My WC Predictions

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
My WC Predictions

Post by mate »

Here are my 1st round picks:

Group A
Brazil
Mexico
Croatia
Cameroon

Group B
Spain
Holland
Chile
Australia

Group C
Colombia
Japan
Greece
Côte d'Ivoire

Group D
Italy
Uruguay
England
Costa Rica

Group E
France
Switzerland
Ecuador
Honduras

Group F
Argentina
Nigeria
BiH
Iran

Group G
Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

Group H
Belgium
Russia
Korea Republic
Algeria

A1 : B2 Brazil : Holland
C1 : D2 Colombia : Uruguay
B1 : A2 Spain : Mexico
D1 : C2 Italy : Japan
E1 : F2 France : Nigeria
G1 : H2 Germany : Russia
F1: E2 Argentina : Switzerland
H1 : G2 Belgium : Portugal

Q1 - A1/B2 : C1/D2 Brazil : Uruguay
Q2 - E1/F2 : G1/H2 France : Germany
Q3 - B1/A2 : D1/C2 Spain : Italy
Q4 - F1/E2 : H1/G2 Argentina : Portugal

Q1 : Q2 Brazil : Germany
Q3 : Q4 Spain : Argentina

Final: Brazil v Spain

Bronze: Germany

Champion: Brazil

Golden Boot: Neymar

I might fine tune this before the WC starts.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: My WC Predictions

Post by Heliopolis »

Though I disagree with your footy analysis 95% of the time, I predict the same final 4 as you :lol:

The only potential disruption is if Spain finishes 2nd in Group B and meets Brazil in the round of 16.

For the golden boot, I can see one of the Argentine attackers (Aguero/Higuain/Messi) getting it since Argentina will likely score a lot of goals in this tournament. Neymar is a good bet as well. Another decent bet IMO is Muller if he gets a lot of playing time.

For 'darkhorses', I think one of Portugal/Belgium/France could make the semis by defeating Argentina but I'd still put my money on Argentina against any of them.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

As usual, the bracketing has a lot to do with it. Germany is once again getting very lucky to avoid a big gun until the semifinal. Realistically, their toughest opponent should be Portugal through the quarters. Argentina is similarly place.

Interestingly enough, Brazil and Spain are not catching any breaks. It seems they will have to run a gauntlet.

My dark horse is indeed Argentina. But only on a surge of form, which might happen being in South America. They're the only squad I can see taking it besides Brazil and Spain.

It's going to be fun.

Cheers, Mate
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Cameroon will reach at least the semio finals. :)
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

The Goddess wrote:Cameroon will reach at least the semio finals. :)
Hmmm! You've been saying this for quite some time now. I've rarely seen such belief and confidence. Let's hope you have some small winch, and this comes to pass.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm tempted to change 2 groups. For Group A, Mexico is not as strong as I thought. In their last few matches, they've lost some key players and showed that they don't have striking power. They're fit, but offer little more. The bonus row can't help Cameroon.

I'm too jaded to really believe Croatia is going to change. But if they do, Mexico and Cameroon aren't as tricky as I thought. 2nd place is wide open.

Group G is really the group of death. Wow. 4 teams of decent quality, preparation, strength, & willpower.

Obviously I want the US. I'm thinking that they have a decent shot against Ghana. If they get the win, maybe a result against Portugal is coming?

Cheers, Mate
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Mine:

A1 : B2 Brazil : Chile
C1 : D2 Ivory Coast : Uruguay
B1 : A2 Spain : Croatia
D1 : C2 England : Colombia
H1 : G2 Belgium : Ghana

Q1 - A1/B2 : C1/D2 Chile : Ivory Coast
Q3 - B1/A2 : D1/C2 Spain : England
Q4 - F1/E2 : H1/G2 Argentina : Belgium

Q1 : Q2 Chile : France

Final: France v Argentina

Bronze: Chile

Champion: Argentina

Golden Boot: Higuain

Golden Ball: Messi
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

You guys are over-rating Chile like crazy...
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Nipsy wrote:
Hmmm! You've been saying this for quite some time now. I've rarely seen such belief and confidence. Let's hope you have some small winch, and this comes to pass.
Nipsy, my faith and confidence have been threatened in the pass few days but I still hold on to them. I refuse to let my initial feeling go away.

Mate, Croatia will play spain in round 16. It will be a repetition of Euro 2012. Good luck!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

phantomjournalist wrote:Mine:

A1 : B2 Brazil : Chile
C1 : D2 Ivory Coast : Uruguay
B1 : A2 Spain : Croatia
D1 : C2 England : Colombia
H1 : G2 Belgium : Ghana

Q1 - A1/B2 : C1/D2 Chile : Ivory Coast
Q3 - B1/A2 : D1/C2 Spain : England
Q4 - F1/E2 : H1/G2 Argentina : Belgium

Q1 : Q2 Chile : France

Final: France v Argentina

Bronze: Chile

Champion: Argentina

Golden Boot: Higuain

Golden Ball: Messi

This is a pretty bold call. Chile, France, and Argentina are dark horses for me. Chile hasn't done well in a long time, although they had a decent squad last WC.

I admit France is looking better. They do have some talent. But in South America? A semifinal? It's hard.

Argentina is a great wild card. If Messi fires and the team plays to form in front of South American fans, who knows? My doubts are around their defense and not being in a semifinal since 1990...which is telling for a nation of their pedigree. I'd like to see them do it for Messi, but any of one Brazil, Germany, Spain, and Italy will be a serious roadblock.

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The Goddess wrote:
Nipsy wrote:
Nipsy, my faith and confidence have been threatened in the pass few days but I still hold on to them. I refuse to let my initial feeling go away.

Mate, Croatia will play spain in round 16. It will be a repetition of Euro 2012. Good luck!

Goddess, I've been crushed too many times to get too emotional. It literally has been pain. Now a days, I root for good, fair, and safe football. I obviously cheer for the US, Croatia, and Nigeria. I also have soft spot for BiH, as they're a Balkan nation with Croatians on the team. What irony that they're playing Nigeria and Croatia is playing Cameroon.

I'll root for any emergent team that does it right. It's like that unexpected lover. She simply steals your heart, like a flash storm in a parched desert, quenching this thirst!

And I'm thirsty!

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

The Goddess wrote:
Nipsy wrote:

:woot: Are you saying Brazil will get knocked out in the group stage?
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

The only host in the history of the WC not to make the knockout stage was South Africa. I'm willing to bet my house and my first born that there they will advance.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

We will beat France if we meet them.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

chendosplastic wrote:We will beat France if we meet them.
France team is loaded bro.Argentina look easy to beat than France