Torres Makes Spain 30

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Torres Makes Spain 30

Post by Shownoja »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27394287
Strikers Diego Costa and Fernando Torres have been named in holders Spain's provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup in Brazil.
Atletico Madrid's Costa, 25, was born and raised in Brazil and made two friendly appearances for them last year before become a naturalised Spaniard.

Torres is also included despite making only 16 Premier League starts and scoring five goals for Chelsea.

The world champions also won the European Championship in 2008 and 2012.
They begin their defence with a Group B match against the Netherlands on 13 June, before facing Chile and Australia.
There are eight Premier League players in Del Bosque's squad.

Torres is joined by Chelsea team-mate Cesar Azpilicueta, while Manchester City's attacking trio David Silva, Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas are selected.

Arsenal's Santi Cazorla is in the group along with Manchester United's Juan Mata and David De Gea.
Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes is missing the World Cup because of a serious knee injury and uncapped De Gea has been preferred to Real Madrid's first-choice goalkeeper Diego Lopez.
Eleven squad members are from Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), David De Gea (Manchester United).
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Sergio Ramos (both Real Madrid), Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba (both Barcelona), Cesar Azplicueta (Chelsea), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas (all Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), David Silva (Manchester City), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Tiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Juan Mata (Manchester United), Jesus Navas (Manchester City).

Forwards: Diego Costa, David Villa (both Atletico Madrid), Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Juventus), Fernando Torres (Chelsea).
To stop trying is to start dying
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Torres Makes Spain 30

Post by Ekorian »

And people want us to believe that this kind of thing only happen in Nigeria. I guess Vincente Del Bosque " don hammer " too...
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

30 man team will be reduced later..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ekorian wrote:And people want us to believe that this kind of thing only happen in Nigeria. I guess Vincente Del Bosque " don hammer " too...
I didn't know that Torres plays for Chelsea's reserves? :shock:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Sunset wrote:
Ekorian wrote:And people want us to believe that this kind of thing only happen in Nigeria. I guess Vincente Del Bosque " don hammer " too...
5 goals, 16 games out of 38 and multiple mediocre performances. Imagine he was a Nigerian...
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
5 goals, 16 games out of 38 and multiple mediocre performances. Imagine he was a Nigerian...
Shola Ameobi.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Sunset wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Shola Ameobi.
Thanks for proving my point. del Bosque don hammer!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nothing surprising here, Casillas also sits the bench a lot at Real, but will be an undisputed starter for Spain, they have built a team that has chemistry the coach wont break that up anyhow.

Na serious headache to trim this team to 23 kai!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Shola Ameobi.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you dey mind am, bobo forget to add Casillas
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Shola Ameobi.
Sorry bros, the only Naija player comparable to Torres is Ideye, and didn't he win the Golden Boot at the Confed Cup? :roll:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Some coach are clueless,so how come Diego Lopez did not even make the 30 man team?The guy is a good keeper and benching Iker in R.Madrid.
To cut the team to 23 the following players should be drop they dont even deserved to be in the team Fernando Llorente (Juventus) and Fernando Torres (Chelsea) along with Mata,Raul Albiol should be drop.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Lloreante has been good for Juve. He deserves to be in that team. Spain is blessed with some many good players. Some players hearts would be broken. The coach will stick with what has worked for him.
kajifu wrote:Some coach are clueless,so how come Diego Lopez did not even make the 30 man team?The guy is a good keeper and benching Iker in R.Madrid.
To cut the team to 23 the following players should be drop they dont even deserved to be in the team Fernando Llorente (Juventus) and Fernando Torres (Chelsea) along with Mata,Raul Albiol should be drop.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Only in Nigeria and Spain will a National Team Coach call up a reserve goalie while the starter that benched him is not called up!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cmoke wrote:Only in Nigeria and Spain will a National Team Coach call up a reserve goalie while the starter that benched him is not called up!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pedigree brethren. Casillas is on the way down and no doubt his call up wreaks of sentimentality. Torres is simply because Spain have a poverty of options. Truth be told, they'll play Cesc up top on many occasions. And the point is, Ameobi is absolute dogsh*t, but well placed within what is destined to be a bog standard squad.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cmoke wrote:Only in Nigeria and Spain will a National Team Coach call up a reserve goalie while the starter that benched him is not called up!

Between you and Uncle 1Naira I no sabi who too like trobu pass... :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Del Bosque has not selected his squad on merit for a while now. I think Negredo and Villa will be the two that get the axe.

Diego Costa will be Spain's main striker with Torres and Llorente as the back-ups. BTW, I think it is ridiculous Costa chose Spain over Brazil. The guy was born and raised in Brazil and lived there for the first 18 years of his life. Brazil gave him his first taste of NT football. The WC is being played in Brazil! Brazil lacks a 'top top top' striker and he would've had a guaranteed spot in the starting XI! Costa will rue the decision to represent Spain.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Heliopolis wrote:Del Bosque has not selected his squad on merit for a while now. I think Negredo and Villa will be the two that get the axe.

Diego Costa will be Spain's main striker with Torres and Llorente as the back-ups. BTW, I think it is ridiculous Costa chose Spain over Brazil. The guy was born and raised in Brazil and lived there for the first 18 years of his life. Brazil gave him his first taste of NT football. The WC is being played in Brazil! Brazil lacks a 'top top top' striker and he would've had a guaranteed spot in the starting XI! Costa will rue the decision to represent Spain.
You think he will be guarantee a starting shirt for Brazil?Did not Big Phil snub him befor he choose Spain?
Torres and Llorente should not make Spain team 23 man.I will like Spain to face Brazil in second round.Hopefully Holland or Chili top the not Spain.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Costa is a sellout and will hopefully feel the revulsion of "his" people.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:Costa is a sellout and will hopefully feel the revulsion of "his" people.
Diego Costa is not a forward in the mold of the typical Brazilian. Brazilian forwards are creative finishers; Brazil tends to spurn guys whose only skill is putting the ball in the net, guys who only depend on positioning, guys who cannot kpa one, kpa two, fiam! Put am for net...

Thus they never picked Roberto Dynamite in the '82 and 86 World Cups even though he was leading Brazilian goalscorer, and ignored Mario Jardel's goalscoring exploits in the Portuguese League in the 1990s. Diego Costa is an European player wey no sabi dribble even though he was born in Brazil, and his decision to play for Spain is sound.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

kajifu wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Del Bosque has not selected his squad on merit for a while now. I think Negredo and Villa will be the two that get the axe.

You think he will be guarantee a starting shirt for Brazil?Did not Big Phil snub him befor he choose Spain?
Torres and Llorente should not make Spain team 23 man.I will like Spain to face Brazil in second round.Hopefully Holland or Chili top the not Spain.
Big Phil selected Costa twice last year a few months before Costa was awarded Spanish citizenship.

Brazil does not have any good CF's and Costa would have been their #1, #2 and #3 choice striker. To have Fred as Brazil's starting World Cup striker (in Brazil) is an embarrassment to the Ronaldos, Rivaldos, Romarios, and Pele's of the world.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I'm not going to compare Spain to Nigeria in public so I won't do it on CE :woot:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Alcantra out. He did not recover from his knee injury in time
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"