CAMEROON HAS DISGRACED US!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KB
Egg
Egg
Re: CAMEROON HAS DISGRACED US!

Post by KB »

bamenda boy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Yes. Hopefully we will earn some redemption
But is Ghambia not supposed to ..oh, wait, never mind. Continue.
As things stand Gambia will trash CAM if they meet in Banjul.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

WC 1990 has allowed Issa Hayatou to stay in power for 24 years. I hope WC 2010 and WC 2014 would force others to send this fool packing.
Cameroon needs to clean up its act at home. And Paul Biya should be the first to leave.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

For all the rivalry between the Eagles and the Lions in the past, I have always had a soft spot and healthy respect for Cameroon. Their never say die attitude, ruthlessness and at the same time time the ability to play joyous soccer.
The group match of Maroc 88 where they more or less played the whole of the game in our field after the late Okwaraji's goal cemented my respect for them and their ability to turn things in Italy around after a disastrous run in Algiers 90 only made me a bigger fan. That was the lions of Milla, Mboy, Bell, Nkono, Mfede, Biyiks to name but a few...even the guys in the early 2000s dominated Africa for a short spell and proved their mettle at the Confederations cup.
With that out of the way... This current bunch...the less said the better....I think the responses in this thread already express the sentiments
I truly hope they get things in order and put things right...cause Africa needs its power houses, no disrespect to the smaller nations, but Africa needs the Nigerias, Egypts, Cameroons, Ghanas, Algeria and its other traditional powers to get their $#% right and maintain it.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:Still wondering why we are overreacting? I have not seen England, Spain media screaming that their team has been disgraced talkless of Scottish, San Marinese media saying those teams have disgraced Europe?

Why are Nigerians lamenting that the CAMEROUNIAN football team has disgraced them? Una too dey find reasons to put yourself down. Self haters.
I don't think it was about the football alone, the funny thing is that the results they were getting on the field is a reflection of their general indiscipline. In a must win match, Song got himself a stupid red card. The first goal they conceeded yesterday against Brasil, guess who caused it ..Moukanjo, doing the very same thing that earned him a head butt from Assou, who was benched because of his Johny Kwango exploits. What about the 4th goal, comical, a simple pass at the edge of the box from their own freekick and the defender passed it straight to the opponent. The truth is, the team lack discipline and that is the disgraceful part about their representing Africa. I was embarrassed watching the right fullback shove Neymar into the billboards for no reason at all. It incensed Neymar who went on to punish them the way it should be done on a footie field.

They should go and work on their discipline, i have high regards for Cameroonians as i know and have met a number off the field,but these ones on parade save for a few are twats. Wish they could raise more of the Webos and less of the Songs and Moukanjo and Enos...dont let me even get started on the one called Eno..how he did not get a red card in this WC is a mystery. Mbia is another one ,one minute you want to praise him,the next minute he would do the most suicidal thing a player can pull against his own team.

The future is bright for them,but they need to curb their indiscipline.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bim
Egg
Egg
The Bamenda sorrow

Post by Bim »

Played 3 lost 3 drew none goals for 1 goals agaist 9

Records like thease do not belong on the resume of an African footballing power house .
This is Zaire 74 world cup kind of results This is more than a disgrace
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Bamenda sorrow

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

absolutely horrendous. And remember, the referee disallowed 2 legitimate goals against Mexico. Horrible team! :boo:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Hopefully Nigeria face them in the next WC Qualifiers.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bim wrote:Played 3 lost 3 drew none goals for 1 goals agaist 9

Records like thease do not belong on the resume of an African footballing power house .
This dude u sure u really finish high school so ?
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cameroon are emblematic of all the corruption and bad management issues that plague African football, except that their problem is magnified.

Cameroon has long benefited from the large sums of money FIFA gives to World Cup qualifiers. Yet they never developed their football, not even pitches with grass on them.

They've also been saddled with a generation of talented but incredibly selfish players, the likes of Etoo and Song. Players who will use all their energy to fight for large bonuses but are unable to justify it on the field.

There needs to be some serious soul searching at all levels of Cameroonian football

Sad!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

YUJAM wrote:Cameroon are emblematic of all the corruption and bad management issues that plague African football, except that their problem is magnified.

