[GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 2 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: [GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 2 (FT)

Post by ElHadary »

I don't get why some of you must prop up a side by putting the other one down.

Ghana's a young team, the USA was the more prepared side. You can't tell me the more prepared side was the one that conceded a goal 31 seconds in.. what kind of lack of focus do you have to have to do that?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

juventuss wrote:Ghana has a good chance of beating Portugal and even typing Germany.
Sure even Bigpokey24 can type Germany
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ghana is only going to help the USA qualify , unless they can outright win their next 2 games..
juventuss wrote:Ghana has a good chance of beating Portugal and even typing Germany.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP G] GHA 1 V USA 1 (2H)

Post by phantomjournalist »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:
mate wrote:USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

:thumbs: :woot: :thumbs: :woot: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate
You dey support USA over African team?Tufiakwa

Some of us are Americans... :glare: :glare: :glare:
I'm an American, but I felt a sense of despondency towards Ghana losing. :shock:

I think it has something to do with the Super Eagles also losing. Anyway, time to don my USA kit. Not sure how necessary the Nigerian kit will be after the group stage.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Sure even Bigpokey24 can type Germany
:laugh:
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

phantomjournalist wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Cheers, Mate

I'm an American, but I felt a sense of despondency towards Ghana losing. :shock:

I think it has something to do with the Super Eagles also losing. Anyway, time to don my USA kit. Not sure how necessary the Nigerian kit will be after the group stage.
But SE didn't lose :sad:

Long Live King Obi!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ElHadary wrote:I don't get why some of you must prop up a side by putting the other one down.

Ghana's a young team, the USA was the more prepared side. You can't tell me the more prepared side was the one that conceded a goal 31 seconds in.. what kind of lack of focus do you have to have to do that?
:???: :???: :???:
na wetin make one no be "more prepared"?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Eaglemaniac wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Cheers, Mate

But SE didn't lose :sad:
...kind of :???:
WE Nigerians like it big, win, all or nothing :thumbs:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

First of, I don't think Ghana will not be tying Germany. Germany will beat them. Their defense is too bad and that their keeper get as e be. You do realize that Ghane might be out of the tournament even before they Portugal in match day 3.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Yujam you aint lyinf my brother. Ghana were the better team and no better doesnt mean you win. Youcan be netter and still lose. Even those muppets in ghe the BBC said as much and we know they rarely give african sides credit. Had USA not scored so early I think it would been different

bigger point is african teams need to work on finishing and concentration
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Again, some of you just won't give the US credit. Wow. Fine.

But for me, it's the little things. Especially how they were made possible by the American style here. Consider how immense American fitness and power made the difference on that last goal.

Who decided, near the end of game, to apply pace and resolve to force the Ghanian defender to touch the ball for a corner. It was an American emphasis on being fit, strong, and always fighting that won a crucial that corner by millimeters!!!

Cameron lunged 1st on the corner as the US pushed everyone up. Missed but cleared space for Brooks. History!!!

A lot of teams could not have physically achieved this sequence of events. I rewatched the game last night. The US boys ran like there was no tomorrow. And you know what? They could have ran more, but actually conserved a bit, keeping in mind 2 more games to play. Both teams exerted themselves, but I believe Ghana spent even more energy and will pay a heavier price in the next matches.

I hope the US team heals up. I hope by some miracle Jozy can come back. He and the US team deserve it. I hope Clint doesn't have a bloody nose. And I hope Besler can come back and partner Cameron in what was a magnificent central defensive pairing.

Kolinzo had it right. This team was engineered to beat Ghana. In every sense of the term. It was marvelous to see how US organization and planning set out to deal with and defeat a very strong nemesis, laying the foundation for possible qualification from a true group of death.

Give credit where credit is due.

Cheers, Mate <--- Loves this US team.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...i give them credit, a lot of credit to American ingenuity.
Won't be surprised they employed top physios, science buffs, weather winches, and chemical mixers to get the proper juices.
Up yanks, they spent fifa money rightly.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote:...i give them credit, a lot of credit to American ingenuity.
Won't be surprised they employed top physios, science buffs, weather winches, and chemical mixers to get the proper juices.

Always there has to be a cheap shot against the US.

:?

You can say the same for any team. Germany? Brazil? Mexico?

If Jamaica can juice at the Olympics, so can any big nation at any sport.

Cheers, Mate
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mate wrote:

Cheers, Mate
...i knew when i was typing that (JUICES) it will be misconstrued. No, I don't mean the illegal stuff my friend. May be I for say, proper GATORADE :thumbs:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

YUJAM wrote:Don't let hatred of Ghana cloud your judgement. They are an excellent team and I think they will make the second round

Abi, Germany didn't lose to Algeria in 1982?
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
mcal wrote:
YUJAM wrote:You guys can yarn till the birds come home but I saw a better team lose today.

Don't get it wrong. This is a poor USA team that will be found out very shortly. As for Ghana they should be positive

They have great potential to do well.
...fifa don't accept that, they accept highest goals only :laugh:
I am not concerned though. As they say water go soon find level
Even Brazil have gone to playing more efficient football...

