[Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: [Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX FT

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Kolinzo,

Here we go again. For some reasons, our people love to just disparage Mex-Mex soccer as If they are some moi-moi team. Watch The Mex outplay Brazil.
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: [Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX 2H

kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:The bad news is that Mexico got 3 points. Very deservedly. They were consummate professionals. Cameroon simply isn't, not much more to say about that.

The good news is that Croatia is capable of winning against Cameroon and Mexico. We have to stay focused, believe in ourselves, and rely on what I think is our superior talent...and pray to God that our awful goalie someway, somehow isn't too exposed.

Cheers, Mate
Unfortunately for Croatia, they can't touch Mexico.

You really think so? Thread Bookmarked!!!
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:From the way Croatia played yesterday, they will make a change because they have to win the game. Mexico is very good against European teams and when the European team is desperate they play into their hands. Unless you change that goalie of yours he will concede at least 2 goals against Mexico.

I disagree that Mexico is not their usual quality. They have quality and they are technically sound. People are only saying they are not their usual self because teams in CONCACAF stepped up against them and figured out how to frustrate them. Watch their games against Non-CONCACAF teams, they've been pretty good.
I totally agree with you on the goalie factor. That alone can deliver Mexico a win against Croatia.

But assume we fix that. Then let's get specific. Do you think Mexico has the quality to control midfield against Modric, Rakitic, & Kovacic? I don't. Are Peralta, Dos Santos, and Chicharitto so fast and good to consistently create chances against a somewhat slow, but packed, tactically disciplined, physically strong, and even skilled defense? I don't believe that.

Lastly, Mexico does not have a solid defense. They actually leave space and time often enough. We're more composed and deliberate offensively this WC. With Mandzukic back in the lineup, I think we'll create and take chances.

I guess we can agree to disagree on Mexican quality. We will see. The game ultimately will say it all.

:)

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:Poor Cameroon everyone is piling it on them, guys save some of the lamentations oh.
But Oga, this is the World Cup. What have they been doing over the last 9 months. It's just not good advert for african football.
At club level you can go to the market and buy players.. At country level you cannot, it does not matter 9months, 9 years or 9weeks, what u have is what u have.
I don't buy that excuse. Watch Honduras, Japan, Australia, Ecuador, Iran put up a better showing. The guys didn't look well prepared.

Abi o. Especially the cricket-playing Aussies. Earls Court is gonna be jumping on match days.
Yea. The same guys that beat Nigeria 1-0 in London a few years ago.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Kolinzo,

Here we go again. For some reasons, our people love to just disparage Mex-Mex soccer as If they are some moi-moi team. Watch The Mex outplay Brazil.

Oh come on. Nobody said any such thing. In fact, read my prediction thread. I picked Mexico to take 2nd before the WC started.

Obviously, given what I'm now seeing in actual WC play, sure, I think Croatia can beat Mexico. But nobody is saying that they're a weak team. Sheesh.

Cheers, Mate
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Lolly,

Kai!! I don forget about that loss until your reminder.
-Simpli fy -
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:Poor Cameroon everyone is piling it on them, guys save some of the lamentations oh.
But Oga, this is the World Cup. What have they been doing over the last 9 months. It's just not good advert for african football.
At club level you can go to the market and buy players.. At country level you cannot, it does not matter 9months, 9 years or 9weeks, what u have is what u have.
I don't buy that excuse. Watch Honduras, Japan, Australia, Ecuador, Iran put up a better showing. The guys didn't look well prepared.
Okay u forgot they had been knocked until cape Verde were disqualified, these are facts u cannot ignore... They simply are not good enough.
Agree, quality was lacking. They just looked like amateurs and didn't even look like they were up for a fight. This thing happens every four years.
When a team starts fighting over money before major competitions, whatever is left of the team spirit is defeated. Can't believe how the once reliable central defence pairing were parting like the red Sea, did they mistook Mexico for Moses?
There issues we cannot ignore while knocking and blaming teams, a team that looked decent in friendlies a couple of weeks ago suddenly look like they would rather prefer to be somewhere else. The Cameroon team is sick, and part of the problem is that loud mouth and uncouth prima Donna, that leads them into battle and an fa that should have tasted the famed wrath of Biya for the ridicule and embarrassment they always bring the nation. We have suddenly forgotten that Cameroon is the poorest of all the African teams who made it to Brasil.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Mate,

You are one of our people, but I actually meant "awa pipul." Mexico don't get the respect they deserve on CE.
-Simpli fy -
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Okay u forgot they had been knocked until cape Verde were disqualified, these are facts u cannot ignore... They simply are not good enough.
Agree, quality was lacking. They just looked like amateurs and didn't even look like they were up for a fight. This thing happens every four years.
When a team starts fighting over money before major competitions, whatever is left of the team spirit is defeated. Can't believe how the once reliable central defence pairing were parting like the red Sea, did they mistook Mexico for Moses?
There issues we cannot ignore while knocking and blaming teams, a team that looked decent in friendlies a couple of weeks ago suddenly look like they would rather prefer to be somewhere else. The Cameroon team is sick, and part of the problem is that loud mouth and uncouth prima Donna, that leads them into battle and an fa that should have tasted the famed wrath of Biya for the ridicule and embarrassment they always bring the nation. We have suddenly forgotten that Cameroon is the poorest of all the African teams who made it to Brasil.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You don vex. It's very painful.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Mate,

You are one of our people, but I actually meant "awa pipul." Mexico don't get the respect they deserve on CE.

I respect Mexico. And even fear them a bit. For that matter, I fear Cameroon.

:blink:

Croatia will need to put it all together to take 6 points. It's not going to be easy. But I have to believe.

I'm no Jurgen!

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Problem with African football is that too many of our youngsters make the move to outside of the continent way too early and end up maturing into soft-footballers raised on non-African diets. No plantain, yam/pounded yam, cassava. etc. The even dress soft sef...
-Simpli fy -
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Problem with African football is that too many of our youngsters make the move to outside of the continent way too early and end up maturing into soft-footballers raised on non-African diets. No plantain, yam/pounded yam, cassava. etc. The even dress soft sef...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
But you are right. Looking at African teams in the '80s they put out great performances compare to what we are not seeing (just look at Cameroon? :roll: ). SMHBT!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Lolly wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You don vex. It's very painful.
Vex ke, no ooh, the only vexation I have is reserved for my team if they serve this kind of football against Iran and Bosnia. Seriously I watch football for fun these days I have no emotional attachment anymore. They were defeated the minute they started fighting over money again. They were defeated the way they allow Etooo to poo all over their head.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:From the way Croatia played yesterday, they will make a change because they have to win the game. Mexico is very good against European teams and when the European team is desperate they play into their hands. Unless you change that goalie of yours he will concede at least 2 goals against Mexico.

I disagree that Mexico is not their usual quality. They have quality and they are technically sound. People are only saying they are not their usual self because teams in CONCACAF stepped up against them and figured out how to frustrate them. Watch their games against Non-CONCACAF teams, they've been pretty good.
I totally agree with you on the goalie factor. That alone can deliver Mexico a win against Croatia.

But assume we fix that. Then let's get specific. Do you think Mexico has the quality to control midfield against Modric, Rakitic, & Kovacic? I don't. Are Peralta, Dos Santos, and Chicharitto so fast and good to consistently create chances against a somewhat slow, but packed, tactically disciplined, physically strong, and even skilled defense? I don't believe that.

Lastly, Mexico does not have a solid defense. They actually leave space and time often enough. We're more composed and deliberate offensively this WC. With Mandzukic back in the lineup, I think we'll create and take chances.

I guess we can agree to disagree on Mexican quality. We will see. The game ultimately will say it all.

:)

Cheers, Mate
Watch Layun on the flanks. Watch out for Aquino. Watch out for Fabian (when he gets called upon). So depending on the formation, if 3 of these guys start alongside Dos Santos and Peralta(or Chicharito), they have speed to kill.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Problem with African football is that too many of our youngsters make the move to outside of the continent way too early and end up maturing into soft-footballers raised on non-African diets. No plantain, yam/pounded yam, cassava. etc. The even dress soft sef...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
But you are right. Looking at African teams in the '80s they put out great performances compare to what we are not seeing (just look at Cameroon? :roll: ). SMHBT!
You know the deal here as well as anybody.

Once upon a time, a team could be a newcomer to the WC and spring surprises, even against top teams. In this day and age, the tier 1 teams have the data, analysis, and direct experience to fully prepare against all opposition, mitigating surprises. Not least as a function of globalized leagues. Football has evolved in this context.

Hence, any deficiency in organization, training, and tactics is a huge negative. It became apparent fairly quickly that Cameroon was handicapped here. More often than not, this handicap is too much to consistently overcome.

It's not about self belief, confidence, and game day willpower. It's systematic and structural development, training, and organization. You and I see this with the US.

A lot of teams and FAs should take note.

Cheers, Mate
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

First games are always a cagey affair...

It is not a true indication of how strong or weak a team is...

They might have to consider playing Etoo as a midfielder. Watched it with some neutrals and they were wondering what happened to the Indomitable Lions of yore...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

What ended 1-0 should have been 3-0. Mexico will be p*ssed if Croatia advance with a superior goal difference. I said prior to the tourny I would be surprised if Cameroon got one point. I am now revising that and I am now saying I will be surprised if Cameroon score a goal (although the Croatia GK naaaa basketcase).
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Guv007 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Most African FA's are just lazy and don't seem to grasp a problem that had been starring them in the face for years. If you don't develop your players at home to compliment those in foreign and then think a foreign coach will perform miracles come the WC, it would be the same story over and over again.

Kpom... If we have a better organised league closer to eu standard then we will produce better players.. Gone are the days where players leave npl straight to Spain, Germany and English leagues top tier teams but now they go to Denmark and Norwegian leagues.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Ambazonia
Egg
Egg

Post by Ambazonia »

No one can look at Cameroon and say they do not eat plantain and pounded yam three times a day.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:Image
OGA pass OGA!
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

Riche007 wrote:i cannot believe I cancelled all my meetings this morning for this crap.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: