[GRP A] BRAZIL 3 - 1 CROATIA (Marcelo og, Neymar x2, Oscar)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC GRP A] BRAZIL 2 CROATIA 1...Marcelo og, Neymar x2

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mate , you've not even seen holland and you are already projecting ..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

For those talking about new FIFA rules, how come it did not apply when Olic was brought down in the box?
-Simpli fy -
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

All I can say is that little margins do affect games, take heart Croatia
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Bigpokey24 wrote:mate , you've not even seen holland and you are already projecting ..smh

This is true.

I'm going by past results. Holland typically plays Brazil very well, without fear. They seem to have a good squad again.

But you are right, let's see. Brazil might not be the only team to show a duller edge.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:For those talking about new FIFA rules, how come it did not apply when Olic was brought down in the box?
:???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:For those talking about new FIFA rules, how come it did not apply when Olic was brought down in the box?

Good point.

But we all know why.

Let's hope all the African team don't get the same treatment.

If you're an underdog, beware of the refs against Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Argentina.

Like it or not, our teams need a bit extra to compensate when this happens...and eventually join the club.

Cheers, Mate
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Pk certainly was soft but in the context of WC (emphasizes goal scoring), that call will be given >50% of the time. Factor in the home field/crowd and u get the drift. But surely, fifa encourages refs to issue yellows for fouls that normally won't be carded during club matches pretty much because they want the game to flow and they want to see goals in WC matches.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

mate wrote:
txj wrote:

Good point.

But we all know why.

If you're an underdog, beware of the refs against Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Argentina.

Like it or not, our teams need a bit extra to compensate when this happens...and eventually join the club.

Cheers, Mate
Mate, I know you'll recover by tomorrow. But in every sports, there's something called 'home court advantage or ' soft calls' for the home team. This has been going on for decades and it won't change with Croatia. Next game, have a convincing victory and you won't have to go through this again..
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

green4life wrote:Pk certainly was soft but in the context of WC (emphasizes goal scoring), that call will be given >50% of the time. Factor in the home field/crowd and u get the drift. But surely, fifa encourages refs to issue yellows for fouls that normally won't be carded during club matches pretty much because they want the game to flow and they want to see goals in WC matches.

I disagree. See what I said about comparing this contact versus what routinely goes on during corner kicks.

I have this on tape. Be honest about it. I'm honest enough to say Brazil still might have forced a winning goal with out this...but that was no penalty.

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ekorian wrote:
mate wrote:
txj wrote:

Good point.

But we all know why.

Cheers, Mate
Mate, I know you'll recover by tomorrow. But in every sports, there's something called 'home court advantage or ' soft calls' for the home team. This has been going on for decades and it won't change with Croatia. Next game, have a convincing victory and you won't have to go through this again..

My tears are dry. My kids hugged me. I'm back to being mature, calm, & collected.

:D

But you are right. 2 more games to prove ourselves. We still command our destiny.

Croatia played their hearts out. I'm content. We did all we could. I can't ask more as a fan.

Cheers, Mate <--- Rooting for Croatia, USA, & Nigeria Super Eagles
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [GRP A] BRAZIL 3 - 1 CROATIA (Marcelo og, Neymar x2, Osc

Post by anikulapo »

MATE: I just watched the game and your goalie sha :shock: :shock:I just hope they check his bank accounts :ohmy: because two of those goals could have been saved by a youth girls team GK
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

anikulapo wrote:MATE: I just watched the game and your goalie sha :shock: :shock:I just hope they check his bank accounts :ohmy: because two of those goals could have been saved by a youth girls team GK
Nah. He's just bad. Cameroon will be salivating!

:)

I still think we're going to pull this out. We'll see. It's going to be fun.

Cheers, Mate
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

Ekorian wrote: Next game, have a convincing victory and you won't have to go through this again..
Against the indomitable lions..oh hell nah :boo: :boo:
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Ref was not a factor in this game. It was three things, a Croatia team that was too cautious with a Brazil team that was there for the taking if they attacked more, secondly is the horrid goalkeeping, and lastly inexperience - you just don't grab a south American team in your 18 cause they will always dramatize it, its part of their game. Croatia let this one slip I must say.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oscar52 wrote:Ref was not a factor in this game. It was three things, a Croatia team that was too cautious with a Brazil team that was there for the taking if they attacked more, secondly is the horrid goalkeeping, and lastly inexperience - you just don't grab a south American team in your 18 cause they will always dramatize it, its part of their game. Croatia let this one slip I must say.

No, Croatia played it perfectly. When I saw the line-up and after listening to Kovac's words pre-game, I assumed they were going all out attack but they wisely played deep and played the counter game. They had bad breaks, it's football and these things happen.

