[GRP D] ENG 1 VS ITALIA 2 (FT) Sturridge, Marchisio, BALO

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: ENGLAND 1 VS ITALIA 2 (FT) Sturridge, Marchisio, BALO

Post by soothsayer »

juventuss wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image
Honest.. pls let's talk about this.. how'd he get that curve on the ball? That doesn't seem natural, how'd he strike it?
Outside foot just hitting the ball at the outside left. Short follow through. Ball goes straight for a second and then the curve makes it dip like a valley. Read his book and he goes into details about how he learnt how to take freekicks

Is this skill talent.. or learnt ? How much practice does he have... I can't imagine.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

ElHadary wrote:
Honest.. pls let's talk about this.. how'd he get that curve on the ball? That doesn't seem natural, how'd he strike it?
It is the same thing Cristiano and Bale do, but Pirlo is more accurate and uses more than one style for his FKs. From what I understand, there is a method to it: striking the ball hard with part of the foot just above the toe.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Vincent. wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
It is the same thing Cristiano and Bale do, but Pirlo is more accurate and uses more than one style for his FKs. From what I understand, there is a method to it: striking the ball hard with part of the foot just above the toe.

watch the heads of the english players, they had no idea where that ball was going, rooney rotated like a key turning, barkley had to turn head :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

platinum wrote:Yep, switched his technique by watching juninho pernambucano from his lyon days....i remember juninho and kallstrom back in those days when lyon was bossing ligue 1, giving them freekicks was like penalties
Allow me to digress a bit...Juninho was the pundit on the stream I watched for the match earlier today...really struggled with his English but I was really excited to see him..reminded me of that 2000-2001 Champions league season which was awesome
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

soothsayer wrote:
juventuss wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
Outside foot just hitting the ball at the outside left. Short follow through. Ball goes straight for a second and then the curve makes it dip like a valley. Read his book and he goes into details about how he learnt how to take freekicks

Is this skill talent.. or learnt ? How much practice does he have... I can't imagine.
Learnt. He said he watched hours and hours of Juninho's freekicks at I think Lyon and kept doing it. The grounds keeper got tired of fetching the ball for him from the stands and one day it clicked and he was able to do it over and over again.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

England will not make second round
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

What part of the food did he hit it with? You guys said above the toe? How can you get that thing down if you do? Man oh man someone needs to make a tutorial vid on this.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Italy completed 92.2% of passes vs England. Highest pass pct by any team in a World Cup game since 1966.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What is it about some managers that they cannot react to events on the field...
Pathetic Woy...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Fell asleep during the match :boo:

How did both teams play? I'm already reading criticism of Rooney. What did people expect? He is a CF/SS, not a bloody winger :roll:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Some are mastering their art in pursuit of legend whilst others are playing Peter Pan with Instagram. Exhibit B in the case of the State vs Ron Atkinson.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Coach wrote:Some are mastering their art in pursuit of legend whilst others are playing Peter Pan with Instagram. Exhibit B in the case of the State vs Ron Atkinson.
Coach wrote:On the contrary, the formation should've done none of the such, Cameroon were the absolute exhibit A awaiting presentation in the defence of Ron Atkinson. Thick and lazy
Coach wrote:Rose relies purely on athleticism, he is the quintessential, "coloured" Charlie of Ron Atkinson rhetoric, pacey, athletic and brainless
you are riright . ron atkinson is the man.
ni**ers are indeed lazy and thick. england should avoid playing blacks at all costs. it was clearly the color of their skin that cost roy the game.
congrats on making that excellent point.
Now shut up and go and away.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As ever, Quick Draw McGraw firing prematurely from a rusted derringer. What is it about reading and understanding that evades those of self acclaimed intellect, smartness. Re-read each post and try to think outside of one's "smartness", phonation may help, so too the Sesame Street alfunbet. Failing that, in keeping with Atkinsonian ideology, a dumbing down is available at request.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Vincent. wrote:1. Another great performance by Pirlo. Despite the fact that England made special plans to contain him, he still managed to create space for himself without sweating too much.