Cameroon has long benefited from the large sums of money FIFA gives to World Cup qualifiers. Yet they never developed their football, not even pitches with grass on them.

They've also been saddled with a generation of talented but incredibly selfish players, the likes of Etoo and Song. Players who will use all their energy to fight for large bonuses but are unable to justify it on the field.

There needs to be some serious soul searching at all levels of Cameroonian football

Sad!
Yujam, you seem to be confused. On one hand you accuse the federation on corruption and on the other hand you accuse the players on standing up against corruption,
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Tbite wrote:Hopefully Nigeria face them in the next WC Qualifiers.
Tbite,

Be careful what you wish for. Ghana and Cameroon are two teams where form does not matter whenever we play.

I would not want to play a team whose ego has been bruised. They will out to prove a point.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

KingLoku wrote:
Bim wrote:Played 3 lost 3 drew none goals for 1 goals agaist 9

This dude u sure u really finish high school so ?
Pot, kettle, Wesley Snipes.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Very funny. You are the only one who is confused given your blunders on this forum about Cameroon

Cameroon has many issues, not only one. But corruption and a lack of organization are massive ones

The players did not stand up against corruption. They simply wanted to line their pockets.
bamenda boy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Cameroon are emblematic of all the corruption and bad management issues that plague African football, except that their problem is magnified.

Sad!
Yujam, you seem to be confused. On one hand you accuse the federation on corruption and on the other hand you accuse the players on standing up against corruption,
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Still wondering why we are overreacting? I have not seen England, Spain media screaming that their team has been disgraced talkless of Scottish, San Marinese media saying those teams have disgraced Europe?

Why are Nigerians lamenting that the CAMEROUNIAN football team has disgraced them? Una too dey find reasons to put yourself down. Self haters.
I don't think it was about the football alone, the funny thing is that the results they were getting on the field is a reflection of their general indiscipline. In a must win match, Song got himself a stupid red card. The first goal they conceeded yesterday against Brasil, guess who caused it ..Moukanjo, doing the very same thing that earned him a head butt from Assou, who was benched because of his Johny Kwango exploits. What about the 4th goal, comical, a simple pass at the edge of the box from their own freekick and the defender passed it straight to the opponent. The truth is, the team lack discipline and that is the disgraceful part about their representing Africa. I was embarrassed watching the right fullback shove Neymar into the billboards for no reason at all. It incensed Neymar who went on to punish them the way it should be done on a footie field.

They should go and work on their discipline, i have high regards for Cameroonians as i know and have met a number off the field,but these ones on parade save for a few are twats. Wish they could raise more of the Webos and less of the Songs and Moukanjo and Enos...dont let me even get started on the one called Eno..how he did not get a red card in this WC is a mystery. Mbia is another one ,one minute you want to praise him,the next minute he would do the most suicidal thing a player can pull against his own team.

The future is bright for them,but they need to curb their indiscipline.
Kpom to infinity. :clap:
Yes, the results are bad but the manner in which they have gone about acquiring those results is even worse.
I am more ashamed of this performance than the Zaire 74 fiasco. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They are finished let it fly!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dinando
Egg
Egg

Post by Dinando »

Hopefully? Really?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

hestonap wrote:
Tbite,

Be careful what you wish for. Ghana and Cameroon are two teams where form does not matter whenever we play.

I would not want to play a team whose ego has been bruised. They will out to prove a point.
Ditto. :agree:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Maybe the ajebutification of players from traditional African soccer nations especially the West African ones is a problem.

I wonder if Mikel self dey chop eba. See as Musa just dey fall for ground like paper wey dey table. Couldn't stand on his feet.

So now that we are getting players who live most of their lives in Europe the toughness is gone.

Witness how the South American nations are bullying even Europeans as an example.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:more disgrace to come, believe me.....

You said it!

x
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

The same Cameroon that gave us Dr Theophile Abega, Roger Milla, Steven Tataw, Thomas Nkono, Francois Oman-Biyik, Andre Kana-Biyik, Gregoire Mbida,Elie Onana, Cyril Makanaky, Loius Paul Mfede now gave us this nonsense we saw in brazil. What an insult to a great legacy!
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube