Spain 1 - 5 Holland: 2H Alonso (p); RVPx2, Robbenx2, De Vrij

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain 1 - 5 Holland: 2H Alonso (p); RVPx2, Robbenx2, De

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:This world cup's theme is.....SPEED. If you don't have it, your goose is cooked.

FT 5-1
Psst, how many times have I told you this .... ahem Kajifu chime in oh :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You told me this? Stop it abeg.

The only thing you kept shouting about was wingers, winger, wingers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

E go kill you to give me credit :mrgreen:

Why talk about width and not speed :mrgreen:

Haba no let me call Kajifu :mrgreen:
Brother I'll give you credit if you deserve it, I no dey shirk from that but the argument you made was totally different from this and it's sort of exposing a lack of awareness about the difference between wing play a speed. How do you think the dutch did this? how do you think they tore teams up in euro 2008?
You argued that arsenal needs wingers and couldn't attack minus them...and i said clearly to you, there are multiple ways to skin a cat. Speed is never something i have said that club doesnt need.

Get the differences right before u begin dey sound like who no know the game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

1. Complete and utter humiliation for Spain.

2. The hungrier team won. The Spaniards were just strolling around the pitch as if it was their birthright for Holland to just lie down and let them win.

3. They shot themselves in the foot by arrogantly nicking Diego Costa from Brazil and taking him to a World Cup that is hosted by Brazil: this means that the fans will make every match hell for them

4. For those inevitably chanting the latest fashionable slogan "Tiki-taka is dead," there was no tiki-taka on display. What I saw were long balls to Diego Costa and a bunch of pompous players strolling around as if they own the place.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kalamashaka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:This world cup's theme is.....SPEED. If you don't have it, your goose is cooked.

FT 5-1
Psst, how many times have I told you this .... ahem Kajifu chime in oh :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If you have to wait for kajifu to come back you up then you're not saying anything worth listening to :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

FT 5-1

Brother I'll give you credit if you deserve it, I no dey shirk from that but the argument you made was totally different from this and it's sort of exposing a lack of awareness about the difference between wing play a speed. How do you think the dutch did this? how do you think they tore teams up in euro 2008?
You argued that arsenal needs wingers and couldn't attack minus them...and i said clearly to you, there are multiple ways to skin a cat. Speed is never something i have said that club doesnt need.

Yekparikpa! !!!!! PLATINUM OH!!!!

JESU YOU ARE COLDER THAN A SERIAL KILLER :mrgreen:

This guy sef .... I don give up on you :rotf: Nothing more to say :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Even olele Kingson never conceded 5!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

FT 5-1

Give up on me please. You dey argue about wingers like that's the only way to play. Tell us, how did the Dutch use their winger today???!

There are VERY many ways to play this sport, you maximize what you have, your insistence on wingers is close minded. You kept on going on about bayern munich and how the france side you watched in 86 showed u the power of wingers. Tell us, how did robben play today! I doubt you know.
Last edited by platinum on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Del Bosque is loyal to a fault, it's a strength of his but he needs to bench Casillas for De Gea or likely Reina.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Vincent. wrote:1. Complete and utter humiliation for Spain.

2. The hungrier team won. The Spaniards were just strolling around the pitch as if it was their birthright for Holland to just lie down and let them win.

3. They shot themselves in the foot by arrogantly nicking Diego Costa from Brazil and taking him to a World Cup that is hosted by Brazil: this means that the fans will make every match hell for them

4. For those inevitably chanting the latest fashionable slogan "Tiki-taka is dead," there was no tiki-taka on display. What I saw were long balls to Diego Costa and a bunch of pompous players strolling around as if they own the place.
You didn't watch this match if you think Spain was just strolling.

You didn't watch this match if you think tiki taka was not on display.

Truth, Holland shut them down. It wasn't due to any arrogance from Spain. It is not arrogance when you are beaten 5-1. It is called a beatdown!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

ma Spain got raped,kai!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

FT 5-1

Give up on me please. You dey argue about wingers like that's the only way to play. Tell us, how did the Dutch use their winger today???!

There are VERY many ways to play this sport, you maximize what you have, your insistence on wingers is close minded. You kept on going on about bayern munich and how the france side you watched in 86 showed u the power of wingers. Tell us, how did robben play today! I doubt you know.
I'd like to hear the answer to this question.. :sneaky:

:taunt: :taunt:
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

5-3-2 was louis van gaals answer to tika taka. He basically ensured no road into the dutch box, enough midfield players to fight for the ball and two fast lethal strikers ready to counter and score. Spains slow backline was found out at confed cup. This was confirmation.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Last edited by Cito on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

JMObi wrote:5-3-2 was louis van gaals answer to tika taka. He basically ensured no road into the dutch box, enough midfield players to fight for the ball and two fast lethal strikers ready to counter and score. Spains slow backline was found out at confed cup. This was confirmation.
Bruv, It's not about his answer to tiki-taka. It's about a manager who looks at the talent he has available and sees what works best. He'd tried different formations and with the injuries and looking at his unit, he decided the best way to go was to play 3CB's to protect his defense. That's the story, he didn't try to put square pegs in round holes, he tweaked his formation to bring out the best in what he had available. Total football.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

JMObi wrote:5-3-2 was louis van gaals answer to tika taka. He basically ensured no road into the dutch box, enough midfield players to fight for the ball and two fast lethal strikers ready to counter and score. Spains slow backline was found out at confed cup. This was confirmation.
Slow your roll. .. Change was due to Kevin Strootman injury.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

zee wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Na wa, just saw highlights, seems Spain never learned from Zubizaretta that you can't start washed up goalies whether they are your captain or not...
You keep on exposing your lack of football..........................'know-nothingness' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't you have some pics to post somewhere....anywhere? :dream: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

FT 5-1

Brah, are we going through this same debate again :scared: :scared: :scared:

How many times have i said SPEED ON THE FLANKS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Who wants slow or average on the flanks :shock: :shock: Haba I have been shouting for DiMaria forever :shock: :shock:

You are being so dishonest that this is laughable :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But then again, you said you would rather have OKPOLO EYES than GARETH BALE ... NOUGH SAID :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abeg I dey go tap soccer, I no get time for you today ....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Robin Van Persie, a Manchester United player :D :D :D

Louis Van Gaal, a Manchester United manager :D :D :D
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain 1 - 2 Holland: 2H Alonso (pen), RVP, Robben

Post by Lager-back »

paj wrote:Casillas hasnt made a single save..everything that's gone towards him has either gone in or hit the bar...some crackhead in that middle is not spotting Azpi's runs on the right....Costa better not play like this for us o! :twisted:
joker u still want costa ? he is hyped up
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

PLATINUM ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION AGAIN :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235408&start=3404

There is more if you want :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I fear Spain may end up suffering the same fate as France in 2002. It's not so much that the beatdown today was terrible as the fact that there is nothing positive Spain can take away from this match. Going into this tournament some of us felt their attack was impotent and today proved no exception. They created nothing going forward. Their defence was shaky from the opening whistle. With the players Spain have, Del Bosque will not be able to change too much in hopes of injecting an offensive spark into the team.

Going into the Chile match, some changes are obvious such as replacing Casillas. However he cannot bench either Busquets or Xabi without compromising his defence (as we saw today in the 2nd half). Iniesta is untouchable. Costa was a spectator but he's the only striker that is capable of starting for this edition of Spain. My guess is Del Bosque will think long and hard about what to do with Xavi and/or Silva. Heck, he may opt to revert to a familiar route by dropping Costa for Fabregas and hoping long spells of Spanish possession will lead to more scoring opportunities. However Chile will not mind surrendering possession and using its speed to challenge Spain on the counter. Kai, I do not envy Del Bosque. It's sad to consider his legendary coaching career may come to an end next week :shock:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:

Who wants slow or average on the flanks :shock: :shock: Haba I have been shouting for DiMaria forever :shock: :shock:

But then again, you said you would rather have OKPOLO EYES than GARETH BALE ... NOUGH SAID :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm dishonest? You're being dull unfortunately. Tell us, was it speed on the flanks that killed the Spaniards today?! You've just watched a game yet don't seem to realize what happened in front of you.

You've been shouting Di Maria, yes...but his effectiveness lately isn't down the wings, you just don't seem to grasp that fact.

I guess in your world, gareth bale passes the ball to himself...there isn't someone to release the killer passes to him right?

Study the game and stop being such a loud yapper when you obviously have little grasp of the concepts.

ONCE AGAIN, get it through your head, speed on the flanks can come from wingbacks. It's not rocket science, you're simply too stubborn to see things clearly, it's silly to be this dense.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I'm dishonest? You're being dull unfortunately. Tell us, was it speed on the flanks that killed the Spaniards today?! You've just watched a game yet don't seem to realize what happened in front of you.

You've been shouting Di Maria, yes...but his effectiveness lately isn't down the wings, you just don't seem to grasp that fact.

I guess in your world, gareth bale passes the ball to himself...there isn't someone to release the killer passes to him right?

Study the game and stop being such a loud yapper when you obviously have little grasp of the concepts.

ONCE AGAIN, get it through your head, speed on the flanks can come from wingbacks. It's not rocket science, you're simply too stubborn to see things clearly, it's silly to be this dense.

Wait oh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where is Di Maria most effective? In your bedroom :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bruh you are struggling again :laugh:

Was it Ozil that was passing to Bale? Why do we need him when we have a multitude of AM's?

Cheiii Give it up my good man ... You are clearly struggling.... Ok I don promise I don leave you to go tap soccer :D

MLK.