[WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-3 CRC...Cavani; Campbell, Duarte, Urena

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC GRP D] URUGUAY 0-0 COSTA RICA

Post by truetalk »

platinum wrote:
platinum wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Costa Rica are just part of the numbrrs. They got nothing to offer

one of best goalies in the world inn keylor navas, excellent young forward in joel campbell, brilliantly drilled team by pinto, they may not get anywhere but they do have something to offer. More than cameroon at any rate.

just part of numbers :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm not sure what is in the Costa Rican diet that makes them produce excellent keepers. I did not see Banks or Dasayev live, but the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in a World Cup was Conejo from Costa Rica in Italia 90. The dude was out of this world in every game tehy played.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

truetalk wrote:
platinum wrote:
platinum wrote:
tunde72 wrote:Costa Rica are just part of the numbrrs. They got nothing to offer

one of best goalies in the world inn keylor navas, excellent young forward in joel campbell, brilliantly drilled team by pinto, they may not get anywhere but they do have something to offer. More than cameroon at any rate.

I'm not sure what is in the Costa Rican diet that makes them produce excellent keepers. I did not see Banks or Dasayev live, but the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in a World Cup was Conejo from Costa Rica in Italia 90. The dude was out of this world in every game tehy played.

some countries just get am...usa produces goalies like that too
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: [WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-3 CRC...Cavani; Campbell, Duarte, U

Post by juventuss »

Riche007 wrote:
juventuss wrote:So far the best game of the tournament. Costa Rica did not come to make up numbers. These guys can ball
Nah...the Netherland-Spain game has been the best.
After Spain went down 3-1, it became a formality. They stopped playing
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP D] URUGUAY 1-3 CRC...Cavani; Campbell, Duarte, U

Post by platinum »

juventuss wrote:
Riche007 wrote:
juventuss wrote:So far the best game of the tournament. Costa Rica did not come to make up numbers. These guys can ball
Nah...the Netherland-Spain game has been the best.
After Spain went down 3-1, it became a formality. They stopped playing
True, they stopped fighting at 3-1, it was visible, and i think casillas confirmed it in an interview after the game, very worrying from spain to just give up like that.,...they are so not used to fighting from behind.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

truetalk wrote:
platinum wrote:
platinum wrote:

Never saw Banks, but was fortunate to see Dasayev...first in '82 (my first WC), where he gave Brazil a tough time...then @ Euro 88, when he conceded one of the greatest goals ever to the one and only Marco van Basten.
He was a phenomenal GK.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
truetalk wrote:
platinum wrote:
platinum wrote:

Never saw Banks, but was fortunate to see Dasayev...first in '82 (my first WC), where he gave Brazil a tough time...then @ Euro 88, when he conceded one of the greatest goals ever to the one and only Marco van Basten.
He was a phenomenal GK.

Thanks Chief Ogbunigwe. Of course I saw Dasayev, and he was an amazing GK. I was thinking of Lev Yashin (who was a contemporary of Banks). I think I'm getting old. My mind was thinking exceptional Russian keeper from the past, but the wrong name came out.

Conejo was too much though. I can remember just going, thins cannot be real. Save after save after save after save.