Some race related questions

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
Some race related questions

Post by African Star »

How many African teams are in this world cup, I have watched Ecuador, Columbia and now France and Honduras.

Also do they have black kids in Brazil to walk out with the players? It seems as if all the kids walking out with the players are off Caucasian origin.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Some race related questions

Post by Cellular »

African Star wrote:How many African teams are in this world cup, I have watched Ecuador, Columbia and now France and Honduras.

Also do they have black kids in Brazil to walk out with the players? It seems as if all the kids walking out with the players are off Caucasian origin.
AS, dem don do a number on you for dis Amerika...

What's your infatuation with race?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

this is getting annoying. A lot of you guys are obsessed about race. I don't cheer on CIV and other African sides because their black, I cheer them on because their African. The amount of race and hate thrown at the North Africans at this board during CAF games too irked me a lot. And when I cheered on Algeria over B. Faso? I'm a racist. Are you serious?
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

ElHadary wrote:this is getting annoying. A lot of you guys are obsessed about race. playing for many teamst cheer on CIV and other African sides because their black, I cheer them on because their African. The amount of race and hate thrown at the North Africans at this board during CAF games too irked me a lot. And when I cheered on Algeria over B. Faso? I'm a racist. Are you serious?
Bro there is no hatred on this thread just tongue in cheek comment about black players playing for several countries and a salient observation that Iam not seeing any favella kids walking out with the players.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

African Star wrote:How many African teams are in this world cup, I have watched Ecuador, Columbia and now France and Honduras.

The thing I observed is that there were no black Colombians or Ecuadorians in the stands despite people of African descent making up a sizeable percentage in both of those countries (particularly Colombia). They must be a highly disenfranchised group in their nations. I discovered that there is a city in Colombia, Quibdo, that is ~ 95% black. Maybe it's a case of their being a lack of integration between blacks in latin America and the rest of the population that has not enabled them to advance politically and economically.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ElHadary wrote:this is getting annoying. A lot of you guys are obsessed about race. I don't cheer on CIV and other African sides because their black, I cheer them on because their African. The amount of race and hate thrown at the North Africans at this board during CAF games too irked me a lot. And when I cheered on Algeria over B. Faso? I'm a racist. Are you serious?
Race? What is race ANYWAY? To be honest...all of these classifications...are very loose! Including the identity known as African!

What is an African? Some say you should not be nationalist....you should be regionalist...some say you should be Pan African! Some say....you should celebrate Humanity! Where exactly do you define these things?

Why are you supporting Africa? Why not Europe? You see where I am going with these? Racism is hatred not identification! People will always form organic associations nearest to what they know or are familiar with!

It is like saying...why are you cheering on your family in a sporting event! As long as the association is based on something tangible.....and it is not about superficiality or hate, there is NOTHING wrong with it. I could explain it better.......but if you think about this a little, you might get where I am going with this. If you don't, that's fine.

I think to identify with Black (Melanin) is wrong....but to identify with certain cultural elements of Sub-Saharan culture that are common, such as the link between the Caribbean, South America and Africa is very normal. Believe it or not, but there are elements of found in other continents that are more related to Nigerian culture for example than what may be found in Madagascar or Morocco or Lesotho!

Africa is a continent! That is a landmass! It is not a culture! But if you want to identify with a continental mass...that is fine too...there might be something there, maybe it is transcontinental routes, bilateral trade, affiliation with tournaments, events, political meets. There might be something there!

Nothing that happens in life is accidental and that is what people need to realize! The way we have become preoccupied with certain associations is a NATURAL genetic, biological predisposition! It becomes racism or tribalism, when we distort certain associations and assign value to certain elements. However the actual process of association is natural!

If you do not think people can identify with something cultural...like the percussion music, dance found in Sub-Saharan Africa.....then how can you identify with your parents? Or your children? Human Beings are NATURALLY designed to identify and familiarize! It is based off genetic preservation (Which is not just the dna bond, but also safety). I believe in a theory.....and I have hinted at it a few times in this forum, that EVERYTHING human beings do, is linked in one way or another to preservation.

But in saying that, this is not a stagnant process! It is evolutionary! Which means that through things like continents and artificial countries, states and cities we can create new associations! However that does not mean that previous associations are eliminated!

I can appreciate the naive....thinking that a human being will see EVERY single human being the same way..but is literally impossible! it is SCIENTIFICALLY not possible! We were not genetically engineered to function like that!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

phantomjournalist wrote:

The thing I observed is that there were no black Colombians or Ecuadorians in the stands despite people of African descent making up a sizeable percentage in both of those countries (particularly Colombia). They must be a highly disenfranchised group in their nations. I discovered that there is a city in Colombia, Quibdo, that is ~ 95% black. Maybe it's a case of their being a lack of integration between blacks in latin America and the rest of the population that has not enabled them to advance politically and economically.
You will be labelled a racist for telling it like it is.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley