Should CIV play Bony and Drogba together?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
Should CIV play Bony and Drogba together?

Post by African Star »

Wilfried Bony - Beast Striker - Goals & Skills - …: [url][\url]

That might be the most potent strike partnership at this WC if Bony can recreate his club form for Country.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
African Star
Egg
Egg
Re: Should CIV play Bony and Drogba together?

Post by African Star »

Judge for yourself
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

African Star wrote:Wilfried Bony - Beast Striker - Goals & Skills - …: [url][\url]

That might be the most potent strike partnership at this WC if Bony can recreate his club form for Country.
I personally think they're best using him as a last 30 minutes substitute like they did in the Japan & Bosnia games, I don't think he can last the full 90.

Would like to see a lineup like this:

================================= Barry ================================

Aurier =============== Zokora ================ Toure ===================== Boka

=============== Toure ============= Tiote ================= Die ===============

================ Gradel/Kalou ============================ Gervinhio ================

================================== Bony ===================================
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sunset. Just like Drogba, Toure cannot play 90mins.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

YUJAM wrote:Sunset. Just like Drogba, Toure cannot play 90mins.
How come? When I've seen him start from Liverpool, he rarely looked tired during the later stages of their games.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sunset wrote:
African Star wrote:Wilfried Bony - Beast Striker - Goals & Skills - …: [url][\url]

I personally think they're best using him as a last 30 minutes substitute like they did in the Japan & Bosnia games, I don't think he can last the full 90.

================ Gradel/Kalou ============================ Gervinhio ================

I agree with the limited usage
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They better start looking for someone to replace Zokora, he is so old splitting his legs to make a tackle is deemed dangerous to his health.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Throw in an extra centrehalf and unleash the fullbacks.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sunset wrote:
How come? When I've seen him start from Liverpool, he rarely looked tired during the later stages of their games.
You must be watching someone elsea.You forget the own goals and poor pass he force Liverpool drop 5 points because of his age
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Sunset wrote:

Agreed but I also believe when CIV went to a 4-4-2 they looked more dangerous and organized with Yaya dropping deeper to control the game. Plus I don't believe Kalou and Gervinho should be on the field at the same time, two chicken heads are o much for any one team and since Gervinho is a more effective chicken head he should start ahead of Kalou with somebody with more sense coming in for Kalou. Drogba I agree cannot play a full 90 but I think 30 minutes is too little.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sunset wrote:

Sunset, me and my boy were discussing same thing. I like the energy level that Drogba brings from the bench. You could literally see the energy level of the Ivoriens be lifted up and that of the Japanese fall... It was not a coincidence that there was some extra bounce with the Ivoriens...

I wish we had that super sub whom when they get in changes the complexion of the game.

Drogba should remain as an impact substitute.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

African Star wrote: Agreed but I also believe when CIV went to a 4-4-2 they looked more dangerous and organized with Yaya dropping deeper to control the game. Plus I don't believe Kalou and Gervinho should be on the field at the same time, two chicken heads are o much for any one team and since Gervinho is a more effective chicken head he should start ahead of Kalou with somebody with more sense coming in for Kalou. Drogba I agree cannot play a full 90 but I think 30 minutes is too little.

:clap: :clap: They are so wasteful it just pains all the senses one can have
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

kajifu wrote:
Sunset wrote:
You must be watching someone elsea.You forget the own goals and poor pass he force Liverpool drop 5 points because of his age
kajifu, he can`t be worse than Zokora...that man is freaking old :D
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...seems DD is not good for 90 mins anymore or starting when all players, including opposition, are still fresh. Bringing in a super player at interval is good to weigh down exhausted opposing team.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Sunset, Ricky Flair at number 29 in a Royal Rumble, forgone conclusion. The Bull Elephant has a stampede left in his weary limbs, but to have him charge a weary army than poachers polishing their rifles at highest noon before the hunt. Bony is an adequate deputy. The shape, an extra centrehalf not least to unleash the fullbacks but also on the grounds of age concern, Zakora's past it, best before and use by date, compost perhaps. It goes without saying that Gervais and Solomon, both either courted or procured by Gandalf the senile, cannot be fielded in tandem. There is a lack of brain evident in both that should make such selection contrary to and in violation of Geneva convention.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote:
African Star wrote: Agreed but I also believe when CIV went to a 4-4-2 they looked more dangerous and organized with Yaya dropping deeper to control the game. Plus I don't believe Kalou and Gervinho should be on the field at the same time, two chicken heads are o much for any one team and since Gervinho is a more effective chicken head he should start ahead of Kalou with somebody with more sense coming in for Kalou. Drogba I agree cannot play a full 90 but I think 30 minutes is too little.

:clap: :clap: They are so wasteful it just pains all the senses one can have
African Star has answered his own question. DD is your version of the '90 Roger Milla. Kalou hit the bench to be replaced with a brainier winger. However, the other issue I have is Yaya doesn't look comfy as the most advanced midfielder of the three. He wasn't involved until you went to a middle two. Personally, I feel a 4231 suits Yaya better than a 433. Defensively, you will loose protection but offensively, you will see Yaya being more in control of midfield play.