Four most respected soccer nations in the semis

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Four most respected soccer nations in the semis

Post by YUJAM »

Brazil vs Germany

Argentina vs Holland

It doesn't get much better
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Four most respected soccer nations in the semis

Post by kajifu »

How is Holland more respected in soccer than Italy,Spain and France?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

kajifu wrote:How is Holland more respected in soccer than Italy,Spain and France?
Arguable I guess. The Dutch always seem to be in the semis.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

could be an all european or all southamerican final
i reckon the semies will be the best matches of the world cup so far
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kajifu wrote:How is Holland more respected in soccer than Italy,Spain and France?
All these are the magnificent seven.

The rest come to watch them.

:)

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The establishment certainly wanted Messi vs Neymar, the tv revenue alone would've rivaled an erratic King Midas. Can it happen? Holland will certainly have a ploy for Messi. As much as one hopes to be wrong, theres plentiful evidence to suggest this will be a cagey affair, far from hammer and tong.

Brazil-Germany, time for Scolari to cut his mustard. No Neymar, No Silva, no problem? The team shouldn't be built around one player alone, if that was the modus operandi, may they crash and burn. Hopefully Germany will put them to the sword, cleaving the head from neck and throwing it to the rabble rousing rioters outside the stadia.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:The establishment certainly wanted Messi vs Neymar, the tv revenue alone would've rivaled an erratic King Midas. Can it happen? Holland will certainly have a ploy for Messi. As much as one hopes to be wrong, theres plentiful evidence to suggest this will be a cagey affair, far from hammer and tong.

Brazil-Germany, time for Scolari to cut his mustard. No Neymar, No Silva, no problem? The team shouldn't be built around one player alone, if that was the modus operandi, may they crash and burn. Hopefully Germany will put them to the sword, cleaving the head from neck and throwing it to the rabble rousing rioters outside the stadia.
and who go play diamond formation, I ask.

i think the final will be brazil v argentina.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Muller, false nine apparently, useless, presumably.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Fellas, my head says Argentina vs Germany. But my heart knows it will be Argentina vs Brazil, with Messi & Co taking it.

At this juncture, there is little to choose between the teams. Except, of course, the Messi factor. But everything else is pretty much a wash. All these nations have it all: organization, program management, tactics, depth, talent, a coherent style, history, and that special elan that has allowed each to consistently make their way into the semifinals. But here's my initial take:

Argentina vs Holland

We can argue all day about, for example, how Argentina took all tournament to settle into a lineup, tactics, and even style. But they have, late as it is. Emphatically, given how they pretty routinely took out an excellent Belgium team.

Holland is the just about the finest European football team. It is everything European football strives to be. Well coached. They'll play to potential every second of the game. They're also quite good individually. In Robben and Sneider, they have talented talisman players.

But I ultimately give the edge to Argentina on 2 factors. Obviously, one is Messi. I have to go with Argentina on this alone. History is opening up an opportunity for special achievement here. Messi and Argentina surely know this and are simply too hungry to let it go. For Messi. For Argentina.

And that leads me to the 2nd factor, one all of you understand well: namely, the South American factor. This is where my heart takes over. We're in South America! Argentina is one of the few countries where a special pride and tradition won't take it from Brazil, never mind Europeans trying to win the WC in front of legions of Argentinian and South American fans.

I just don't believe Argentina and Messi will let it happen. Again, the Belgium match was a litmus test. This isn't the last WC, where Germany demolished Argentina. This time they're really the Albiceleste.

Brazil vs Germany

Brazil has slowly but surely baked an approach: pace, power, energy, fighting spirit, and strong defense. Sure, the losses of Neymar and Silva hurt. Sure, they're not the jogo bonito team that they were. But the still have beaten a gauntlet of decent teams, being outplayed by nobody.

Brazil have shown versatility, playing against skill and physicality and defensive bunkers as well as offensive minded outfits. They have adapted to each opponent, essentially imposing themselves on everybody. Guys like Hulk, Marcelo, and Luiz aren't Zico, Falcao, and Carlos Alberto, but they're still skilled enough and will fight all game. They'll especially fight to give nothing at the back.

Germany is Germany. We all know this. Greater than the sum of the parts. Their midfield in my view has emerged as one of the strongest. The defense is also very good, positionally sound, with a German always in the right place at the right time to contest every ball.

For me, both teams don't have that special game breaker. I've said this about Germany from the start. Both teams ironically will rely on being greater than the sum of the parts in this context. It will be a war of attrition...a contest of wills...a physical contest in no small part...superseding tactics.

I conclude this like I did Argentina vs Holland. A fine European team...albeit one without a Mateus, Breitner, Beckenbauer, or Gerd Mueller...will be beaten by history's greatest team. For me, it's no longer X's or O's. It's tradition, history, and my eyes...my heart!

Brazil is Brazil. This game is in Brazil. Germany never seems to beat top and peak Latin teams with guile...like Brazil, Italy, and Argentina...in games where the ultimate is at stake. Am I to believe that it will happen now, just because Neymar and Silva are out? I can't see it.

All I can see is Argentina and Brazil itching to go at one another. All I can see is both camps, while not dismissing tactics and systematic play, digging deep and taking it to their opponents...before they go at one another in the ultimate South American derby of them all...with Argentina led by one Lionel Messi, whom surely wants to inform history that he's the greatest whom ever lived...with an Argentina nation that would LOVE to accomplish the ultimate in spite...winning a world cup in Brazil, so that they could forever do this...

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

In summary fellas, I believe South American heart will make the difference. Brazil and Argentina lose nothing in the core basics to Germany and Holland. This is one where individual composure and willpower will be the main difference. Who will bring it more?

I gave my opinion.

Stay tuned. We will see.

