France 23 - Nasri misses

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: France 23 - Nasri misses

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sunset wrote:
Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:The French are a sneakily loaded side, any side that ignores them will pay.

Goalkeepers: Lloris (Tottenham), Mandanda (Marseille), Landreau (Bordeaux).

Defenders: Debuchy (Newcastle), Sagna (Arsenal), Koscielny (Arsenal), Sakho (Liverpool), Varane (Real Madrid), Mangala (Porto), Evra (Manchester United), Digne (PSG)

Midfielders: Cabaye (PSG), Grenier (Lyon), Matuidi (PSG), Mavuba (Lille), Pogba (Juventus), Sissoko (Newcastle), Valbuena (Marseille).

Strikers: Benzema (Real Madrid), Giroud (Arsenal), Griezmann (Real Sociedad), Ribery (Bayern Munich), Remy (QPR).

Standby: Remy Cabella (Montpellier), Maxime Gonalons (Lyon), Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon), Loic Perrin (Saint-Etienne), Stephane Ruffier (Saint-Etienne), Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton), Benoit Tremoulinas (Dynamo Kiev).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... z31ctrQ8Mg
Are these France's best players? Hmmmm... it seems most teams are going for the players who will play best as a team.

Oh well... :?
Yes. :taunt:
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:The French are a sneakily loaded side, any side that ignores them will pay.

Defenders: Debuchy (Newcastle), Sagna (Arsenal), Koscielny (Arsenal), Sakho (Liverpool), Varane (Real Madrid), Mangala (Porto), Evra (Manchester United), Digne (PSG)

Midfielders: Cabaye (PSG), Grenier (Lyon), Matuidi (PSG), Mavuba (Lille), Pogba (Juventus), Sissoko (Newcastle), Valbuena (Marseille).

Strikers: Benzema (Real Madrid), Giroud (Arsenal), Griezmann (Real Sociedad), Ribery (Bayern Munich), Remy (QPR).

Standby: Remy Cabella (Montpellier), Maxime Gonalons (Lyon), Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon), Loic Perrin (Saint-Etienne), Stephane Ruffier (Saint-Etienne), Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton), Benoit Tremoulinas (Dynamo Kiev).

Are these France's best players? Hmmmm... it seems most teams are going for the players who will play best as a team.

Deschamps just now said he's chosen the best SQUAD not necessarily the best players. Notice a theme here with him, Scolari, Del Bosque, etc etc...
Nasri and to an extent Clichy are the only players "missing".
...that guy is a good player but too arrogant and aloof, may cause trouble for the coach in camp ala Ike Uche.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:
niyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Coach really nor like am. But no fuss made because there r no Div 3 junks to replace him. He will still be missed IMHO.
People said they'd miss Cantona and Nasri is nowhere near the talent that great #7 was. Bad influences on the squad are a no-no.

When you talk of D3 junk, you're acting as if Nigeria has players who were playing week in, week out at the biggest clubs in the world, league winners, etc who were ignored. I saw someone make a similar comment regarding Spain and someone else called Brazil lightweight. Levels pass levels, Nigeria's hope at this world cup is 100% based on unpredictability and a STRONG unit. If we rely on individuals, we don't stand a dog's chance in hell. If the SE went into the Mundial with the best 23 individuals Nigeria has, lets just say Okocha and Kanu would be in the team.
Can we get good players in our strong unit? Or do we have to keep depending on the likes of Gabriel Reuben - kicked out of Kilmanock, Uchebo and Nwofor - kicked out of Venlo.

We will do well because we have a good starting line-up but our bench is full of "droppers" not worthy enough to wear the GWG.

Sure, you can get stronger players in your unit OVER TIME but you talk of Gabriel...that's someone Keshi has worked with for a while, call it dropology, call it what you will, the guy is a stronger part of the unit than say Haruna or Obasi. If there's corruption in the NT, it's symptomatic of a wider problem with the nation, expecting that things will be different with the NT is not taking a full view of things.

NT's often present a view of what a nation's looking like...if our country is corrupt and officials are not paid on time, is it abnormal to expect corruption at various levels INCLUDING the NT? I hate any foul play of any kind but if you want to complain about 'droppers', no be today. That's a problem with our nation as a whole, solve the Nigeria-issue and the SE issue will follow suit swiftly.

:boo: :boo:

So because its a problem with our Country we should not say jack when we see something OBVIOUSLY foul going on?

You guys keep saying Keshi worked with Reuben for years. You do realize this is 2014 right? Keshi became Coach in 2011...Reuben has been injured since late 2012 really if we are honest with ourselves....don't be naïve man.

Lets not argue anymore I beg. Certain ppl have come around to some things that have been said on here for years...others wont. One thing we should all do is support the team regardless....egunje/favoritism/div3 players and all.....
First of all, let me be crystal clear. I HATE the corruption that goes with every facet of our society, I hate the foul play, I detest the shortcuts and I am tired of a country that embraces those who cheat and steal while acting like the actual good people are the abnormal ones, sick of it.

With that said, you can say all you want from now till your face turns blue, but it won't change a thing. You can keep saying stuff or talking but it fails to address or understand the why. That's the point I'm making that you've totally missed. Whether FC or LC, the problem remains. Are Nigerians not tired of blowing hot air and shying away from actually facing issues and truths? Did the complaints stop the FA from sacking the unfortunate Amodu (2ce), hiring Lagerback and taking half his salary? Did the complaints stop Carlos Alberto Torres from walking away after less than a week? These problems are symptomatic of Naija, it's been that way since nineteen-kwekwe. I'm saying if you want to look further and ACTUALLY understand why these things keep happening in the NT's then it's right there before your face. It may be happening with Keshi and it WILL continue to happen. When you want to fix a car with a busted timing belt, you don't buy car paint to glossy up the exterior. You cannot divorce these complaints and occurrences from Nigeria as a whole, it's impossible.

By ages, I mean Keshi has worked with him long term, or almost as long as he's been there. Even just the fact that he took him to the anc camp is enough. It's same reason Bright Dike gets dibs over Martins. It's easily explainable, whether you accept or embrace that decision is your call. I'm not saying I like it, just giving what is a plausible explanation.

What things have you been saying for years? That Keshi collects money or uses wayo? Has anything changed since 94? Didnt Westerhof do same? Has the Nigerian society improved? Baseline remains the same it's always been, we try to work through the murky issues and the guy did win the CAN after a 19 year hiatus right? We can only hope that his unit does well in Brazil but if they don't, I'm 100% sure it won't be because obasi or haruna or uche were absent, I'm 100% sure about that.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Deschamps just now said he's chosen the best SQUAD not necessarily the best players. Notice a theme here with him, Scolari, Del Bosque, etc etc...
Nasri and to an extent Clichy are the only players "missing".
You mean to tell me that they did not choose an All Star team?

They dropped obviously better players? :huh: :? :sad:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Lol, Clichy isn't obviously better.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Apart from Nasri who else of note was dropped?

That team is Frances all star squad.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

"Samir is an important player for Manchester City but he has not performed that well with France," Deschamps said. "He is a starter at City, which is not the case with France and he has made clear that he is not happy when he is not [a starter], and I can tell you it can be felt in the squad. I built the best squad, I did not pick the 23 best French players."
And they asked "which teams are not picking their "best" players" Here is a quote straight from the horses mouth from yet another foreign coach...

The silence on this is deafening from those who know demsefs :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:Apart from Nasri who else of note was dropped?

I built the best squad, I did not pick the 23 best French players.
Last edited by metalalloy on Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:Apart from Nasri who else of note was dropped?

