Algeria 1 Belgium 2 [FT]

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Algeria 1 Belgium 0

Post by Cellular »

mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The Belgium subs did the trick. Algeria is a better side than Iran and were actually doing a better job of parking the bus before the Belgians showed us how to dismantle such.
Orion wrote:The best African side I've seen so far at this WC. Very well organised and look very comfortable.
You seem to be all over the place...
The fact they're losing 2-1 to a very good Belgium side does not negate the fact that I consider them to be the best African side I've seen on show so far in the WC.
Let me guess the second best is Ghana with a losing record as well followed closely by Cameroun :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I will rank them thus:

Entertainment index
1. Ghana
2. Algeria
3. Cameroon
4. Nigeria
5. CIV... :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Ekorian wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Orion wrote:The best African side I've seen so far at this WC. Very well organised and look very comfortable.
And you were saying ?
Some natives are always in a hurry to denigrate Naija...
From what I've seen they're more organised than Nigeria. The question is are they interested in winning this game?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can't make this ish up... Talk about speaking from both sides of your mouth.... More organized and down 1-2 after taking a lead.

All of a sudden they are no longer interested in winning anymore according to you after being the best African side in the WC :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is CE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh boy, come see logic

Algeria leading 1 - 0 nil and parking the bus = The best African side well organized and looking comfortable.

Algeria losing 1-2 = The question remains if they interested in winning the game.

No they came to practice curb and parallel parking :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gotta love CE.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

mmeny wrote:Let me guess the second best is Ghana with a losing record as well followed closely by Cameroun :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Algeria
CIV
Ghana
Nigeria
Cameroon

In that order...
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg
Re: Algeria 1 Belgium 2

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

All the teams in the tournament so far r better than Nigeria except Iran
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Watching the counter on replay is even more scrumptious...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

I am sad!! But Belgium did what Nigeria couldn't do. I was hoping Fellani was out injured. I was not too happy to see him come in. Algeria just lost focus for a split second there allowing Belgium crosses after crosses. Oh well.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:All the teams in the tournament so far r better than Nigeria except Iran
Ok...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:All the teams in the tournament so far r better than Nigeria except Iran
na true. na naija carry last.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:I think African teams should go back to basic things in football.Not looking good for Africa
...when we stop caricaturing better region like CONCACAF and learn something from them we will be better.
CAF: 1 win 1 draw 3 loss
CONCACAF: 3 win 1 loss
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

One of the best coaches Roberto Martinez just said Belgium got frustrated by Algeria and went to individual brilliance.

But hey, he is just making excuses.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:lol now it's poor defending that let them concede the goal. haha.
the bus was still parked very well. belgium just gave a lesson on how to cut through the parked bus.
It was on a counter...

Dude, you guys need not to have your minds pre-made up...
lol. Oh! the irony!!
that post was about the first goal.
and if you will notice, belgium did the following:

1. few or NO LONG BALLS
2. Two tall guys for the algerian CBs to worry about.
2.5. The same two tall guys stayed in position, and so close to each other. see how that has confused algeria.
3. Crosses.
4. The less number of people waiting behind for belgium coaxed algeria into coming out more, spreading themselves out.
LOL you can't be serious...

The first goal was off a long ball/cross...

They scored the second goal because Algeria foolishly came out of their shell and got caught out...

BTW, the coach brought in a tall guy who got to that header... just like ours got to the header but couldn't score... but inextricably we are daft and clueless on how to breakdown a parked bus because we couldn't score...
read what i wrote again. the only good attempts naija had against iran came from crosses. that ameobi had that chance only supports the fact that our best chance to score was not going to come from passing the ball sideways back and forth, then booting the ball forward to people who are making wrong and mistimed runs.
I've never said we are/were clueless on anything. i'm just saying that those who want to claim that nigeria could not have done MUCH MUCH better in that game in tactics, formation, playing, and coaching are lying to themselves.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

kajifu wrote:I think African teams should go back to basic things in football.Not looking good for Africa
There is something mentally deficient about the African game and becoming predictable and boring.. At half time I was predicting a 2-1 win for Belgium in the end because we have seen it all before

We cannot be screaming for more spots if this is the best we can muster

Sentiments aside, we are only superior to Oceania

In Algeria's case, coaching was also deficient
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

omonija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote:lol now it's poor defending that let them concede the goal. haha.
the bus was still parked very well. belgium just gave a lesson on how to cut through the parked bus.
It was on a counter...

Dude, you guys need not to have your minds pre-made up...
lol. Oh! the irony!!
that post was about the first goal.
and if you will notice, belgium did the following:

1. few or NO LONG BALLS
2. Two tall guys for the algerian CBs to worry about.
2.5. The same two tall guys stayed in position, and so close to each other. see how that has confused algeria.
3. Crosses.
4. The less number of people waiting behind for belgium coaxed algeria into coming out more, spreading themselves out.
LOL you can't be serious...

The first goal was off a long ball/cross...

They scored the second goal because Algeria foolishly came out of their shell and got caught out...

