Switzerland v. Ecuador 2-1 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

opine
Egg
Egg
Re: Switzerland v. Ecuador 1-1 (2nd Half)

Post by opine »

oloye wrote:Ecuador deserve to lose, what a useless team, they gave the foolish striker a ball in the 6 instead of blasting the ball, he showed the African him dancing skelewu and talazo disco in front of goal.
:rotf: :rotf: what a goat. According to Tuco in the good bad and ugly, "if you are gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk.... i guess don't dance in this case.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

oloye wrote:Ecuador deserve to lose, what a useless team, they gave the foolish striker a ball in the 6 instead of blasting the ball, he showed the African him dancing skelewu and talazo disco in front of goal.
Oga, as an ex footballer Im dissapointed in your words :D :D :D

The player was silly, dumb , whatever you want to call it, but why bring Africa into it...you are feeding the trolls who call us naive etc...what will you call the Spanish then
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Arroyo should just apply for Political asylum in Brazil.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:E do Ecuador like film trick.
Keshi will be smilling facing any of this team in second round after top the table.
I know we are masters of positive thinking, but should not be talking of beating Iran first before laughing at other teams...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

akamoke wrote:

The player was silly, dumb , whatever you want to call it, but why bring Africa into it...you are feeding the trolls who call us naive etc...what will you call the Spanish then
Man mi I lie, are they not from Africa okay see the other end how the Swiss simply blasted the ball whether it is going into the net or not. Even the name is African Arokoyo don't mind the Ecuadorian version :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

akamoke wrote:

We know the Spanish have been living on borrowed Cojones, they were always chickens.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

opine wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: what a goat. According to Tuco in the good bad and ugly, "if you are gonna shoot, shoot, don't talk.... i guess don't dance in this case.

KPOM!!!

:lol:

I don't understand what that Ecuadoran was thinking at the end. He probably put his team out of the WC now. That Swiss defender showed a lot of strength and determination. Putting on Seferovic proved a fortuitous substitution.

By the way, the Swiss team is like a UN team. Names from all over the world.

Solid game. Great WC so far in this regard. The best one I can remember for 1st round games in a long time.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bret- hart wrote:Arroyo should just apply for Political asylum in Brazil.
I hope they are not as volatile as Colombians in their country.

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mate wrote:
opine wrote:

KPOM!!!

:lol:

I don't understand what that Ecuadoran was thinking at the end. He probably put his team out of the WC now. That Swiss defender showed a lot of strength and determination. Putting on Seferovic proved a fortuitous substitution.

By the way, the Swiss team is like a UN team. Names from all over the world.

Solid game. Great WC so far in this regard. The best one I can remember for 1st round games in a long time.

Cheers, Mate
Mate, case closed. You didn't watch this match.
This is the worst 1st half in the history of the WC and a 2nd half riddled with kindergarten mistakes.
The clowns can't even control the ball to save their lives while the Swiss(under the great Hitzfeld :thumbs: ) could not put 3 passes together.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Switzerland v. Ecuador 2-1 (FT)

Post by mate »

Zee, I'm talking about this WC in general, not this game in particular.

But this game was still decent. It wasn't world class football, but both teams attacked and tried to get a result. Ecuador could have easily laid back and gotten the tie, as could have the Swiss. But both went for it, giving us that cool finish...which has us talking about it so passionately.

This is the kind of attitude I like in football.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mate wrote:Zee, I'm talking about this WC in general, not this game in particular.

But this game was still decent. It wasn't world class football, but both teams attacked and tried to get a result. Ecuador could have easily laid back and gotten the tie, as could have the Swiss. But both went for it, giving us that cool finish...which has us talking about it so passionately.

This is the kind of attitude I like in football.

Cheers, Mate
My bad......................then I kpom your post :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

can the number of goals be attributed to the weather? or bad defending....
i mean hot weather will influence ball movement right????