GT Speaks - I've seen only 2 good teams so far

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
GT Speaks - I've seen only 2 good teams so far

Post by General Trousers »

Only France and Netherlands look proper.

Argentina and Brazil do not look interesting - AT ALL! I say this too because these are the same crop of Argentinians and Brazilians who have also been beaten in the Olympics, U-20 and U-17 tournaments in the recent years ... Argentina and Brazil are very beatable (read: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/o ... ccer-gold/ )

All the other teams looked ordinary ... no pace, no running.

x
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GT Speaks - I've seen only 2 good teams so far

Post by Coach »

Nonsense. Italy were measured and calculating. Bosnia, technically astute, Costa Rica, refreshing on the counter, Mexico, poetry in possession, as ever the Swiss, dogged and determined. England were interestingly unbalanced and almost blistering at times. There has been a plethora of good displays, be that tactical, strategic and all round.
Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Coach wrote:Nonsense. Italy were measured and calculating. Bosnia, technically astute, Costa Rica, refreshing on the counter, Mexico, poetry in possession, as ever the Swiss, dogged and determined. England were interestingly unbalanced and almost blistering at times. There has been a plethora of good displays, be that tactical, strategic and all round.
Agreed with all the above. Was very impressed by Bosnia yesterday. Nigeria better pile on the goals today if they want to have a chance to get through.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Coach wrote:Nonsense. Italy were measured and calculating. Bosnia, technically astute, Costa Rica, refreshing on the counter, Mexico, poetry in possession, as ever the Swiss, dogged and determined. England were interestingly unbalanced and almost blistering at times. There has been a plethora of good displays, be that tactical, strategic and all round.
Impressed as well...

Considering it is the first games...

Truth to be told, only one team has been bad, Honduras. I don't know if it is as a result of France being good or just that Honduras made France look good.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
Impressed as well...

Truth to be told, only one team has been bad, Honduras. I don't know if it is as a result of France being good or just that Honduras made France look good.
Cameroon have been the only bad side. Honduras were playing rugby so they don't count.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Cameroon and Honduras have been the only sub-standard teams. Hope I now didn't jinx Croatia, as we play the Indomitable Lions next.

:)

Italy and Holland so far showed potential world cup winning class. France and Argentina shows signs of perhaps peaking throughout the 1st round to reach such form as well. Of the heavyweights, Brazil remains unsure, while Spain is at a crossroads. Germany and Portugal will be put to the test today.

The rest of the teams played well. I especially liked Costa Rica. We'll see if they can keep that form up, especially since they relied on a lot of pace, power, and running. I'm not sure they can sustain that over 2 more matches. But I really liked the Ticos.

Great WC so far. It's shaping up to be the best one I can remember since 1982. Lots of good games so far. It's real fun.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..GT no vex but if U've only seen 2 good teams so far U need to ask ya cable subcriber for refund... :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Jaidi wrote:
Agreed with all the above. Was very impressed by Bosnia yesterday. Nigeria better pile on the goals today if they want to have a chance to get through.
Don't bother.............if we need to win both Argentina and Bosnia to qualify, the Big Boss boys :thumbs: will get the wins.
This is the 1st time Nigeria is going to the WC with a ..........TRULY worldclass coach, as a matter of fact..............he is the BEST in the biz.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cellular wrote:
Impressed as well...

The problem with that game is only one team was there to play ball.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Yes Italy have also been and good and Germany today ...