BTW, the coach brought in a tall guy who got to that header... just like ours got to the header but couldn't score... but inextricably we are daft and clueless on how to breakdown a parked bus because we couldn't score...
read what i wrote again. the only good attempts naija had against iran came from crosses. that ameobi had that chance only supports the fact that our best chance to score was not going to come from passing the ball sideways back and forth, then booting the ball forward to people who are making wrong and mistimed runs.
I've never said we are/were clueless on anything. i'm just saying that those who want to claim that nigeria could not have done MUCH MUCH better in that game in tactics, formation, playing, and coaching are lying to themselves.
What tactical change would you have done?

The change that Belgium did was in personnel. We did that... our headers did not turn into goals theirs did...

When the scored, Algeria came out and were exposed.

We made two offensive subs and both subs had an impact... we couldn't make a third because we already used it on an injury sub. At the end it was down to execution of tactics... not on lack of one.

Yes, we could have done a lot better but we can't change our entire front line and midfield?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Even Iran is better. Watch them destroy Argentina :taunt:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

kolinzo wrote:I am sad!! But Belgium did what Nigeria couldn't do. I was hoping Fellani was out injured. I was not too happy to see him come in. Algeria just lost focus for a split second there allowing Belgium crosses after crosses. Oh well.
The first goal, an Algerian player was down for minutes trying to influence the referee. The same thing happened before the second goal. Imagine those were Juwon and Ameobi....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The huge issues in the african continent is displayed by its football, it seems african players have zero brains, nobody can do the simple things, take nigeria for example, they dont practice set pieces, crosses, nothing, they practice these things in real games and think lady luck will shine on them, what used to be nigeria strenght?? Fast paced, counter attacking football, these days, they run around the park with no purpose in life, a bit like boko haram football, western football is sin!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Quit your belly aching, Belgium was the strongest team in the group. Algeria put in a decent effort and decent scoreline. They're more than capable of beating SK and drawing Russia, slow your horses.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ekorian wrote:
Even Iran is better. Watch them destroy Argentina :taunt:
Haba wunna go give people shake shake for here
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
mcal wrote:...same Fellaini that was stinking up his club is a star at national team.
But Fulani was a star at Everton...don't know what happened at Man U.
Was a star as a supporting striker but blow average as a CM. ManU bought him to play CM and not SS.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I had to miss the 2nd half. I sure was hoping Algeria could pull the upset. Based on the comments, I conclude that individual quality and professionalism got Belgium the result.

I have Belgium and Russia coming out of this group. Mostly on pedigree and experience. I still have my doubts about Belgium, but a win is a win.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

oloye wrote:Who said you cannot tow a parked bus out of the way?
Only if you have a tactically sound coach and skilled players, but if you have a combination of Keshi and the likes of Azeez you can not tow that bus.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd »

kolinzo wrote:I am sad!! But Belgium did what Nigeria couldn't do. I was hoping Fellani was out injured. I was not too happy to see him come in. Algeria just lost focus for a split second there allowing Belgium crosses after crosses. Oh well.
Belgium does not have Keshi as their coach and Musa was not crossing the ball for them.
An ignorant mind abhors knowledge.
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

Cellular wrote:
omonija wrote: read what i wrote again. the only good attempts naija had against iran came from crosses. that ameobi had that chance only supports the fact that our best chance to score was not going to come from passing the ball sideways back and forth, then booting the ball forward to people who are making wrong and mistimed runs.
What tactical change would you have done?

The change that Belgium did was in personnel. We did that... our headers did not turn into goals theirs did...

When the scored, Algeria came out and were exposed.

We made two offensive subs and both subs had an impact... we couldn't make a third because we already used it on an injury sub. At the end it was down to execution of tactics... not on lack of one.

Yes, we could have done a lot better but we can't change our entire front line and midfield?
oga cellular, we didn't need to change our entire team. the way naija played reminded me of the eyesore from eguavoen's coaching days. nigeria is not england, and will never be. long balls are not useless, but they are not a go to solution for breaking down any defense at this level. the tactics discussion is a long one. not sure i want to even get into it. i know how debates on this forum go.
when nigeria saw that we were not breaking through, the first thing to try to do is to try to draw them out. you can draw teams out by teasing them either with space, or with the ball. they teased with the ball, but iran adjusted after the first ten minutes by refusing to bite. at that point, you have to start to work the ball upfield slowly by playing upfield passes and returns into the gap within the bus. belgium did that well today. another thing you have to do is put in 2 top strikers ON TIME, while leaving your creative players in, because you can confuse the defenders, and with time, they will give up something. but nigeria took moses out. moses was the only creative threat, and the only one that could put in decent crosses. another thing is, as the coach, you have to absolutely enforce positional discipline on the strikers, because an organized defense will just eat poorly positioned strikers like m&ms.
in addition, like i mentioned in another post, there is no team in this world that is tactically disciplined enough at the world cup level to maintain the bus when they see space in front of them. not for 90 minutes. the counter for belgium came when algeria thought they had some space they could run into to get a second goal. that is the other way you draw them out. you leave gaps behind you (but in front of the defense) on purpose, knowing that players will try to run there. more players behind you means less in front of you. mourinho did it a few times last season. its a gamble, but it can work if everyone understands that that is the objective. but nigeria kept players behind the ball even when we had it in midfield. that's good for defense, but thats just a stalemate because both teams now are just not moving at all, waiting for something to happen. and then they weren't even mobile enough or courageous enough to try forward passes. and when they did try, it was usually to the wrong person. anyway this is enough for now.