W/C:Spain call up New Player outside the 30 initially listed

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
W/C:Spain call up New Player outside the 30 initially listed

Post by Bobo Dan »

World Cup 2014: Gerard Deulofeu called up by Spain for friendly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27565470

Barcelona midfielder Gerard Deulofeu, who spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Everton, has been called up by Spain for a pre-World Cup friendly.
The 20-year-old, who has yet to win a senior cap, is named in a 19-man squad to face Bolivia in Seville on 30 May.
Deulofeu impressed at Goodison Park, scoring three goals in 25 Premier League appearances.
Spain manager Vicente del Bosque will wait until 2 June before naming his 23-man squad for the World Cup.
Del Bosque has already named his provisional 30-man squad and had been expected to trim it down this weekend.
But he appears to have changed his mind.

"Until 2 June we do not need to give the final list to Fifa so why do it ahead of time?" he said at a news conference on Sunday.
The squad to face Bolivia does not include any Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid players after Saturday's Champions League final.
His decision means Atletico striker Diego Costa, who lasted nine minutes as they lost 4-1 to Real in Lisbon, will have more time to get fit for the tournament.
Deulofeu's call up gives him the chance to position himself at the head of the queue in case of any unexpected pull-outs ahead of the World Cup.
"We trust him and if someone were to pull out tomorrow he would be top of the list," Del Bosque said.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: W/C:Spain call up New Player outside the 30 initially li

Post by metalalloy »

Hmm interesting. Doubt naija will be doing this anytime soon
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16