[GRP C] Cote d'Ivoire 2 - 1 Japan (Honda, Bony, Gervinho) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP C] Cote d'Ivoire 2 - 1 Japan (Honda, Bony, Gervinho

Post by kalani JR »

joplass wrote:It took awhile to jump on DD's bandwagon but this guy is up there. Many props. Did not make a big deal starting from the bench did not make a big deal giving the armband to Yaya. DD you are a great man :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah one thing you can NEVER fault Drogba for is his maturity and willingness to put the team above all.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP C] Cote d'Ivoire 0 - 1 Japan (Honda) 2H

Post by mmeny »

Cellular wrote:Man....

Dat Arsenal player dey whip crosses like it's on sale.

Solid wicked crosses.... only if we had someone that can whip these kin crosses.
When did Arsenal sign him?
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Gervinho is still a knuckle head.
:roll: :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ambazonia
Egg
Egg

Post by Ambazonia »

joplass wrote:It took awhile to jump on DD's bandwagon but this guy is up there. Many props. Did not make a big deal starting from the bench did not make a big deal giving the armband to Yaya. DD you are a great man :clap: :clap: :clap:
Unlike Rigobert Song and his clan.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:not sure what gervinho was waiting for mschewww
I don like skatta my remote control... :curse: :curse: :curse:

Gervinho and kalou, I no sabi who dey foolish pass
Chief I was watching the game at a party with about 20 other husbands and we were having the same debate, which one foolish pass :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I must confess that I was one of the Samuel Eto'o is greater than Drogba dudes...but I am seriously thinking of making the switch...if I already haven't!

drogba is just a better leader and character than Samuel. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
aamimar
PROBATION

Post by aamimar »

Tbite wrote:
drogba is just a better leader and character than Samuel.
The understatement of the year :D Eto'o is a clown comparing to Drogba. Well done Cote d'Ivoire, hope u'll confirm against Greece and Columbia :thumbs:
BOOOOM ANTAR YAHIA! SUDAN WE LOVE YOU!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

aamimar wrote:
Tbite wrote:
drogba is just a better leader and character than Samuel.
The understatement of the year :D Eto'o is a clown comparing to Drogba. Well done Cote d'Ivoire, hope u'll confirm against Greece and Columbia :thumbs:
This is very true, I'll still say Eto'o has been the better player and is unrivaled when we talk about the greatest African footballer but that is another argument, both are global not just African legends anyway.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Tbite wrote:I must confess that I was one of the Samuel Eto'o is greater than Drogba dudes...but I am seriously thinking of making the switch...if I already haven't!

drogba is just a better leader and character than Samuel. :clap: :clap: :clap:

AN1>AN12

© TFCO
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:I hate it when talking heads refer to African teams as "The Africans". They don't call Brazil "The South Americans" or Italy "The Europeans". :veryangry:
Yes they do.
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/fif ... d-comeback
Japan will be devastated at losing in such a fashion, especially after taking the lead, but unlike in 2006, they have to still believe they can bounce back -- and bounce back they can. Next comes a perfect opportunity to pick themselves (and three points) up against Greece in a game that both sides now have to win. The Europeans lost their opener in emphatic style and will have to open up more than they would like. In theory at least, this should give the Samurai Blue the opportunities they need to get behind the Greek lines.

Wha choo looking at?!
Jidesho
Egg
Egg

Post by Jidesho »

Along with Roger Milla, Drogba must be the most iconic African footballer of all time. The level of respect he received from the crowd when he got off the bench and the way he lifted his teammates morale and put fear into the Japanese defenders was unbelievable.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Jidesho wrote:Along with Roger Milla, Drogba must be the most iconic African footballer of all time. The level of respect he received from the crowd when he got off the bench and the way he lifted his teammates morale and put fear into the Japanese defenders was unbelievable.
Simple amazing, he came in and everything changed.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Wow! Smh at Eto'o haters. Why can't you guys elevate Drogba without bringing down Eto'o?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

bamenda boy wrote:Wow! Smh at Eto'o haters. Why can't you guys elevate Drogba without bringing down Eto'o?
Bcos Eto is an egotistical selfish douchebag.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I saw this game while go carting. So I wasn't listening to commentary. But I watched through the highlights on my DVR when I got home.

Ivory Coast simply willed itself to victory. The team indeed overpowered a Japan I picked to advance. The headers were absolutely illustrative of this. This should be a point of pride.

Ivory Coast now look a very solid bet to take at least 2nd. It would be fitting, especially for Drogba. He's been a world class footballer and is showing great leadership and character.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: [GRP C] Cote d'Ivoire 0 - 1 Japan (Honda) 2H

Post by Cellular »

Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
femmyphoto wrote:when is this silly coach going to bring in Drogba .......89th mins ?
Drogba is one man won't change the much, this team is mediocre.
Doc, e no be by force o...

Jos maintain ya lane for RnR... :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!