World Cup Overrated / Underrated Teams

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
World Cup Overrated / Underrated Teams

Post by joao »

This is quite an interesting perspective on some participating teams that might surprise or fizzle.

Enjoy;

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/lists/b ... n-052814#1
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
aykwes8
Egg
Egg
Re: World Cup Overrated / Underrated Teams

Post by aykwes8 »

england is actually not overrated
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

I agree with the article..

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

aykwes8 wrote:england is actually not overrated
England is overrated, but still can be ignored at a great risk.
The team is loaded with strong and fast players in the midfield and upfront.
The defense is where they will have problems along with the goalie(s).
Any opponent that can keep long possesions will frustrate the midfield and can do well against England.
In short, the team is bullish and we know matadors win most of the time.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Pretty decent analysis!

There are other factors that come into play but it is generally a good take on the 10 teams.

I would add one more to the underrated teams, but .... that would make an uneven number.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Ivory Coast is certainly not overrated. If anything I think they are underrated because of their failings of their previous two World Cups. All the focus as far as "Africa's hopes" is concerned are being pinned on Ghana this time around. I feel that they will sneakily make it into the knockout stages.

Mexico is another team that is not being overrated. Their inclusion smacks of American bias. They struggled mightily during qualification and had to slink through in a playoff draw.

Belgium is a team that certainly has a lot of attention on them. They are in a easy group so I'm not sure how they can conceivably be underrated.

I agree with the Japanese inclusion. They have the talent and European club pedigree to make another run in the tournament. I also agree with the Dutch inclusion. I don't believe this team is as good as the team of the last World Cup cycle.

Chile is another underrated team that has the talent and support to go deep into the knockout rounds. They qualified 2nd in SA and have had a slew of solid results recently. England's inclusion again smacks of American bias. The English who usually blow their trumpets the loudest will even tell you that this is the weakest team they have sent to a WC in a while where talent in concerned. On the other side of the spectrum though, I think this is one of their strongest sides where team play is concerned. They have a certain cohesion now that they've lacked in recent World Cups. England will be a tought out for any team.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.