Algeria 1 Belgium 2 [FT]

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Algeria 1 Belgium 0

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Thought it was a foul on Algeria, but good call

That's how you counter....
Excellent counter... Hazard could have been selfish but chose to lay off a beauty of a pass...
...could have been murder if he had not passed that ball. In his mind there he was thinking TEAM not ME :wink:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The best African side I've seen so far at this WC. Very well organised and look very comfortable.
And you were saying ?
Some natives are always in a hurry to denigrate Naija...
From what I've seen they're more organised than Nigeria. The question is are they interested in winning this game?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ekorian wrote:WHEN WILL THSES NORTH AFRICANS STOP THE DISGRACEFUL ANTICS OF UNECCESARY DIVING. IT'S FREAKING ANNOYING.... :curse:
ANOTHER DIVE, ANOTHER GOAL :lol:
The country is Algeria, not North Africa. Otherwise, you're right with the diving.
I understand your point but Egypt and Morrocco are notorious divers too....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

opine wrote:
Cellular wrote:Iz it me or does it seem that Algeria don taya?
They had no business going forward in numbers looking for a second. Very dumb that their coach didn't restrain them.
Especially for that counter they couldn't recover...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:lol now it's poor defending that let them concede the goal. haha.
the bus was still parked very well. belgium just gave a lesson on how to cut through the parked bus.
It was on a counter...

Dude, you guys need not to have your minds pre-made up...
lol. Oh! the irony!!
that post was about the first goal.
and if you will notice, belgium did the following:

1. few or NO LONG BALLS
2. Two tall guys for the algerian CBs to worry about.
2.5. The same two tall guys stayed in position, and so close to each other. see how that has confused algeria.
3. Crosses.
4. The less number of people waiting behind for belgium coaxed algeria into coming out more, spreading themselves out.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Algeria 1 Belgium 2

Post by YUJAM »

Got to attack and they showed none of that

You have to be really lucky like the USA to produce a backs to the wall performance and not lose. I think one thing has been consistent in this tourney: Attacking teams win games
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Unisol wrote:Props to Belgium for the second goal. That is how to play a team whose game plan is to defend - Fast counter attacks.
Yup. Fast passing, fast counters. Of course, you have to assume the opponent will come out of the shell long enough for you to counter them but generally yes.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The best African side I've seen so far at this WC. Very well organised and look very comfortable.
And you were saying ?
From what I've seen they're more organised than Nigeria. The question is are they interested in winning this game?
Ok sir, if you say so...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This Origi kid is good...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The Belgium subs did the trick. Algeria is a better side than Iran and were actually doing a better job of parking the bus before the Belgians showed us how to dismantle such.
You seem to be all over the place...
The fact they're losing 2-1 to a very good Belgium side does not negate the fact that I consider them to be the best African side I've seen on show so far in the WC.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

All the space Belgium has now, that's exactly what Nigeria would have had all game if that ref no cancel that goal.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Ghana and Algeria entertained fans with back to back loses. And people are still applauding their efforts. Na efforts we go chop?
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
And you were saying ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can't make this ish up... Talk about speaking from both sides of your mouth.... More organized and down 1-2 after taking a lead.

All of a sudden they are no longer interested in winning anymore according to you after being the best African side in the WC and being down 1-2 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by mmeny on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I think African teams should go back to basic things in football.Not looking good for Africa
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
And you were saying ?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can't make this ish up... Talk about speaking from both sides of your mouth.... More organized and down 1-2 after taking a lead.

All of a sudden they are no longer interested in winning anymore according to you after being the best African side in the WC :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is CE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

opine wrote:
omonija wrote:Boom. I wanted africa to win here, but if only to prove that the right tactics will destroy any parked bus, i'm happy about the scoreline.
did you see the goal?
yep. I did. No national team parked bus in this world can be tactically disciplined enough not to try to run up in numbers if you coax them with space.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

omonija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:lol now it's poor defending that let them concede the goal. haha.
the bus was still parked very well. belgium just gave a lesson on how to cut through the parked bus.
It was on a counter...

Dude, you guys need not to have your minds pre-made up...
lol. Oh! the irony!!
that post was about the first goal.
and if you will notice, belgium did the following:

1. few or NO LONG BALLS
2. Two tall guys for the algerian CBs to worry about.
2.5. The same two tall guys stayed in position, and so close to each other. see how that has confused algeria.
3. Crosses.
4. The less number of people waiting behind for belgium coaxed algeria into coming out more, spreading themselves out.
LOL you can't be serious...

The first goal was off a long ball/cross...

They scored the second goal because Algeria foolishly came out of their shell and got caught out...

BTW, the coach brought in a tall guy who got to that header... just like ours got to the header but couldn't score... but inextricably we are daft and clueless on how to breakdown a parked bus because we couldn't score...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mcal wrote:...same Fellaini that was stinking up his club is a star at national team.
But Fulani was a star at Everton...don't know what happened at Man U.
...yep, 2 Evertonians came and stunk up ManU :tic:
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Orion wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The Belgium subs did the trick. Algeria is a better side than Iran and were actually doing a better job of parking the bus before the Belgians showed us how to dismantle such.
You seem to be all over the place...
The fact they're losing 2-1 to a very good Belgium side does not negate the fact that I consider them to be the best African side I've seen on show so far in the WC.
Let me guess the second best is Ghana with a losing record as well followed closely by Cameroun :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

platinum wrote:All the space Belgium has now, that's exactly what Nigeria would have had all game if that ref no cancel that goal.

Shhhhhhhhhhh you are just making excuses....
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Well done Belgium, a perfect start to the world cup campaign...

Good professional game
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
And you were saying ?

All of a sudden they are no longer interested in winning anymore according to you after being the best African side in the WC :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What part of my post don't you understand? They're better than Nigeria and that's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Axel Foley's played well today for Belgium...

Long time I saw him last
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp