[WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-3 CRC...Cavani; Campbell, Duarte, Urena

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-3 CRC...Cavani; Campbell, Duarte, U

Post by 100%Naija »

patrick wrote:Bigpokey,

Remember how u used to downgrade Greek League? Come to think of it, Campbell is not even better Olaitan.
What y'all trying to say? I'm 100 times better than Shola and Babatunde yet i dey my living room dey watch game for tv and those 2 akpa garri dey Brazil dey yansh okpeke's like Bigpokey dey hammer turkey meat for Naija festivals in huestin :curse:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

truetalk wrote:If I told y'all that Micheal Olaitan is a much better player than Campbell, would you believe it? Everyone who has followed Olympiacos closely thiw season knows. Olaitan scored 11 goals and has 8 assists in just under 25 games. Campbell has 11 goals and 11 assists in over 40 appearances.

Anyone who has watched Olaitan extensively knows that he is the best Nigerian player in Europe today. Injury apart, that he was not on the SE radar is beyond inexcusable.

We're all supporting the team and hoping for the best,but some things make you go 'Hmmmm!!! '
Dude the guy lost consciousness on the pitch and you are under handedly Keshi bashing. How low do we sink on this site.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-2 COSTA RICA...Cavani; Campbell, Du

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:This Costa Rican team can beat England if they play like this, meanwhile I still cannot believe Arsenal have a player like Campbell and that cheap manager is playing Sanogo.
Dont worry, John Terry, Kompany and Smalling them will be the ones replacing Pereira's level of frustration next season after Campbell show them pepper. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Cito on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All night long I wanted to say tnat these Uruguayans look like mafia hatchet man, but I decided to keep my mouth shut, well there you go, see as that man nearly took the leg of that black diamond of a player. Even as tough as I was in my time, I do not approve of such hatchet job, it is like a butcher trying to hack at a stubborn bone. Uruguay have two mean men in that middle they call them midfielders but every time I see their face, the image of drug cartel enforcers crops up.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kawawa wrote:
truetalk wrote:If I told y'all that Micheal Olaitan is a much better player than Campbell, would you believe it? Everyone who has followed Olympiacos closely thiw season knows. Olaitan scored 11 goals and has 8 assists in just under 25 games. Campbell has 11 goals and 11 assists in over 40 appearances.

Anyone who has watched Olaitan extensively knows that he is the best Nigerian player in Europe today. Injury apart, that he was not on the SE radar is beyond inexcusable.

We're all supporting the team and hoping for the best,but some things make you go 'Hmmmm!!! '
Dude the guy lost consciousness on the pitch and you are under handedly Keshi bashing. How low do we sink on this site.
You people should relax. Did you miss this part of his statement?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

oloye wrote:All night long I wanted to say tnat these Uruguayans look like mafia hatchet man, but I decided to keep my mouth shut, well there you go, see as that man nearly took the leg of that black diamond of a player. Even as tough as I was in my time, I do not approve of such hatchet job, it is like a butcher trying to hack at a stubborn bone. Uruguay have two mean men in that middle they call them midfielders but every time I see their face, the image of drug cartel enforcers crops up.
Lies :taunt: :taunt:
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kalamashaka wrote:
oloye wrote:This Costa Rican team can beat England if they play like this, meanwhile I still cannot believe Arsenal have a player like Campbell and that cheap manager is playing Sanogo.
Hasn't someone explained this on this thread already...or are you guys just looking for a reason to whine and bash Wenger?
please nor vex, explain to me I dont read very well when am watching football, I get all tensed up.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Disgraceful performance by Uruguay. They did not show up to play and Costa Rica ran riot in the 2nd half. They are going home early.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
Hasn't someone explained this on this thread already...or are you guys just looking for a reason to whine and bash Wenger?
please nor vex, explain to me I dont read very well when am watching football, I get all tensed up.
I think someone mentioned work permit issues. His work permit issues have been sorted out now.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

100%Naija wrote:
oloye wrote:All night long I wanted to say tnat these Uruguayans look like mafia hatchet man, but I decided to keep my mouth shut, well there you go, see as that man nearly took the leg of that black diamond of a player. Even as tough as I was in my time, I do not approve of such hatchet job, it is like a butcher trying to hack at a stubborn bone. Uruguay have two mean men in that middle they call them midfielders but every time I see their face, the image of drug cartel enforcers crops up.
I am serious oh...hard tackle is different from trying to end someone's career. A bone rattling tackle is not the same as taking person leg like that...that guy give honorable profession of hard tacklers a bad name.

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

kawawa wrote:

Don't mind them, they think they are saying something important by always bringing Nigeria into every discussion, and always negativity at that...all this before the ball is kicked
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
anointed wrote:How many goals did the much vaunted Greece concede in the WCQ? May be a measly 4. Not sure but they ended up conceding 3 in just a WC game.

Uruguay are South Americans champions but they have been humbled by a CONCACAF side expected to just make up the numbers at the World Cup.

Continental prowess may not mean that much at the World Cup. Anyone who thinks our afcon title will buy us lunch in Brazil better not watch our games with his emotions. I pray and hope my expectations of the Super Eagles are wrong but for me watching Eagles live will be like watching Wigan and Birmingham.

So the injury / heart problem had nothing to do with it or do u just love to yap for yapping sake?

Some people just spew rubbish like a sewer. :D

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Yeah after watching such an interesting match, what i need to do next is see the boring #$% USMNT training...ta...make i go mow lawn before the next game begins...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

metalalloy wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
I think someone mentioned work permit issues. His work permit issues have been sorted out now.
Hmmm...okay oh. I look forward to seeing him at the Emirate, that boy is a handful.

Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai...Wenger don get market for Campbell! He will start calling his customers in Manchester to fix price...
STOLEN!
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Thought Uruguay will win with experience and 'cheating', and the 1st half was playing out that way. I however, know Costa Rica was not going to roll over, as they went toe to toe with USA (and over Mexico) in Concacaf. Anyone who saw them in Italia 90 will know they come to a World Cup prepared (they qualified ahead of Sweden and just behind Brazil in the group).

Also , in Italia 90, Costa Rica came with the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in Luis Conejo. I saw this guy deny Careca and the Brazilians over and over again. It was like their game plan was 'Conejo will make saves and maybe we can sneak a goal on the break'. And it worked as they made the 2nd round.

Good to see they have continued in the line of great goalkeepers, as the current guy was in beast mode sometimes tonight.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

100%Naija wrote:Yeah after watching such an interesting match, what i need to do next is see the boring #$% USMNT training...ta...make i go mow lawn before the next game begins...

Actually enjoy the documentary series
Wish there was one for every team in WC
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote:Yeah after watching such an interesting match, what i need to do next is see the boring #$% USMNT training...ta...make i go mow lawn before the next game begins...
:lol: :lol: make i run go store before the next match. Klnsman dey here dey shout in german pidgin mshcewww

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

100%Naija wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

oloye wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
oloye wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
Hmmm...okay oh. I look forward to seeing him at the Emirate, that boy is a handful.
Terry will not agree with you on that. :woot:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

akamoke wrote:
kawawa wrote:

Don't mind them, they think they are saying something important by always bringing Nigeria into every discussion, and always negativity at that...all this before the ball is kicked
He was not invited before the Man Utd game, and had been in excellent form all season. He was not on the radar. Some of us were screaming it on the forum and bringing up stats to support the claim and we were called agent.

Let's all get behind the team now (and I am doing that better than most), but it does not mean all was done properly.
Last edited by truetalk on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Campbell deserves props - kid ain't ready to be scared. Can play wide & lead the line in a way Podolski can't. Immo keep an eye on him.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

green4life wrote:
anointed wrote:How many goals did the much vaunted Greece concede in the WCQ? May be a measly 4. Not sure but they ended up conceding 3 in just a WC game.

Uruguay are South Americans champions but they have been humbled by a CONCACAF side expected to just make up the numbers at the World Cup.

Continental prowess may not mean that much at the World Cup. Anyone who thinks our afcon title will buy us lunch in Brazil better not watch our games with his emotions. I pray and hope my expectations of the Super Eagles are wrong but for me watching Eagles live will be like watching Wigan and Birmingham.

So the injury / heart problem had nothing to do with it or do u just love to yap for yapping sake?
You lost me there :???:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe