Sad for Cameroon

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

belloumi
Egg
Egg
Sad for Cameroon

Post by belloumi »

It’s painful to watch proud lions being tamed. I guess the players to some degree are to blame, but I just feel sad for the them. Them and the Cameroonian people of course.

I really hope they manage to solve their problems, get their act together and once again bring joy and pride to the Cameroonian people in particular and to Africa in general.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sad for Cameroon

Post by Coach »

There comes a time in life when one must call all the stately sentors and expert embezzelers into the den, lock the gate and unleash the lions. Cameroon need to bludgeon, to death, any remnants of old, reduce all to rubble and rebuild with a common goal and identity.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

belloumi wrote:It’s painful to watch proud lions being tamed. I guess the players to some degree are to blame, but I just feel sad for the them. Them and the Cameroonian people of course.

I really hope they manage to solve their problems, get their act together and once again bring joy and pride to the Cameroonian people in particular and to Africa in general.
:agree:
-Simpli fy -
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

What I don't get is why not get all those guys who played for IL's 82-90 involved in the set up of the current IL's? Teach these guys about pride and playing for the shirt. It really is sad to see what the IL's have been reduced to in 2014.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Excellent last point Gudo. I ironically can bring up Croatia in this context. We rode the 1998 golden generation, which proved to be a mistake. Guys like Suker and Stimac and even old coach Blazevic hurt the NT program in the long run. They hung on too long.

Why? They were from a generation of the old mentality. Nepotism. Corruption. Big manism.

We fired Stimac before the WC playoff against Iceland. The Croatian FA is undergoing a rehaul. The powers that be realized that we needed it badly. We hired former player Niko Kovac, whom was born and raised in Germany with his brother Robert, but both opted to play for Croatia.

Their German mentality has maximized what could have been done with an utterly down and out team in 9 months or so. Kovac brought in professional trainers. I've been told they monitor the players, using mobile and tracking devices, making them submit fitness tests, especially after club release. Trust me, this was new to us.

Work is also being done to clean up the league. Too many young players were sold early for the $$$. Again, the old guard has been cleaned out. Stimac and co were harshly condemned and seriously kicked out in disgrace.

I've never seen a Croatian team so fit and prepared. Ironically, it gave us an immense advantage over a Cameroon squad that looked like us 9 months ago. In fact, there was a fist fight in the locker between Simunic and another player after a WC qualifier. Funny, right?

I might be wrong, but my sense is that Eto did a lot of damage to Cameroon. Again, he is that old style big man mentality. He led a revolt. Right or wrong, it did damage on the eve of the WC. It also seems he has a lot of influence in other ways.

Maybe like Croatia, Cameroon needs to bring in Cameroonians who have been raised in the West? That is ultimately what Kovac is and the type of person he is bringing in. We're doing it in the FA, coaching, even players. For example, Rakitic was born and raised in Switzerland, but plays for Croatia.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?