2. What I kike about Italy under their current coach is their ability to play numerous tactical formations depending on the game situation: from patient attacks to counter-attacks to parking the bus to set-pieces - they do everything well. That is something Barca and Spain can learn from them.

3. England tried their best and created enough chances to get a draw. They gambled on speed but they were drained toward the end. They should probably have varied their approach to let the ball do some of the running, thus allowing themselves time to rest during the game...
I think the Dutch do it better!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Coach wrote:As ever, Quick Draw McGraw firing prematurely from a rusted derringer. What is it about reading and understanding that evades those of self acclaimed intellect, smartness. Re-read each post and try to think outside of one's "smartness", phonation may help, so too the Sesame Street alfunbet. Failing that, in keeping with Atkinsonian ideology, a dumbing down is available at request.
stop trying to backtrack .
tell us what atkinson's view on black players remotely has to do with cameroon's or england's failure.
thats the beauty of rambling diction like yours .
in the midst of all the convoluted garbage you spew the shameful truth about your hateful psyche and racist inner beliefs sneaks through.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Backtrack, why, for what purpose? Convoluted, twist turned, haphazard and cerebral hemispheres decorated with confederate flags against a wild magnolia background. Thick and Lazy R Us, the uterine conveyor belt, producing darkened dullards at industrial proportions. Pink lipped, broad nosed, fuzzy wuzzies, wooing old Betty's bestest with their only offering, outrageously endowed licentiousness. The curse of Ham and blessing of bratwurst sausage. You do try to understand, sit the exam, effervesce aplomb in spelling one's name and filling in the candidate number, its upon turning the page where it all goes tits up, Exhibit D Ron Atkinson vs The State.

How's the Polo, three buttons down, big smile and latte? #got.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum, 'Racist', hardly, not only a best friend, but a father blackened by nature's hand. One's old earth very much the same. On closer inspection, tis not pulled pork that dresses these bones and tissue, rather custom made apparel as coloured as the bowl of jelly eaten before the "smartness" above. Black, or perhaps a yellow tinged chestnut brown on a tepid autumn afternoon with yesterday's rains quenching the foliage's thirst and choiring Robins renditioning amidst the leafy greenery. Digression. Or is it dressage? Big smiles and Polo horses.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kalamashaka wrote:
platinum wrote:Yep, switched his technique by watching juninho pernambucano from his lyon days....i remember juninho and kallstrom back in those days when lyon was bossing ligue 1, giving them freekicks was like penalties
Allow me to digress a bit...Juninho was the pundit on the stream I watched for the match earlier today...really struggled with his English but I was really excited to see him..reminded me of that 2000-2001 Champions league season which was awesome
According to Elber (FC Bayern legend & former Brazilian internation) ..................Pirlo confessed that he 'learnt' his freekick skills by studing and coping the master himself- juninho pernambucano :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:In addendum, 'Racist', hardly, not only a best friend, but a father blackened by nature's hand. One's old earth very much the same. On closer inspection, tis not pulled pork that dresses these bones and tissue, rather custom made apparel as coloured as the bowl of jelly eaten before the "smartness" above. Black, or perhaps a yellow tinged chestnut brown on a tepid autumn afternoon with yesterday's rains quenching the foliage's thirst and choiring Robins renditioning amidst the leafy greenery. Digression. Or is it dressage? Big smiles and Polo horses.
C'mon.......just shutup with your rantings :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kajifu wrote:England will not make second round
The will make it.
They will 'out-kick and Rush' :mrgreen: the over-hyped Uruguay and kill off Costa Rica.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Zangzeef..Russia will be....up soon...defending their box as well as they do the...free world. Presumably....
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:Zangzeef..Russia will be....up soon...defending their box as well as they do the...free world. Presumably....
My man coachito :thumbs: ...................how are your WC 'punts' doing :D .
Holland did me some favours but a SE win against Argentina will bring the .................'Rain' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Bros, rather than box clever, one went Carl Froch with the coin box, a conveniently timed green juice diet and detox beckons, all shops own brand, reduced to clear.