If they would have played further up and openly as you call for, Brazil would have blown them to smithereens. Brazil struggled to unlock Serbia and really it was the same case today. For Croatia, if they show this kind of heart, they'll be fine. For Brazil, you just have to think they won't play this poorly again but maybe they should start Hernanes or Fernandinho in place of Gustavo or Paulinho, they need to break down teams who defend deep, they struggle against that (*mind you most sides face that struggle, even the mighty Spain)
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

platinum wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Ref was not a factor in this game. It was three things, a Croatia team that was too cautious with a Brazil team that was there for the taking if they attacked more, secondly is the horrid goalkeeping, and lastly inexperience - you just don't grab a south American team in your 18 cause they will always dramatize it, its part of their game. Croatia let this one slip I must say.

No, Croatia played it perfectly. When I saw the line-up and after listening to Kovac's words pre-game, I assumed they were going all out attack but they wisely played deep and played the counter game. They had bad breaks, it's football and these things happen.

If they would have played further up and openly as you call for, Brazil would have blown them to smithereens. Brazil struggled to unlock Serbia and really it was the same case today. For Croatia, if they show this kind of heart, they'll be fine. For Brazil, you just have to think they won't play this poorly again but maybe they should start Hernanes or Fernandinho in place of Gustavo or Paulinho, they need to break down teams who defend deep, they struggle against that (*mind you most sides face that struggle, even the mighty Spain)

I disagree. Watch how Mexico will play them and see the difference.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oscar52 wrote:
platinum wrote:

I disagree. Watch how Mexico will play them and see the difference.

Croatia is not Mexico, they have different strengths and weaknesses.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Croatia played a great game; just got unlucky on all the close calls and they have a keeper with the reflexes of a corpse.

Brazil has issues as well...too many stiffs in the squad. Paulinho, Hulk, Fred and to a lesser extent Gustavo were/are terrible; Alves and Marcello are good going forward but are terrible defenders...Oscar had a great game but against better defenders he will be ineffective on the right. Neymar has to play multiple great games or them to win it and that's nigh impossible in my books.

All in all a good game to start the WC, the ref made some mistakes but that's part of the game.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Good game. Hope the Croats pull thru. I really like them. Oh well , better luck next time. This group is too hard to select. Too many good teams on it. May the best two go onward.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

mate wrote:By the way, this game takes a little intimidation out of Brazil. Tier 1 teams like Spain, Germany, Italy, and perhaps Argentina won't be so afraid.

If Brazil winds up playing Holland for the 2nd round...something tells me the Dutch have their number and might shock them out of the WC.

The lack of top offensive class, by Brazilian standards, is going to tell. Defensively they can be broken. It's going to take a united, fighting, and disciplined effort by Brazil to win this WC.

They're still my #1. But they're not as daunting as I had imagined. I might be wrong, but I don't think this is one of those slow start issues where a team suddenly bursts into glory.

Cheers, Mate
Teams like Brazil grow with tournaments. Who would have thought Nigeria could win the afcon with rag-tag performances in the first 3 games? You might also consider that Sculari is known not for his beautiful football.

That said, your goalkeeeper, Pletikosa, sounds like he's gonna allow plenty goals this WC. So I hereby move a motion that his name be changed to Plentigolaso

The ayes have it :biggrin:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Croatia played great but suffered from 3 things:
-Poor speed on the wings (Olic was a nuisance for Brazil but way too slow to punish them)
-Horrible ref
-Horrible GK

That was the most ludicruous PK call I have seen in a while. I did not even need to see the replay to see that Fred had simply lost his balance.

As for Brazil, they were poor for most of the match and need to address some shortcomings. Neymar was the only spark amongst their three attackers. Fred was a spectator and added nothing. Far too often Dani Alves was caught too far up the pitch giving Olic a lot of space. It'll be interesting to see Brazil go up against a strong defensive team because right now, I do not feel too confident about their attacking prowess.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wale1974 wrote:That goalie from Croatia is a crook, Check his bank account.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

airwolex wrote:Croatia played a great game; just got unlucky on all the close calls and they have a keeper with the reflexes of a corpse.

Brazil has issues as well...too many stiffs in the squad. Paulinho, Hulk, Fred and to a lesser extent Gustavo were/are terrible; Alves and Marcello are good going forward but are terrible defenders...Oscar had a great game but against better defenders he will be ineffective on the right. Neymar has to play multiple great games or them to win it and that's nigh impossible in my books.

All in all a good game to start the WC, the ref made some mistakes but that's part of the game.
Cannot think of a better phrase to describe the zombie like movement of that keeper.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho