[GRP A] BRAZIL 3 - 1 CROATIA (Marcelo og, Neymar x2, Oscar)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
[GRP A] BRAZIL 3 - 1 CROATIA (Marcelo og, Neymar x2, Oscar)

Post by anointed »

Brazil: Cesar - D.Alves, T.Silva, D.Luiz, Marcelo; Paulinho, L.Gustavo; Hulk, Oscar, Neymar; Fred.

Croatia: Pletikosa; Srna, Ćorluka, Lovren, Vrsaljko; Modrić, Rakitić, Perišić, Brozović; Olić, Jelavić
Last edited by anointed on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2014 WC OPENER: BRAZIL v CROATIA....Line ups

Post by maceo4 »

Croatians will be hing for a good result :tic: , lets hope they can do it for mate's sake
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

No Eduardo to play against his native Brazil and suspended Mandzukic
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Very offensive by Croatia. They def are not sitting back. should be an exciting game

:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Very heavy attacking lineup from the Croats. They'd better make sure thhefinish their chances because they playing right into Brazil's hands here.

Could end the way the confed cup final ended.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Brazil did not look impressive against Serbia in a friendly. They might be somewhat edgy since much is expected from them on home soil, not forgeting Croatia has the players that do the damage. Brazil better know this is not likely to be a cake walk.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:Brazil did not look impressive against Serbia in a friendly. They might be somewhat edgy since much is expected from them on home soil, not forgeting Croatia has the players that do the damage. Brazil better know this is not likely to be a cake walk.

The Serbs were very balanced though plus they didnt go all out.

This Brazil's strength isn't necessarily playing with the ball, they're more devastating on the counter. Serbia sat back and contained, Croatia looks willing to open up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Guys I watched on the road to Brasil, the Croats for some reason just do not that good oh, they crawled into Brasi. May be they can raise their game, but I was shocked to see the kind of teams they were losing to on their way to Brasil.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

i'm suprised luiz starts ahead of dante...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

omonija wrote:i'm suprised luiz starts ahead of dante...
Dante ke, the snail....?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
anointed wrote:Brazil did not look impressive against Serbia in a friendly. They might be somewhat edgy since much is expected from them on home soil, not forgeting Croatia has the players that do the damage. Brazil better know this is not likely to be a cake walk.

This Brazil's strength isn't necessarily playing with the ball, they're more devastating on the counter. Serbia sat back and contained, Croatia looks willing to open up.

This...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:Guys I watched on the road to Brasil, the Croats for some reason just do not that good oh, they crawled into Brasi. May be they can raise their game, but I was shocked to see the kind of teams they were losing to on their way to Brasil.

Did you see their friendly v Mali the other day? I just laughed inside myself. They need some fire in their belle bad bad....now I see why Mate tempper im expectation.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

platinum wrote:

O tempo dirá
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If anyone is expecting Brasil to play samba, they will be disappointed, this brasil team js going to play agbero football to get whatever result they want. They have agbero written all over the team.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

May be Dante's peak wasn't explosive enough for Sculari.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

oloye wrote:
Dante ke, the snail....?
you probably have a better eye for CBs, but the dante i watched play for bayern seems to be a safer bet than luiz who usually has one or two errors in games.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

metalalloy wrote:Very offensive by Croatia. They def are not sitting back. should be an exciting game

They need to play like that. Shock and awe if possible cos those fans ain't supporting them ( they were being booed at warm up) and pressure will get worse once the home team start to press. I think we need to do the same with our group games ( I don't mean we should just open at the back cos we are attacking though :D )
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

anointed wrote:
:mrgreen: touche
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Neymar already limping from warm up
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Let's go Brasil!!! :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Croatia has a very suspect defense. The left side in particular. In contrast, on paper we have offensive talent.

Honestly, I don't know how we could play differently. Brazil brought the game to a better Spanish defense last confederations cup. Sheer power and pressure. They can do the same to Croatia. And probably will try in the 1st game...unless Big Phil is more calculating and tentative than I think.

We have no choice but to try to outgun them.

My head says 2 - 0 Brazil win. But my heart says Croatia 1 - 0 upset. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

anointed wrote:
That just looks and sounds wrong :D :taunt:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

uglyoneiamagain wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Very offensive by Croatia. They def are not sitting back. should be an exciting game

They need to play like that. Shock and awe if possible cos those fans ain't supporting them ( they were being booed at warm up) and pressure will get worse once the home team start to press. I think we need to do the same with our group games ( I don't mean we should just open at the back cos we are attacking though :D )

You can afford to do that when you have the likes of Modric and Ratkic on your team