[GRP E] FRANCE 3-0 HONDURAS. FT. Benzema X 2, alladares(o.g)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP E] FRANCE 2-0 HONDURAS (HT)... Benzema

Post by Coach »

Big Bernanez winding up a Shawcross. Stokeduras go sweet.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC GRP E] FRANCE 0-0 HONDURAS (1H)

Post by green4life »

soma wrote:I've got my eyes on Pogba all through this tournament. Going to watch him closely and see what the £60 million hype is about.
Definitely not worth 60M but easily worth 45M+ or more given some of the recent deals (mata, Luiz, etc). He's sort of like a Ramires with much better footballing ability especially shooting technique. He's an all action CM. He won't dictate pace. He's very direct in his play. If you prefer midfielders on the mold of Zidane, Yaya and Pirlo, you won't rate Pogba highly. He's not that type of midfielder.
Last edited by green4life on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC GRP E] FRANCE 1-0 HONDURAS (HT)... Benzema

Post by kalamashaka »

AreaDaddy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Jonathan Pearce is thick and stupid. It is a goal
i swear. the guy just loves drama
Martin Keown was trying to explain to him, but he kept on rabbitting on how about "it is not the technology we use in the Premiership", "blah blah blah 1966..."
He's still insisting that the 2nd goal was "very controversial"! :lol:
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Sakho's ball control...hilarious
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

twitter wrote:Whatever you do don’t suggest The Hokey Cokey if you are at a party with Jonathan Pearce. It’ll blow his mind.
twitter wrote:Jonathan Pearce witnessing birth: "It wasn't quite out of the womb & then it was! Do we have a baby or not?! I don't know what to believe!"
twitter wrote:Imagine Jonathan Pearce seeing Back To The Future trilogy in one sitting. It would fry his melon. #acid
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Platinum you asked me last week that you were worried about where French playmaking would come from .... Well I hope you now agree with me as I mentioned before that Valbuena has that position on Lock Down

Yeah, I said Valbuena and Cabaye are good but I'm not worried about them creating against Honduras, I'm worried about them creating versus sides at their level, I've seen them struggle in those games when straitjacketed which is where ribery's creativity and volatility helped.

Pogba off, wise move.

Ribery is overrated :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Will not be missed

I hope not, even with his absence, I still have them as possible finalists. They're very good.

Overrated? as you say. I don't think the legions of coaches and journalists who rate him highly are clueless.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In the WC, one way to assess a team is the clarity of its ideas, the flow, the movement between the lines, on the ball, off the ball...

Forget Honduras...

This French team is well put together, and they are playing without pressure...

But yes, stern tests lie ahead...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [WC GRP E] FRANCE 2-0 HONDURAS (2H) Benzema, Valladares(

Post by anikulapo »

How did Matuidi miss that
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

mavuba coming on?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enyeama's Captain coming on
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
soma wrote:I've got my eyes on Pogba all through this tournament. Going to watch him closely and see what the £60 million hype is about.
Definitely not worth 60M but easily worth 45M+ or more given some of the recent deals (mata, Luiz, etc). He's sort of like a Ramires with much better footballing ability especially shooting technique. He's an all action CM. He won't dictate pace. He's very direct in his play. If you prefer midfielders on the mold of Zidane, Yaya and Pirlo, you won't rate Pogba highly. He's not that type of midfielder.
don't think you have seen enough of him.

In the absence of Pirlo, Conte used him to control games from deep
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Don't sell Cabaye, Yohan Cabaye I just don't think you understand. Coz if you sell Cabaye, Yohan Cabaye. You'll have a riot on your hands
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

France is solid. No game breaker, which is interesting. But they are disciplined, working hard, and putting their egos in check. The whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts.

Will it be enough? We'll see when they get a real test.

At this point, it seems that France is at that stage where they can possibly start to peak with every game. Not a bad place to be with an opening game win in a relatively easier group. They should move on and be fresh for the 2nd round.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Contrasts. Was it not Laurent Blanc who wanted to aryanise the French side. d#$%.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

what was i saying of sakho? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :scared:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

this sakho dude is a weirdo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

France needs to score more on this collection of Agege Players
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:what was i saying of sakho? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :scared:
Some clown from Chelshyt just attacked me for Saying that KOS should have started ahead of him .... Dude is walking liability

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

miss ball, no miss leg! these are street ballers
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Dem go break Valbuena leg oh

MLK.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:
I don't want to blasphemy but he reminds me of Viera the way he runs... don't know if he has the nasty streak thou..

He will look good in Arsenal Red... :D :taunt:

But he is too old and too expensive... they like dem very young. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

My Lord what a goal by BEnzema

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:what was i saying of sakho? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :scared:
Some clown from Chelshyt just attacked me for Saying that KOS should have started ahead of him .... Dude is walking liability

You get time for that kid, I dont get sakho ahead of kos either.

3-0 benz