[Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX 2H

Post by metalalloy »

The Goal keeper tried sha. Unfortunate he has to play behind that CB combo.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The bad news is that Mexico got 3 points. Very deservedly. They were consummate professionals. Cameroon simply isn't, not much more to say about that.

The good news is that Croatia is capable of winning against Cameroon and Mexico. We have to stay focused, believe in ourselves, and rely on what I think is our superior talent...and pray to God that our awful goalie someway, somehow isn't too exposed.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Tactics were awful yes but the cameroonian team didnt have the quality to respond once they went behind
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

metalalloy wrote:The Goal keeper tried sha. Unfortunate he has to play behind that CB combo.
Yes credit to Itandje he played superb and calm.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Mexico's first win against an African team at the World Cup :roll:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Orion wrote:Cameroon had nothing to offer and did not deserve even a draw. I think they'll lose all 3 games.
I think so too. Infact after seeing Croatia and Brazil and the fact that they potentially attack from the left wing, I'm really afraid for Cameroon with that useless fullback.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:Poor Cameroon everyone is piling it on them, guys save some of the lamentations oh.
But Oga, this is the World Cup. What have they been doing over the last 9 months. It's just not good advert for african football.
At club level you can go to the market and buy players.. At country level you cannot, it does not matter 9months, 9 years or 9weeks, what u have is what u have.
I don't buy that excuse. Watch Honduras, Japan, Australia, Ecuador, Iran put up a better showing. The guys didn't look well prepared.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Cameroon should go home now. Best in the World - CLEARLY NOT. They need to dress and make better person siddon.

x
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

ElHadary wrote:
Lolly wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
Lolly wrote:African teams have a long way to go. This is not good.
Aaarrrggghhhh!!! .....never mind!!!
All African teams are the same don't you know?
Our record in previous world cups? South Africa 2010? Does that make any sense?
Yes well I guess Ghana isn't part of Africa.

Every team in Africa is different, unique. We're a diverse continent with many countries, even moreso than Europe but how you guys talk in here you'd think we were all uniform the same and can be painted with the same over arching brush you so hate when others do it.
Same can be painted with the same arching brush. African teams keep falling Wc after WC yet we keep sending the same teams and they keep performing below par. Of what use are the pros from Europe representing Cameroun when they can't take out Mexico from the gat. And Ghana? That's about the only saving grace for Africa. Even they will tell you they have been lucky not to face better teams! When analyst all around the world wrote out most AFrican teams they weren't out of their minds, they knew what they were talking about. It's Africans who are delusional about this.

With that said, Algeria and Nigeria should get out of the group stage, but don't hold your breath as Ghana might be the saving grace again.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

cameroon had no plan b.... or a plan a for that matter
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:The Goal keeper tried sha. Unfortunate he has to play behind that CB combo.

Remember what I said about Cameroon's lack of speed? Their coach no get the ball$ to remove eto'o and play the guys who actually give them a chance and who are semi-fast.

Volker Finke should be fired instantly. Playing so far back when you have an inability to close crosses, when you have no speed upfront.

They had some chances and he'll point to that but mexico played like they're a 2014 side and Cameroon looked like they walked in from 1974.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:Poor Cameroon everyone is piling it on them, guys save some of the lamentations oh.
But Oga, this is the World Cup. What have they been doing over the last 9 months. It's just not good advert for african football.
At club level you can go to the market and buy players.. At country level you cannot, it does not matter 9months, 9 years or 9weeks, what u have is what u have.
I don't buy that excuse. Watch Honduras, Japan, Australia, Ecuador, Iran put up a better showing. The guys didn't look well prepared.
Okay u forgot they had been knocked until cape Verde were disqualified, these are facts u cannot ignore... They simply are not good enough.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:The bad news is that Mexico got 3 points. Very deservedly. They were consummate professionals. Cameroon simply isn't, not much more to say about that.

The good news is that Croatia is capable of winning against Cameroon and Mexico. We have to stay focused, believe in ourselves, and rely on what I think is our superior talent...and pray to God that our awful goalie someway, somehow isn't too exposed.

Cheers, Mate
Unfortunately for Croatia, they can't touch Mexico.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Clowns :mrgreen: and 'football-know-nothings' :lol: :lol: :lol: ..................I thought you people were praising Cameroun, after their 'training session' against Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Okay u forgot they had been knocked until cape Verde were disqualified, these are facts u cannot ignore... They simply are not good enough.
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:The bad news is that Mexico got 3 points. Very deservedly. They were consummate professionals. Cameroon simply isn't, not much more to say about that.

Cheers, Mate

In this reality, yes they can. In fact, we're capable of not only touching, but really handling them.

Our team is fit and prepared. They have a midfield much superior to Mexico. We also will have Manzukic partnering with Olic up front. It's not an insignificant difference.

And, although our defense lacks a bit of pace, they're disciplined, composed, and skilled enough. Plus the midfield tracks back to jam space. Our HUGE vulnerability is our goalie.

Otherwise, we have virtually every advantage over Mexico. Forwards. Midfield. Defense. I'll give them goalie, which, of course, can be crucial.

Stop being such a CONCACAF homer. The USA is a complete team. Mexico is solid, but not of their usual quality.

Again, we can take them.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Grp A] CMR 0 - 1 MEX FT

Post by smartbrother »

croatia have a good team. I can easily see them going on another euro 1996 style run at this wc
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Most African FA's are just lazy and don't seem to grasp a problem that had been starring them in the face for years. If you don't develop your players at home to compliment those in foreign and then think a foreign coach will perform miracles come the WC, it would be the same story over and over again.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Cheers, Mate

In this reality, yes they can. In fact, we're capable of not only touching, but really handling them.

Our team is fit and prepared. They have a midfield much superior to Mexico. We also will have Manzukic partnering with Olic up front. It's not an insignificant difference.

And, although our defense lacks a bit of pace, they're disciplined, composed, and skilled enough. Plus the midfield tracks back to jam space. Our HUGE vulnerability is our goalie.

Otherwise, we have virtually every advantage over Mexico. Forwards. Midfield. Defense. I'll give them goalie, which, of course, can be crucial.

Stop being such a CONCACAF homer. The USA is a complete team. Mexico is solid, but not of their usual quality.

Again, we can take them.

Cheers, Mate
From the way Croatia played yesterday, they will make a change because they have to win the game. Mexico is very good against European teams and when the European team is desperate they play into their hands. Unless you change that goalie of yours he will concede at least 2 goals against Mexico.

I disagree that Mexico is not their usual quality. They have quality and they are technically sound. People are only saying they are not their usual self because teams in CONCACAF stepped up against them and figured out how to frustrate them. Watch their games against Non-CONCACAF teams, they've been pretty good.

***Breda = Br****
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Agree, quality was lacking. They just looked like amateurs and didn't even look like they were up for a fight. This thing happens every four years.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

There must be a law against substituting Samuel ETO or maybe zero/worse replacement. He was -1 tonight. They could have at least salvage a draw. They gave the Mex-Mex way too much respect.
-Simpli fy -
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Searching for Alex Song is a Goat thread by J.K Waffling. #oneseasonwonder. Midfield equivalent of Ipswich's Marcus Stewart.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Lolly wrote:
oloye wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Abi o. Especially the cricket-playing Aussies. Earls Court is gonna be jumping on match days.
-Simpli fy -
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Lol so true I reckon Nigeria has an even weaker bench than Cameron