Cheers, Mate <--- Just giving my 2 cents worth of thought...
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

mate wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Abeg, Spain are new comers and only showed up since 2008. Their display in Brazil shows signs that they may just have benefited from a collective clicking at the right time. They can still go back to being like Portugal. France too only only joined the party in 1998 because they were hosts and have been able to maintain some form of power although they have declined since 2002. The easy comparison is South Africa. They were whipping boys but they produced a group of believers when they hosted & won the 1996 AFCON. they finished 2nd in 98, 3rd in 2000. Then back to being average once the talented group of players retired.

Only Brazil, Argentina, Germany & Italy can claim to be the magnificent 4. They are the teams who have continued to be true power houses for more than 1 decade. Holland will be within touching distance if they win this WC.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

superwinger wrote:
mate wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Abeg, Spain are new comers and only showed up since 2008. Their display in Brazil shows signs that they may just have benefited from a collective clicking at the right time. They can still go back to being like Portugal. France too only only joined the party in 1998 because they were hosts and have been able to maintain some form of power although they have declined since 2002. The easy comparison is South Africa. They were whipping boys but they produced a group of believers when they hosted & won the 1996 AFCON. they finished 2nd in 98, 3rd in 2000. Then back to being average once the talented group of players retired.

Only Brazil, Argentina, Germany & Italy can claim to be the magnificent 4. They are the teams who have continued to be true power houses for more than 1 decade. Holland will be within touching distance if they win this WC.

I see it as who realistically and consistently can challenge for a WC. I obviously give high marks to those that have won it or at least make several final appearances. Modern history also weighs more for me than before 1962 or so.

As to Spain, I bet that they will be back. Just like France. Just like Holland. These countries are a decent bet to make deep runs or win a WC. I think they all know what it takes and will continue to leverage their past.

But for a magnificent 4...I totally agree with you. These are history's top NTs across time...even if I believe Spain 2008 - 2012 was the best individual team ever...not to open that can of worms!

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

mate if the referee does not fall for the classic Argentine flopping, I believe Holland can
beat them. The Dutch speed is what I believe will do in the Argies, especially when the men in
Orange start bypassing the midfield with long precision balls. If Argentina can soak in Hollands
high tempo, they might be able to explore the gaps left by the high press. Well 'the magician'
Messi might be able to pull off some miracle deliverance for Argentina.

As per Brazil/Germany, I can see the former edging the later via superior possession abilities
along with a Euro-style practical approach of their coach. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that
Neymar is out, because that will reduce the unnecessary flair that slows down of the game for Brazil.
Of course one should not overlook the stranglehold the German defense can provide if they manage
to get a lead, along with the deadly counters they can provide.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Joao, I agree that any of these 2 teams can advance. I just think the intangibles favor the South Americans. If I had to bet all my money, that's how I would go.

I also agree that whomever gets the lead in Brazil vs Germany is likely to win. Both Germany and Brazil aren't finding goals to easily. They don't want to chase the game, although on paper Germany seems more suitable here.

Cheers, Mate
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The referee for Germany vs Brazil will be Mexican.

Forgive me, but I'm suspicious.

This is already a seemingly significant factor.

The 1st 5 minutes are going to very telling here.

Cheers, Mate
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

tfco wrote:
Coach wrote:The establishment certainly wanted Messi vs Neymar, the tv revenue alone would've rivaled an erratic King Midas. Can it happen? Holland will certainly have a ploy for Messi. As much as one hopes to be wrong, theres plentiful evidence to suggest this will be a cagey affair, far from hammer and tong.

Ewu Ghana, the plural of stadium is stadia or stadiums, at least in British English. Tisha wey no sabi him job. By the way, was that you I saw at Pearson on the 15th of June around noon? If so, you are way too short! :taunt: :lol:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

joao wrote:mate if the referee does not fall for the classic Argentine flopping, I believe Holland can
beat them. The Dutch speed is what I believe will do in the Argies, especially when the men in
Orange start bypassing the midfield with long precision balls. If Argentina can soak in Hollands
high tempo, they might be able to explore the gaps left by the high press. Well 'the magician'
Messi might be able to pull off some miracle deliverance for Argentina.

As per Brazil/Germany, I can see the former edging the later via superior possession abilities
along with a Euro-style practical approach of their coach. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that
Neymar is out, because that will reduce the unnecessary flair that slows down of the game for Brazil.
Of course one should not overlook the stranglehold the German defense can provide if they manage
to get a lead, along with the deadly counters they can provide.

but the dutch are just as guilty (if not more) this WC.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Brazil vs Flamengo???

I just read that Germany will be wearing this uniform.

I really dislike what FIFA has done with kits this WC. I recall very few games where both teams were allowed to wear their traditional kits.

Why can't Germany and Brazil wear the 2002 WC final colors?

This red and black just doesn't seem German to me. Likewise, Brazil with just a yellow short and all white is sanitized down as well.

Cheers, Mate
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

This is Netherlands time to win. I see them against Brasil. There is nothing sweeter than Holland defeating Brasil to win its first WC. I predict it will be total football!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

The road to this WC is going through Germany, I feel whoever beats them will win.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Aswani wrote:The road to this WC is going through Germany, I feel whoever beats them will win.
You are saying that you don't think Germany will win?
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote:
tfco wrote:

Ewu Ghana, the plural of stadium is stadia or stadiums, at least in British English. Tisha wey no sabi him job. By the way, was that you I saw at Pearson on the 15th of June around noon? If so, you are way too short! :taunt: :lol:
No mind the jaundiced sclera Taxi Driver. Footage has emerged of Tfchampong standing on a toilet seat starring into the mirror above the basin, muttering "yoo tokin to mee". Nonsense.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Boom!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: