[GRP A] BRAZIL 3 - 1 CROATIA (Marcelo og, Neymar x2, Oscar)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP A] BRAZIL 2 CROATIA 1...Marcelo og, Neymar x2

Post by mate »

Pletikosa used to be good. He was really horrible. He probably was the margin of difference.

But so was the referee. Again, it happens. Always has and always will. But I like to think it could have been a draw if the referee officiated correctly.

I don't actually believe it was a fix. It's the home team and glamor factor. Officials get intimidated and give them some calls, especially against a team perceived to be of lesser prestige.

Again, we have 2 more games. Let's see if we can beat Cameroon and Mexico. We will need 6 points.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Yeah, Brasil will do anything it takes to win this WC. And the refs are willing to help them. Brasil is too good to be diving like $2 hooker all over the place. Olic was clearly brought down in Brasilians box and the ref looked the other way. Croatia didn't lose this game, they just didn't win!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Again, I don't trust these Asian refs at all.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wale1974 wrote:
skillful wrote:Nigeria would beat Brazil for fun
Naija people and mouth sha.

You would think he hasn't seen the Naija team play before now. LOL
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:Pletikosa used to be good. He was really horrible. He probably was the margin of difference.

But so was the referee. Again, it happens. Always has and always will. But I like to think it could have been a draw if the referee officiated correctly.

I don't actually believe it was a fix. It's the home team and glamor factor. Officials get intimidated and give them some calls, especially against a team perceived to be of lesser prestige.

Again, we have 2 more games. Let's see if we can beat Cameroon and Mexico. We will need 6 points.

Cheers, Mate
You will need 6 points to get out of this group. Your keeper is one shameless fellow. I don't think he is off form but I think he should be ashamed of himself for such a horrible display!!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Meanwhile Oga (JJ) doing a fantastic job as a studio analyst for super sports in South Africa. :clap:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Good opener.. Would have be better if not for the somber 2nd half..

hmm!! I dey look that Japanese ref.. too many calls in favor of Brazil.. That was a gift of a PK..

My MoM - Oscar.. Some poor touches but his work rate was tops and he had a hand in all 3 goals.. Sublime finish for the 3rd.. actually thought he missed opportunity for the 3rd goal.. solid instinctive striker..
I sort of feel that if the Croats gave it a bit of a go earlier on, they probably could have gotten a better result.. Julio Cesar and these shots he keeps spilling..
Brazil will need to play far better than this to win the WC.. I can excuse them today as na opener and tension dey..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

They are a lot of 3-1 for brazil in the prediction game :laugh:
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:Pletikosa used to be good. He was really horrible. He probably was the margin of difference.

Cheers, Mate
You will need 6 points to get out of this group. Your keeper is one shameless fellow. I don't think he is off form but I think he should be ashamed of himself for such a horrible display!!!

He is bad, isn't he? I didn't expect this from him. He definitely is a known weakness now...something Cameroon and Mexico will be keen to take advantage of.

We need 2 big games now. If we're a strong European team like we say we are, then this is the time to show it.

To be honest, we otherwise played well. The team was indeed fit, strong, skilled, and tactically sound. A CRITICAL missing ingredient was Mandzukic. He will make a major difference with Modric and Rakitic feeding him.

Cheers, Mate
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:Oscar is a wikid boy. Very bad. :clap:
No mind the yeye pickin.. Bobo fall CFC hand 2nd half of the season.. I found his use today interesting - playing him primarily out wide.. To my surprise, he did beat his man time and again, and put in the early crosses.. Did things today I usually do not see him do at CFc where he hugs ball excessively and sometimes wants to do it all..
This will be fun seeing how Jose could use him and Cesc together
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ojoromatics don begin
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

kolinzo wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Yea the ref didnt help the Croats, their keeper isn't that good but neither are their defenders. Time an time again the brazilians blew past them. I'm away that there is so much talent in that brazilian side but deng every one on one situation ended up in 2 Croats being dribbled that is terrible...

So I'm hoping they come out to play against Cameroon so their defenders can be isolated. Eto and Choupou should have no problems getting past their defenders either.

That said, based on this game, Croatia is pretty good......
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Shady keeper. Has no footwork Lol. Brazil will def take the win though their play was pretty average and prob be under less pressure now.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Cameroon can demystify Brazil if they drop the ball into the Brazilian 18 enough and play "jambody". Ojoro or not, refs usually don't distribute yellows to attacking players.

The match of the group will be Cam Vs Cro if Croatia comes with this patient passing game.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Typical opening game. Tense, hard fought, close....

For those complaining about the PK, I would first find out how FIFA has instructed the refs to call the game at the WC.

I suspect very much that's where its coming from
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

By the way, this game takes a little intimidation out of Brazil. Tier 1 teams like Spain, Germany, Italy, and perhaps Argentina won't be so afraid.

If Brazil winds up playing Holland for the 2nd round...something tells me the Dutch have their number and might shock them out of the WC.

The lack of top offensive class, by Brazilian standards, is going to tell. Defensively they can be broken. It's going to take a united, fighting, and disciplined effort by Brazil to win this WC.

They're still my #1. But they're not as daunting as I had imagined. I might be wrong, but I don't think this is one of those slow start issues where a team suddenly bursts into glory.

Cheers, Mate
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cameroon need to win tomorrow and play it safe against Croatia.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I fear for African teams o. If we match them on the field, the ref will just keep them the required oomph to Nick the game.
-Simpli fy -
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote:By the way, this game takes a little intimidation out of Brazil. Tier 1 teams like Spain, Germany, Italy, and perhaps Argentina won't be so afraid.

If Brazil winds up playing Holland for the 2nd round...something tells me the Dutch have their number and might shock them out of the WC.

The lack of top offensive class, by Brazilian standards, is going to tell. Defensively they can be broken. It's going to take a united, fighting, and disciplined effort by Brazil to win this WC.

They're still my #1. But they're not as daunting as I had imagined. I might be wrong, but I don't think this is one of those slow start issues where a team suddenly bursts into glory.

Cheers, Mate
I think its a mistake to project as far as u have done here.

WC winning teams are the ones that grow with the tournament...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Cheers, Mate
Mate, This was more than intimidation. It was daylight robbery in full view of the whole world.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote:Typical opening game. Tense, hard fought, close....

For those complaining about the PK, I would first find out how FIFA has instructed the refs to call the game at the WC.

Strictly speaking there was a flash grab. But it was barely enough to be felt, much less impede Fred. Fred clearly dove and actually should have gotten a yellow.

If calls like that were consistently made, then the game would devolve into many penalties. Just consider what happens in the box on corners, which features much more egregious and forceful grabbing, clutching, and pushing.

The referee was utterly wrong. He decisively changed the complexion of the game. Imagine Nigeria in the same situation...in a hard fought 1 - 1 standstill...only to suffer a penalty against a tier 1 home team.

Cheers, Mate
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mate wrote:
txj wrote:Typical opening game. Tense, hard fought, close....

Strictly speaking there was a flash grab. But it was barely enough to be felt, much less impede Fred. Fred clearly dove and actually should have gotten a yellow.

If calls like that were consistently made, then the game would devolve into many penalties. Just consider what happens in the box on corners, which features much more egregious and forceful grabbing, clutching, and pushing.

The referee was utterly wrong. He decisively changed the complexion of the game. Imagine Nigeria in the same situation...in a hard fought 1 - 1 standstill...only to suffer a penalty against a tier 1 home team.

Cheers, Mate

Don't get me wrong, I too think it was a poor call and a soft PK.

But my point is about the context in which calls are being made.

Time will tell if its a product of the way calls are being made in the tournament...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote:
mate wrote:By the way, this game takes a little intimidation out of Brazil. Tier 1 teams like Spain, Germany, Italy, and perhaps Argentina won't be so afraid.

Cheers, Mate
I think its a mistake to project as far as u have done here.

WC winning teams are the ones that grow with the tournament...

I'll take the high ground and give the referee the benefit of the doubt. We've all seen the specter of favoritism. Especially in sports.

Who's more glamorous and intimidating than Brazil at home? They're going to get the calls against the likes of Croatia, Cameroon, and Mexico, if necessary.

Cheers, Mate