Game thread: ESP v CHI (0:2)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Game thread: ESP v CHI (0:2)

Post by platinum »

THREE of the last four world cup winners have existed at the first stage now.... incredible.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

wanaj0 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:They were clearly the worst team in this world cup.

There must be an interesting story behind this. As they say, all good things come to an end. Thanks for the memories Spain
European champion not able to get through the group stage.

Definitely the coach is clueless. He left better players at home while selecting junk players. He was trying to market players like Torres.

He was just lucky with previous victories.
LMAO!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dont mind them self haters. In their eyes it is impossible for an oyinbo to go from a Savior to Clueless. But they are quick to attribute any past success of a black man to luck once things go wrong.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mmeny wrote:
green4life wrote:
mmeny wrote:
mate wrote:Spain imploded. A generation of players simply failed catastrophically. Xavi, Alonso, Casillas, Villa, & Pique proved to be long past their expiration date. Nobody adequately replaced Senna and Puyol.

This wasn't about tactics. Nothing new was discovered that might have worked against Spain 2008 - 2012. That outfit could play tika taka. They ran all day. They not only possessed the ball, but also had a rugged defense.

This Spanish team amazingly can't run and amazingly can't pass. I never could have predicted this. I really thought some fine tuning would see them through the semifinals. Not a chance.

Spain needs a total overhaul. But I appreciate the last 6 years. The best NT football I've ever seen. I can only hope somebody pushes the bar even higher.

For me, it's about good football. I don't care who it is. And for good football, I thank Spain for the experiences.

Cheers, Mate
Didn't they win two more cups without both players?
Lol. No mind am with the arse licking. Now he's saying busquets wasn't a good enough replacement for senna meanwhile when they won a Euro Cup & WC with Busquets no one complained about missing senna. All we heard was how busquets was the best holding midfielder in the world. A fact well documented on CE.

See my very next response to him...... At some point, people just have to say they were not good enough... It is not like Mikel Arteta is the one playing the holding midfield role... It is Sergio Busquets that has won everything on both club and world level. Spain simply wasn't good enough this world cup and are heading home simple.
Yup. They were poor all around. You don't get clobbered a combined 7-1 in two games just because you're past your sell by date. The shameless excuse is hilarious. Meanwhile I seen him happily criticizing just about every African team for way less.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote:@Mate, with all due respect, if you get garri for house, abeg put am well well for wetin you drink. Chile played a front three, aggressively pressing the defence, especially the fullbacks. Following that, they dropped deep and centrally, the two central midfielders sat infront of a narrow back five and proclaimed squatters' rights. They left Spain the ball out wide and refused to fall for the okeydoke.

...Tis no surprise the shape was similar to that used by Van Gaal. The crosses, sweeping diagonals, the wingbacks ravenous and tactics, spot on. This was a tactical triumph, Spain were shut down, there was no overlapping Jordi Alba, why? Because he missed his morning weetabix? Perhaps twas a 90 minute testicular strike with resultant effemimancy? Nonsense, Chile played Spain in the pom exactly the same way, but for Ejideonics, they'd have been bludgeoned back then too.

Coach, you think too much sometimes.

:wink:

Spanish players lost nearly every battle of strength, running, skill, and even wits. This was catastrophic failure. Come on, we've all been footballers and know that no tactics will make up for being so outclassed individually.

Tactics nothing. I've seen Chile, Germany, Nigeria, Italy, France, Portugal, and Croatia over the years try it all. And they all failed.

You said it best about today: effemimancy!!!

They laid down and took it. Pure and simple.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

wale1974 wrote:With all these surprises in this World Cup, i won't be surprised if Iran win the trophy!!

Impossible is nothing! We heard it here first from Wale1974. This trophy is Tehran bound. :clap: :clap:
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mmeny wrote:
mate wrote:
mmeny wrote:
mate wrote:Spain imploded. A generation of players simply failed catastrophically. Xavi, Alonso, Casillas, Villa, & Pique proved to be long past their expiration date. Nobody adequately replaced Senna and Puyol.

This wasn't about tactics. Nothing new was discovered that might have worked against Spain 2008 - 2012. That outfit could play tika taka. They ran all day. They not only possessed the ball, but also had a rugged defense.

This Spanish team amazingly can't run and amazingly can't pass. I never could have predicted this. I really thought some fine tuning would see them through the semifinals. Not a chance.

Spain needs a total overhaul. But I appreciate the last 6 years. The best NT football I've ever seen. I can only hope somebody pushes the bar even higher.

For me, it's about good football. I don't care who it is. And for good football, I thank Spain for the experiences.

Cheers, Mate

I was talking about the long haul. The strain on the remaining guys as they aged proved too great. I never liked Busquets when he replaced Senna. Same with losing Puyol. Defensive steel and overall grit was lost. It was compensated for while Xavi, Iniesta, and Villa were at peak, but was exposed once they couldn't weave tiki taka as they once did.

It's going to be interesting where Spain goes from here.

Cheers, Mate
Whether you liked Busquets or not doesn't matter. They won two more championship with him playing that position and he has won everything at club level so I don't see how that affected them this particular world cup.

Spain just wasn't good enough in this tournament, that is why they are heading home. SIMPLE

The highlighted is indeed what I said...with an explanation as to how and why.

:wink:

Yes, they weren't good enough. This team imploded spectacularly.

Cheers, Mate
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chile did the same years back only to be robbed on the scorecards. Convenient effeminancy?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
wale1974 wrote:With all these surprises in this World Cup, i won't be surprised if Iran win the trophy!!

Impossible is nothing! We heard it here first from Wale1974. This trophy is Tehran bound. :clap: :clap:
Wale abeg share that ish you de smoke. Why Tehran? Why not Abuja?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

For those living in denial, may be they would bring their head out of the hole and see clearly that tiki taka is dead... RIP tiki taka.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

green4life wrote:
mmeny wrote:
green4life wrote:
mmeny wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Lol. No mind am with the arse licking. Now he's saying busquets wasn't a good enough replacement for senna meanwhile when they won a Euro Cup & WC with Busquets no one complained about missing senna. All we heard was how busquets was the best holding midfielder in the world. A fact well documented on CE.

See my very next response to him...... At some point, people just have to say they were not good enough... It is not like Mikel Arteta is the one playing the holding midfield role... It is Sergio Busquets that has won everything on both club and world level. Spain simply wasn't good enough this world cup and are heading home simple.
Yup. They were poor all around. You don't get clobbered a combined 7-1 in two games just because you're past your sell by date. The shameless excuse is hilarious. Meanwhile I seen him happily criticizing just about every African team for way less.

Wow. Talk about wanting to see and hear evil.

Shamelessness? Anti-African? Lots of fantasy being generated from my rather innocuous comments.

Take a chill pill. This is football. I'm enjoying the spectacle. You should to.

:)

Cheers, Mate
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

cito us wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

Wale abeg share that ish you de smoke. Why Tehran? Why not Abuja?

Neither Del Bosque nor Del Boy has anything on our own wale1974 when it comes to football or wit.
-Simpli fy -
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote:Chile did the same years back only to be robbed on the scorecards. Convenient effeminancy?

Nah. I remember that game well. Spain was the real deal.

Not this squad. 4 years apparently is a long time in football. I believe Italy and France can attest.

:)

Cheers, Mate
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tiki take came, saw and tikied their way outa there. They forgot to take though!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Make ago find that thread way are say Spain will go home if the open yash in their first game
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:For those living in denial, may be they would bring their head out of the hole and see clearly that tiki taka is dead... RIP tiki taka.
Dean.........this is no longer the question. :mrgreen:

The question is who created the CODE that 'killed' tiki taka'............................no prizes for the right answer. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tiki taka will reign supreme...as long as you have the players to play it.

Being able to pass, dribble, and think in less space and time will never go out of fashion...especially against those who can't!

And if it should ever be tipped with a steel arrow point...oh wait, that would be an Eto at Barcelona or so...watch out!

:taunt:

Cheers, Mate
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So the defending champions of the world, led by Chelshyt's strikers failed to score a goal from open play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really explains how poor Arsenal have been... their superstar is only a bit part player... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
So how about una new Superstar Francesc wey no even enter Field :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your two strikers no even score one goal between them. And una two time player of di Year, Mata, no even see field ..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See charcoal baked pot dey call kettle black :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Zee, was a bloodstained Bruno, detached retina and wife thoroughly ashamed at ringside, the codebreaker who deciphered Iron Mike? Busta Douglas followed Bruno's modus exact presumably. Keshi went to war and the scorecard claims he ate garri, not a smidgen of meat in the soup. Okro more than likely. #nocrayfish
Last edited by Coach on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So the defending champions of the world, led by Chelshyt's strikers failed to score a goal from open play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really explains how poor Arsenal have been... their superstar is only a bit part player... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
So how about una new Superstar Francesc wey no even enter Field :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your two strikers no even score one goal between them. And una two time player of di Year, Mata, no even see field ..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See charcoal baked pot dey call kettle black :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

dem go tink twice about signing diego costa, d guy dey claim 25 yrs of age, na only God know weda na years of shaving dem dey count for im village.

*I think Diego Costa will fit in well with Mourinho's preferred style and do rather well.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

zee wrote:
oloye wrote:For those living in denial, may be they would bring their head out of the hole and see clearly that tiki taka is dead... RIP tiki taka.
Dean.........this is no longer the question. :mrgreen:

The question is who created the CODE that 'killed' tiki taka'............................no prizes for the right answer. :mrgreen:
No pics so you mess up.
Mazi Keshi
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This is usually what happens when an era comes to an end, they crash land, like a jumbo jet.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I nor go lie oh, it is not going to be funny for Chelsea to have a combo of strikers with a value of 80milla, and between the two of them they stink up the place... That would be 80milla wasted. The way this Costa guy plays get as e be o. Is he a flash in the pan?