though he is better at left midfield).

Beckerman-I'm not sure skilled is the word I'd use for him as a DMid but he cleans up well enough in midfield but I don't think he'd inspire much confidence if he starts. I guess it depends on the position Klinsmann will go with but Bradley and Jones will be the first choice in the center of midfield and Beckerman will probably be on the bench anyway so no worries there.

Not even gonna bother addressing Wondo, he scored against Mexico but against other international opposition I'm not sure about him. His lack of versatility as a forward should have been an issue but Jurgen loves to contradict himself and so had no issue picking Wondo and Jozy over EJohnson(Even though EJ wouldn't have been picked over Jozy anyway since Jozy-along with Omar G, Mike Bradley and Deuce Dempsey are Jurgen's guys).
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Gotta disagree with you on this US talent pool being weak. Some selections by Jurgen make it seem like it is weak but in reality it is stronger than it was in 2010. If any area of the team appears to be weak that would be the backline. The defense doesn't inspire confidence but a part of that is because it is rather young. Jurgen went for youth over experience in the defence(with the exception of DMBeasley). Omar Gonzalez isn't having a great start to the calendar year, season and didn't have a great finish to the USMNT WCQualifying campaign but he is better than a lot of fans seem to think. Fans are fickle and forget how he was playing prior to last fall. I don't think he is a world beater but he is still a good defender. None of the CB options will make one joyous but names get made at the WC and we will see what this young group can do. Pope, Balboa, Sanneh and Cherundulo all had good performances at various World Cups which enhanced their reputations.

Completely agree about Eddie Johnson over Wondo(l mentioned that earlier) but it didn't even have to be one or the other for the preliminary 30. What screwed Eddie up was Jurgen selectiing Joe Corona and Mix Diskerud and then deciding to select Landon as a striker instead of as a midfielder where he had played throughout most of Jurgen's reign. Plus Eddie does work for the US on the right side or could play as a target striker for the US if/when Jozy is ineffective. We'll see if this comes back to get Jurgen. I guess the friendly matches will show a lot and maybe Terrence Boyd will carry over his club form and show he can provide what Eddie Johnson did so well over the last year for the USMNT.

I wonder which defence will concede more goals, the US or Ghana's. Both have quite young defensive units. Ghana's has more European experience(Although Besler and Gonzalez both turned down opportunities to move to Euro teams otherwise the US could field an All Euro defense).

The friendlies will show a lot.
Jimi wrote:Omar Gonzalez will probably start, which along with the selection of Wondolowski highlights the weakness of the US talent pool this cycle. I remember when we had the likes of Pope, Balboa, Sanneh and Cherundulo to fortify the back line. Defense was the least of problems back then. This team will concede many goals. I would have taken Eddie Johnson over Wondo. Wondo has no big game and/or WC experience. Oh well, I hope it works out.
F360 wrote:

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cmoke wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jurgen-kli ... --sow.html

urgen Klinsmann names preliminary United States roster for World Cup
Goal.com
1 hour ago

Jurgen Klinsmann named his 30-man provisional roster Monday, setting the pool of players from which he will select his final 23-man squad for the World Cup in Brazil.

The most notable omission is D.C. United forward Eddie Johnson, who was a regular during the qualifying campaign but saw a dip in form and the emergence of Julian Green as an option end his World Cup dream.

The squad will report to Palo Alto, California, where it will train at Stanford University before the final roster is due June 2.

The roster includes stalwarts such as goalkeepers Tim Howard and Brad Guzan; defenders Matt Besler, Geoff Cameron and Omar Gonzalez; midfielders Michael Bradley, Landon Donovan and Graham Zusi; and forwards Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore.

As expected, Klinsmann also included a few players who aren't mainstays but are hoping to impress in training camp and make the cut, including red-hot forward Terrence Boyd of Rapid Vienna. Fullback Timmy Chandler also features on the roster after being on the outs since the Americans' opening hexagonal defeat in Honduras.

The full squad:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (11): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)
MIDFIELDERS (10): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
Defense:
Damarcus Beasley, Clarence Goodson, Fabian Johnson, Geoff Cameron, Timmy Chandler, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez

Midfield:
Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Graham Zusi, Alejandro Bedoya, Maurice Edu, Joe Corona, Mix Diskerud, Kyle Beckerman

Forward: Jozy Altidore, Terrence Boyd (or Johannson, Aron), Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Chris Wondolowski.

And of course the three goalies are going.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Now this list is a good list and the guys picked are capable of beating any team in the world on any given day. Depending on the formation, Altidore, Dempsey, Landon should be a handful for the Ghanaians. Johansson should also be a handful for the Ghanaians if he is picked.

However, I must state that Landon Donovan has to take the back sit on this one. He does not necessarily have to be on the bench but the ball cannot be going through him all the time. I don't think he's getting along with Clint Dempsey anymore. Dempsey on the other hand cannot play like he owns this team -I trust Klinsman to call him to order. I know for a fact that Jozy Altidore will give 110%. So, Dempsey and Donovan must, MUST share the ball.

I like the defense. Goodson and Cameron are a good pair. Beasley will keep the his opponents honest, Chandler or Fabian will do the same on the right.

In the midfield, my boy M. Bradley, aka box2box X Box, will have a good WC again barring injury. Jermaine Jones is a sure starter staying put in the DM, Zusi or Diskerud (or both depending on the formation) will have a blast.

This team should be built around M. Bradley, aka box2box X Box.

Let me warn you guys, the Yanks are coming!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kolinzo wrote:Now this list is a good list and the guys picked are capable of beating any team in the world on any given day. Depending on the formation, Altidore, Dempsey, Landon should be a handful for the Ghanaians. Johansson should also be a handful for the Ghanaians if he is picked.

However, I must state that Landon Donovan has to take the back sit on this one. He does not necessarily have to be on the bench but the ball cannot be going through him all the time. I don't think he's getting along with Clint Dempsey anymore. Dempsey on the other hand cannot play like he owns this team -I trust Klinsman to call him to order. I know for a fact that Jozy Altidore will give 110%. So, Dempsey and Donovan must, MUST share the ball.

I like the defense. Goodson and Cameron are a good pair. Beasley will keep the his opponents honest, Chandler or Fabian will do the same on the right.

In the midfield, my boy M. Bradley, aka box2box X Box, will have a good WC again barring injury. Jermaine Jones is a sure starter staying put in the DM, Zusi or Diskerud (or both depending on the formation) will have a blast.

This team should be built around M. Bradley, aka box2box X Box.

Let me warn you guys, the Yanks are coming!!

Ol boy, I thought you actually follow the US team?

Clarence Goodson will not be a starter on the US defence.
Geoff Cameron (even though he can play CB proficiently) does not start at CB if Gonzo and Besler are healthy. Jurgen prefers to play Cameron at RB.
Fabian Johnson is preferred on the left by Klinsmann. Cameron on the right.
Mix Diskerud is a long shot to even make the 23. He hasn't impressed for the national team and his club form isn't better than Ale Bedoya's was. Both will be in a battle to make the final 23 and the WC friendlies will determine a lot but don't mention Zusi and Diskerud in the same sentence since Zusi is a guaranteed lock for the 23 and Diskerud isn't.

Don't be so confident in the defense either.

GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

I never knew that the stashman is part of the US coaching staff :shock:
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099