Cote D'Ivoire announces 5 players cut for 23 man list.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cote D'Ivoire announces 5 players cut for 23 man list.

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote:They dropped Doumbia yet keep Boly? :shock:

Exactly bros. I don't rate that Giovani Sio either. Never seen what he brings to the table.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Ivory Coast trim World Cup squad

Post by highbury »

iworo wrote:Ivory Coast trim World Cup squad
02 Jun 2014 12:08:00 AM

Strikers Seydou Doumbia and Lacina Traore are the major players to be cut from Sabri Lamouchi's side as the Liverpool defender is passed fit for the competition

Kolo Toure will be part of the Ivory Coast squad for the World Cup, despite contracting malaria in the build-up to the finals.

The Liverpool defender was named as part of Sabri Lamouchi's 23-man squad for the tournament on Sunday, even though he did not feature in their 2-1 defeat to Bosnia-Herzegovina the previous day.

Lamouchi's squad has seen five players released from the provisional 28, with strikers Seydou Doumbia, who scored 20 goals for CSKA Moscow last season, and Lacina Traore both being cut.

The pair are joined by defenders Benjamin Angoua and Brice Dja Djedje, plus goalkeeper Badra Ali in missing Ivory Coast's third appearance at a finals.

Informing the five players was a tough task for Lamouchi, who admitted it brought back memories of his exclusion from France's squad for their hosting of the World Cup in 1998.

"I've known a few difficult moments in my two years as national coach," Supersport quote him as saying. "But today has been by far the most difficult day.

"I have to do my job responsibly and make tough decisions. The five players who will not take part in the World Cup have been exemplary throughout."

Ivory Coast complete their tournament preparations against El Salvador on Wednesday before opening their campaign against Japan on June 15.

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Boubacar Barry (Lokeren), Sylvain Gbohouo (Sewe Sport), Sayouba Mande (Stabaek)

Defenders: Jean-Daniel Akpa-Akpro (Toulouse), Serge Aurier (Toulouse), Souleyman Bamba (Trabzonspor), Arthur Boka (Stuttgart), Kolo Toure (Liverpool), Didier Zokora (Trabzonspor), Ousman Vieira (Caykur Rizespor)

Midfielders: Mathis Bolly (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Constant Djakpa (Eintracht Frankfurt), Ismael Diomande (Saint-Etienne), Max-Alain Gradel (Saint-Etienne), Cheick Tiote (Newcastle United), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Geoffroy Serey Die (Basel), Didier Ya Konan (Hannover 96)

Forwards: Wilfried Bony (Swansea), Didier Drogba (Galatasaray), Gervinho (Roma), Salomon Kalou (Lille), Giovanni Sio (Basel)

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4563/mai ... ID=HP_BN_2
Certainly no insensitive to play in Ivory Coast
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ivory Coast trim World Cup squad

Post by wale1974 »

okuns wrote:I did not see Eboue on the list...
Aurier is way better than him anyway
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Doumbia retires from the national team because he was dropped

http://www.connectionivoirienne.net/998 ... mensongers
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

King Futcha wrote:Doumbia retires from the national team because he was dropped

http://www.connectionivoirienne.net/998 ... mensongers
Good for him
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote:

Exactly bros. I don't rate that Giovani Sio either. Never seen what he brings to the table.
He showed it today :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

vancity eagle wrote:

:scared: Free VanCity.