You might want to follow the trend... :winking:

what he means is that Ghana will find their level vs Germany :winking:

This my rasta broda sef. How did you deduce any hatred for Ghana? Truth is, they had better players, were lucky that the US' only true striker got injured, and what did they do? huff and puff. Dude, I would be insulting Nigerian players like there is no tomorrow if they played like that and still lost. Hatred has NOTHING to do with it. Nobody came to the WC to lie down for "better" teams. The US were pragmatic, and did what they had to do to take a win from a more talented opponent, despite losing key players to injuries. Did the US cheat their way to win? No! Were they diving or wasting time unnecessarily? No. Did they get any "fake" PK? No. We love our Motherland, but we must give credit to our "second" country for successfully executing their game plan. They played to their strengths and minimized their weaknesses, and got all three points. Ghana was clearly asleep when they conceded 2 goals, knowing how hard it is for them to manufacture goals.

No need for all this bad belle against the US. Ghana was caught napping, and must now tighten their belts and grind out wins against Portugal and Germany. They have the personnel and talent to do it. Muntari can do better with his passes and shot selection, instead of tackling like a crazy man. He is one of the senior and most experienced players.

And yes, Nigeria played a horrendous game against Iran, IMHO. Are Iranians to blame?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mcal wrote:
mate wrote:

Cheers, Mate
...i knew when i was typing that (JUICES) it will be misconstrued. No, I don't mean the illegal stuff my friend. May be I for say, proper GATORADE :thumbs:

Ok. I'll drink to that!

:thumbs:

Honestly, I'm enthralled with this US team. More so than Croatia. I wish Croatia applied the same principles of organization, training, and sports science. That delta alone would be such an advantage.

Cheers, Mate
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

There is an arrogance many Africans have towards US soccer. The truth is the US has long been working to improve their level in the sport and while time will tell if they are among soccer's elite, the rise of soccer culture is not in doubt.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kalani JR wrote:The truth is the US has long been working to improve their level in the sport and while time will tell if they are among soccer's elite, the rise of soccer culture is not in doubt.

I have a strong faith and confidence that the US will indeed be among the elite. Look at how US athletes in the NBA, NFL, and NHL follow and tweet. They are slowly but surely recognizing that there's a magic and arena beyond their parochial sporting domains. You can see it and hear it from them. Simply listen to Kobe Bryant on the matter.

Klinsmann has guile. He's conniving. He knew exactly what he was doing when he attacked US boys for playing soccer to get division I college scholarships.

Suffice it to say, more US boys are going to be taking up football as a profession, forgoing college. I have to believe that a pool of 310 million people with all the resources you can ask for will be a strong WC challenger. I've been observing this since I was a young boy in the 1970s, also playing and watching this sport all my life.

The last piece is strengthening the MLS. Watch for US sports and corporate interests build cross league competition between North and South America. We'll also get the best players globally in due time. And then our fans will really apply the pressure to win.

American boys are getting a taste of global fame and fortune. It's not only in the US. It's the world. Like I said, I can hear the hunger in Kobe, whom clearly wishes he perhaps had that audience and arena.

The gladiators are stirring.

Cheers, Mate
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The US was worse for the wear after the game yesterday. I think you should hope they recover for their game against Portugal.

If you look at the FIFA stats, the USA covered more ground defending than Ghana did attacking. :idea: They suffered big time
mate wrote:Again, some of you just won't give the US credit. Wow. Fine.

But for me, it's the little things. Especially how they were made possible by the American style here. Consider how immense American fitness and power made the difference on that last goal.

Who decided, near the end of game, to apply pace and resolve to force the Ghanian defender to touch the ball for a corner. It was an American emphasis on being fit, strong, and always fighting that won a crucial that corner by millimeters!!!

Cameron lunged 1st on the corner as the US pushed everyone up. Missed but cleared space for Brooks. History!!!

A lot of teams could not have physically achieved this sequence of events. I rewatched the game last night. The US boys ran like there was no tomorrow. And you know what? They could have ran more, but actually conserved a bit, keeping in mind 2 more games to play. Both teams exerted themselves, but I believe Ghana spent even more energy and will pay a heavier price in the next matches.

I hope the US team heals up. I hope by some miracle Jozy can come back. He and the US team deserve it. I hope Clint doesn't have a bloody nose. And I hope Besler can come back and partner Cameron in what was a magnificent central defensive pairing.

Kolinzo had it right. This team was engineered to beat Ghana. In every sense of the term. It was marvelous to see how US organization and planning set out to deal with and defeat a very strong nemesis, laying the foundation for possible qualification from a true group of death.

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YUJAM wrote:The US was worse for the wear after the game yesterday. I think you should hope they recover for their game against Portugal.

If you look at the FIFA stats, the USA covered more ground defending than Ghana did attacking. :idea: They suffered big time

...6 days they will recover barring serious injuries like Altidore's.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

phantomjournalist wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Bye bye, fair weather fan :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Cheers.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote:The US was worse for the wear after the game yesterday. I think you should hope they recover for their game against Portugal.

Aside from injuries, they'll recover. I definitely believe they're fitter.

That statistics are very interesting. I'm having difficult cutting and pasting into a spreadsheet. It would be interesting to see totals and averages, especially in low vs med vs high activity in the distances covered by each player.

I have little doubt the US team understands very well what each athlete is capable of. I wouldn't be surprised if this is tracked in real time and used by the coaches.

Cheers, Mate
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Portugal will win USA and Ghana..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.