Scouting Argentina

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Scouting Argentina

Post by Tbite »

[/video]

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Scouting Argentina

Post by kajifu »

Their keeper is accident waiting to happen
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Victor Moses should play on the right against Argentina (And no he won't be uncomfortable there, that is where he played for Chelsea mostly).

Efe Ambrose and Victor Moses should exploit the weakness of the Argentinian left flank! Their LB is atrocious.

Of course, in saying that, they will be very strong offensively along that flank, So Ambrose will have to be on top of his game, both defensively and offensively! He will have to do a lot of tracking back, otherwise Di Maria will have him for breakfast.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tbite wrote: Efe Ambrose and Victor Moses should exploit the weakness of the Argentinian left flank! Their LB is atrocious.

Of course, in saying that, they will be very strong offensively along that flank, So Ambrose will have to be on top of his game, both defensively and offensively! He will have to do a lot of tracking back, otherwise Di Maria will have him for breakfast.
Well, Di Maria isn't the best going backwards (at least for Madrid) and it's something which Ambrose could exploit. But the build up needs to be fast, not the pedestrian play that allows a defence to set itself and put ten men behind the ball.

Also Ambrose will need to know when to go forward and when to say and not leave his flank exposed as we saw vs Uruguay in the Confed Cup.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

:lol:

Moreso than ever, Nigeria must appreciate the game's entirety, running races for thirty minutes, then keeling over like a potbellied Geordie after a 50 yard dash, is inadequate and frankly speaking, unprofessional. Do your f*cking job. Eyes wide shut, full of dry sleep, looked on as they were exploited by Jordi Alba et al, time and again. If Nigeria go into any game thinking they're Michael Katsidis, swinging widely for three rounds and breathing heavily for nine, they'll be clobbered mercilessly, rightfully and hopefully past the point of brain damage! Tufiakwah! A full ninety minutes or f*ck off back to Russian Standard Matryoshkas!
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

Ironically I believe Nigeria can actually hammer Argentina 3-1 but to do so we need to defend deep, close off the center and hit them on the counter. I would play Victor Moses and Musa furthest up and train mikel and onazi to hit them with the long ball. Argentina's defence is nothing to write about.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

JMObi wrote:Ironically I believe Nigeria can actually hammer Argentina 3-1 but to do so we need to defend deep, close off the center and hit them on the counter. I would play Victor Moses and Musa furthest up and train mikel and onazi to hit them with the long ball. Argentina's defence is nothing to write about.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Oya clap for yaself
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

No need to worry about Argentina unless we eff up big time. They are a red herring for us this time.

IMO, if the game has any relevance to us qualifying for the next round, then we probably aren't deserving (and not good enough) to progress.

Long Live King Obi!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I want us to beat every team we come against.

The ONLY reason that I might say...lets not go all out against every team...is that lets say we have technically already qualified....with our team being as thin as it is, it may not be wise (well it wouldn't be) to risk bodies...against our sternest challenge.

That is the only reason! But if we have a deep 23 (as every team should be expected to have) and Keshi believes that we do...then we should be taking on EVERY match for the win! That is how every team should be playing! Nobody wants that Austria Vs Germany B/S, when teams decide when they want to stop or start playing!

You should be aiming to win every match period!

but if we are indeed thin like I suspect and we have qualified by the time we come up against Argentina...then perhaps...we will be forced to even field the likes of Ejide, Azubuike, Babatunde, Reuben and other peripheral clout players. It is a shame if it comes to that.

When we fielded some new names against England in our last game in 2002, the argument there, was that we were out of it and we were looking to give the youth some confidence! Well I can tell you now that our peripheral players are not our future! If they play...it will only be to save our more adequate players from injury. They are training practice dummies and injury buffers.

Harsh, cold........unsympathetic....but true.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Again, one of the two will need to win the last game to ensure their stay in the tournament.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I just hope Nigeria doesn't go to sleep when the ball is not in play... focus at all times.

My second worry is that we'll pick up many cards to key players, forcing us to play the journey men...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

Caveat Nigeria should not let Messi waltz into the box or thread balls into Aguero or get good looks at goal to take shots from outside. Like coach said we need to pace ourselves. Hit them on the counter and maintain defensive shape. Also we should track Di maria trademark runs down the left.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe