Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 8960
Do you guys think Klose will break Ronaldo's record of all-time WC goals? Klose currently sits at 15, one back of Ronaldo's record.

He needs 2 goals which will be tough considering his age and his limited playing time. That being said, I think he has a good shot of breaking the record if he comes on as a sub a few times and/or starts a couple of matches (i.e. vs the US if Germany has already qualified, the 3rd/4th place match). If he's ever on the pitch when Germany is awarded a PK, we can expect him to go to the spot.

I personally hope Ronaldo hangs onto the record though...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 2563
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 10976
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.


and unfortunately, he will.

_________________
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 22292
Location: Ikeja
Heliopolis wrote:
Do you guys think Klose will break Ronaldo's record of all-time WC goals? Klose currently sits at 15, one back of Ronaldo's record.

He needs 2 goals which will be tough considering his age and his limited playing time. That being said, I think he has a good shot of breaking the record if he comes on as a sub a few times and/or starts a couple of matches (i.e. vs the US if Germany has already qualified, the 3rd/4th place match). If he's ever on the pitch when Germany is awarded a PK, we can expect him to go to the spot.

I personally hope Ronaldo hangs onto the record though...


Roger Milla

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 36222
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 2563
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 36222
kalani JR wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.

Haba !:scared: :scared: :scared:

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37114
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.



What other legitimate number 9's do the the Germans have? Keep Joachim Low's playing style in mind too.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
Posts: 9532
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.



What other legitimate number 9's do the the Germans have? Keep Joachim Low's playing style in mind too.


No excuse for Klose to be on that squad Ahead of Stefan Keisling or Max Kruse.

_________________
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa
Who will be next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37114
bushboy wrote:
platinum wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.



What other legitimate number 9's do the the Germans have? Keep Joachim Low's playing style in mind too.


No excuse for Klose to be on that squad Ahead of Stefan Keisling or Max Kruse.


Kiiesling and Loew don't get along at all and Kruse was a team member, not sure what happened there, i think he might have had discipline issues. There's also Volland was in their provisional squad.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm
Posts: 9074
Klose is been superb for Germany and he is in the squad on merit

_________________
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37114
kofi86 wrote:
Klose is been superb for Germany and he is in the squad on merit


Exactly.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 22292
Location: Ikeja
kalani JR wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.

:dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :dream: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 2563
Both Ronaldo and Klose scored their 15th World Cup goals against Ghana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:38 am
Posts: 8882
Location: iteakwa aka Port Harcourt
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.

Haba !:scared: :scared: :scared:

He is capable. I look forward to his breaking the Ronaldo's record.

_________________
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm
Posts: 31928
Location: Rehab!
kalani JR wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.
And I wish whatever you wish on him, on YOU! What nonsense is this? :roll:

_________________
Image
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote:
My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 2563
100%Naija wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.

That is what i thought and it would be a shame if that record is held by an 'ori mi da' limited player. The last two WC's i have been praying for this tragedy not to befall the game, i went into depression when i saw his name on the German list.


I'll be even more honest and say I wished injury on him.
And I wish whatever you wish on him, on YOU! What nonsense is this? :roll:


Thanks! :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 48144
Asamoah Gyan now joint African leading scorer at the WC with Roger Milla

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 10976
FRANK WHITE wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.


and unfortunately, he will.


1 more to go. And it will come- unfortunately.

_________________
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 2563
FRANK WHITE wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.


and unfortunately, he will.


1 more to go. And it will come- unfortunately.


Nah I hope he does it now, he deserves it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:59 am
Posts: 14664
Location: Texas
anointed wrote:
Asamoah Gyan now joint African leading scorer at the WC with Roger Milla

Eto'o is gonna join them with a brace tomorrow.

_________________
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 10976
kalani JR wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
FRANK WHITE wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Klose is only on the squad to break the record.


and unfortunately, he will.


1 more to go. And it will come- unfortunately.


Nah I hope he does it now, he deserves it.


No need to hope- he will do it. I dont dislike him, but I just wanted Ronaldo to keep that record for longer. However, I cannot deny that Klose has been such a great striker for Germany though.

_________________
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 48144
bamenda boy wrote:
anointed wrote:
Asamoah Gyan now joint African leading scorer at the WC with Roger Milla

Eto'o is gonna join them with a brace tomorrow.


Isn't he injured?

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group