Africa's best hope! Cote D'Ivoire World Cup Squad

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jaidi
Egg
Egg
Africa's best hope! Cote D'Ivoire World Cup Squad

Post by Jaidi »

The squad:

Goalkeepers: Copa Barry (Lokeren), Gbohouo Sylvain (Sewe Sport), Sayouba Mandé (Stabaek), Badra Ali (ASEC Mimosas).

Defenders: Kolo Touré (Liverpool), Bamba Souleyman (Trabzonspor), Jean Daniel Akpa Akpro (Toulouse), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Serge Aurier (Toulouse), Brice Dja Djédjé (Marseille), Didier Zokora (Trabzonspor), Benjamin Angoua Brou (Valenciennes), Ousman Vieira (Caykur Rizespor).

Midfielders: Cheick Tioté (Newcastle), Yaya Touré (Manchester City), Romaric (Bastia), Max-Alain Gradel (St Etienne), Ismaël Diomandé (St Etienne), Didier Ya Konan (Hannover 96), Constant Djakpa (Eintracht Frankfurt), Geoffroy Serey Dié (Basel).

Strikers: Wilfried Bony (Swansea), Didier Drogba (Galatasaray), Gervinho (Roma), Giovanni Sio (Basel), Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow), Lacina Traoré (Monaco), Salomon Kalou (Lille).

I predict a quarterfinal appearance for this squad. I hope Lamouchi grows a backbone and gives Bony pitch time!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Africa's best hope! Cote D'Ivoire World Cup Squad

Post by bamenda boy »

That defense get as ei be. Too old.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

How is Romaric doing at Bastia? Seems like he's been getting automatic call ups for a decade but never actually plays.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Jaidi wrote:How is Romaric doing at Bastia? Seems like he's been getting automatic call ups for a decade but never actually plays.
He has played more games this season than Gabriel Reuben - that is for sure.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The team looks loaded on paper.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Jaidi wrote:How is Romaric doing at Bastia? Seems like he's been getting automatic call ups for a decade but never actually plays.
he's always in and out of their squad, the guy has a bad attitude
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Serge Aurier (Toulouse)

won't be long before he's world class... I expect a great WC for him(in their three games) :)
Saints baby we did it
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

King Futcha wrote:Serge Aurier (Toulouse)

won't be long before he's world class... I expect a great WC for him(in their three games) :)
He's gonna be our Sagna replacement :thumbs:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

juventuss wrote:The team looks loaded on paper.

Looks old on paper.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

I see three old players. Zokora, Drogba, and Kolo. Not a guarantee all three will start either. Other than that the team is young or players in their prime.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Jaidi wrote:I see three old players. Zokora, Drogba, and Kolo. Not a guarantee all three will start either. Other than that the team is young or players in their prime.
They have quite a few legs close to 30 and over. Apart from Yaya who is 31 but a freak of nature and in the best form of his life, the rest below are a bit on the older side of things
Copa Barry- 34. Weakest point in the team. Old and a waste pipe even when he was young. When queenie proclaimed him as the best keeper in Africa, that was the final confirmation of his utter uselessness
Romaric- 30 year old midfielder
Arthur Boka 31 year old defender
You also have a few people like Die -29, Kalouseless -28 who are close to 30.

Anyway, ill be rooting for them. This generation deserves to do something worth remembering as one of the top African teams of our time. This is the last time for them to prove it.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

No French division III players on the squad .... Good!
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

metalalloy wrote:
Jaidi wrote:I see three old players. Zokora, Drogba, and Kolo. Not a guarantee all three will start either. Other than that the team is young or players in their prime.
They have quite a few legs close to 30 and over. Apart from Yaya who is 31 but a freak of nature and in the best form of his life, the rest below are a bit on the older side of things
Copa Barry- 34. Weakest point in the team. Old and a waste pipe even when he was young. When queenie proclaimed him as the best keeper in Africa, that was the final confirmation of his utter uselessness

Anyway, ill be rooting for them. This generation deserves to do something worth remembering as one of the top African teams of our time. This is the last time for them to prove it.
I can't stand Kalou either, its maddening that he's been a mainstay for them forever. If Lamouchi is smart he's picking Aurier ahead of Boka.

Agreed that Copa Barry is beyond useless. How is it that they've yet to develop a keeper to replace him?
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Jaidi wrote:The squad:

Goalkeepers: Copa Barry (Lokeren), Gbohouo Sylvain (Sewe Sport), Sayouba Mandé (Stabaek), Badra Ali (ASEC Mimosas).

Defenders: Kolo Touré (Liverpool), Bamba Souleyman (Trabzonspor), Jean Daniel Akpa Akpro (Toulouse), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Serge Aurier (Toulouse), Brice Dja Djédjé (Marseille), Didier Zokora (Trabzonspor), Benjamin Angoua Brou (Valenciennes), Ousman Vieira (Caykur Rizespor).

Midfielders: Cheick Tioté (Newcastle), Yaya Touré (Manchester City), Romaric (Bastia), Max-Alain Gradel (St Etienne), Ismaël Diomandé (St Etienne), Didier Ya Konan (Hannover 96), Constant Djakpa (Eintracht Frankfurt), Geoffroy Serey Dié (Basel).

Strikers: Wilfried Bony (Swansea), Didier Drogba (Galatasaray), Gervinho (Roma), Giovanni Sio (Basel), Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow), Lacina Traoré (Monaco), Salomon Kalou (Lille).

I predict a quarterfinal appearance for this squad. I hope Lamouchi grows a backbone and gives Bony pitch time!
...paper lion for you...
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

juventuss wrote:The team looks loaded on paper.
"As they always do about this time." I used to be a Cote D'Ivore groupie and used to think that CE skeptics were talking rubbish. It took me a couple of ANCs and WC to be proved wrong.
-Simpli fy -
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:

look at this google search analysis, no surprise coming from Luigi... you're saying the Belgian Keeper of the Year in 2009 is useless and a wastepipe? Vincent is just now winning his first award, Copa was doing that when Vince was lost in Israel.
Saints baby we did it
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

look at this google search analysis, no surprise coming from Luigi... you're saying the Belgian Keeper of the Year in 2009 is useless and a wastepipe? Vincent is just now winning his first award, Copa was doing that when Vince was lost in Israel.
You cannot deny Copa has often had shocking performances at CAN.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Jaidi wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

like when he kept a clean sheet throughout the entire 2012 tournament :) only for Drogba to kill two birds with one stone

Saints baby we did it
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

No Eboue?

No who will translate from N. Korean to the team nah?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Psst... we are in the year 2014...

FYI. in the same year while your yeye copa wastepipe was winning goal keeper of the year, Enyeama was winning FOOTBALLER (not just gk) of the year in Israel :taunt:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
Jaidi wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

like when he kept a clean sheet throughout the entire 2012 tournament :) only for Drogba to kill two birds with one stone

nah like this..

[/video]

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I don't know when Africans will learn that success in football takes more than assembling household names. Strongest on paper and the weakest group according to pundits but underrate Colombia, Greece and Japan at your own peril...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ekorian wrote:I don't know when Africans will learn that success in football takes more than assembling household names. Strongest on paper and the weakest group according to pundits but underrate Colombia, Greece and Japan at your own peril...
There is also the danger of overrating the opposition as well. CIV has some players who have been together for almost 10 years now. They have a true game changer in Yaya Toure who is in the prime of his career, and they have avoided being placed in impossible group for the first time since they started qualifying for the WC. I really like their chances in that group. Any 2 of the 4 can qualify out of that group.