We gree... :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:
"Samir is an important player for Manchester City but he has not performed that well with France," Deschamps said. "He is a starter at City, which is not the case with France and he has made clear that he is not happy when he is not [a starter], and I can tell you it can be felt in the squad. I built the best squad, I did not pick the 23 best French players."
And they asked "which teams are not picking their "best" players" Here is a quote straight from the horses mouth from yet another foreign coach...

Please provide the direct link because TXJ, TheYeyeman, Coach and all dia disciples go tink say you manufacture am o... :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote:

He picked the best 22!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Please provide the direct link because TXJ, TheYeyeman, Coach and all dia disciples go tink say you manufacture am o... :lol: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :P
sorry

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -deschamps

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

France has chosen their best players - who in that squad doesn't belong there?

Anyway, I'm not getting into all that again - Cellular has been flogged enough over the past couple of days. :P

Have you guys seen the reaction of Nasri's girlfriend to his snub? She's seriously vexing on Twitter. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:rotf:
Every coach looks to build the best squad from the best available players.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He picked the best 22!
I no dey subscribe to Internet bullying... so I will cease and desist from continuously showing you bitterness.

Make I PM Ugbowo, Green4Life and Analyzer to tell dem say you don surrender... :P

Ps., MetalIgwe, please stop am o...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:France has chosen their best players - who in that squad doesn't belong there?

Anyway, I'm not getting into all that again - Cellular has been flogged enough over the past couple of days. :P

Have you guys seen the reaction of Nasri's girlfriend to his snub? She's seriously vexing on Twitter. :lol:
TheYeyeman V.14, I no fit dey angry at you... your name alone na disclaimer. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote:Coach really nor like am. But no fuss made because there r no Div 3 junks to replace him. He will still be missed IMHO.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

He picked the best 22!
I no dey subscribe to Internet bullying... so I will cease and desist from continuously showing you bitterness.

Make I PM Ugbowo, Green4Life and Analyzer to tell dem say you don surrender... :P

Ps., MetalIgwe, please stop am o...
:rotf:

More proof Catalyst was right afterall

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:France has chosen their best players - who in that squad doesn't belong there?

TheYeyeman V.14, I no fit dey angry at you... your name alone na disclaimer. :taunt:
Am I up to v14 already? :D

I think I'll request an update shortly. Can you imagine the yabbis you'll receive when I have a new engine? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Deschamps has never forgiven Nasri for his horrible displays in the WCQ playoffs vs the Ukraine.

This is only out done by Houllier out right hatred of David Ginola following the 1994 WCQ disaster in Paris vs Bulgaria.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

No fuss at all...

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2014/0 ... rom-squad/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/didie ... ch-tweets/

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/worldcup ... -World-Cup

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

niyi wrote:
platinum wrote:
People said they'd miss Cantona and Nasri is nowhere near the talent that great #7 was. Bad influences on the squad are a no-no.

When you talk of D3 junk, you're acting as if Nigeria has players who were playing week in, week out at the biggest clubs in the world, league winners, etc who were ignored. I saw someone make a similar comment regarding Spain and someone else called Brazil lightweight. Levels pass levels, Nigeria's hope at this world cup is 100% based on unpredictability and a STRONG unit. If we rely on individuals, we don't stand a dog's chance in hell. If the SE went into the Mundial with the best 23 individuals Nigeria has, lets just say Okocha and Kanu would be in the team.
Can we get good players in our strong unit? Or do we have to keep depending on the likes of Gabriel Reuben - kicked out of Kilmanock, Uchebo and Nwofor - kicked out of Venlo.

We will do well because we have a good starting line-up but our bench is full of "droppers" not worthy enough to wear the GWG.
Please I entreat you to rewatch the last match between Nigeria and Mexico . After rewatching the match you are still convinced we have a good starting lineup then I will infer you and Keshi are inhaling or consuming this same chemical. The players that started the match are pretty much our starters . There is no question about it Keshi needed to revamp the team seriously judging from the poor performances the boys exhibited. I strongly doubt if we will have a good World Cup tournament with the players Keshi called up .