[GRP D] URU 2 {Suarez} V ENG 1 {Rooney} (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP D] URU 2 {Suarez} V ENG 1 {Rooney} (2H)

Post by bamenda boy »

cito us wrote:From 3 lions to 3 kittens.
Indomitable Lions to little Whiny Kitten.
This World Cup sweet no be small.
Super Eagles to super eagusi. :twisted:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP D] URU 2 {Suarez} V ENG 1 {Rooney} (FT)

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Coach wrote:@Ugly, the untorn slips remain Benzema golden boot, Emenike golden boot, France world champions. Emmanuel was supposed to chop hat trick vs Iran, instead he wan barge players a like the main market barrow boy minus the uzo uzo!!! If none of the above come through, reckleness will be the charge and one will bet on a successful conviction. Film tricked.
shoot! lol! what were the odds on the Emenike golden boot? :D
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

20/1...ordinary Iran and e be like say Ayatollah Baresi dey for field. Cowards.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

If England qualify with two defeats...tufiakwah!!!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Coach wrote:20/1...ordinary Iran and e be like say Ayatollah Baresi dey for field. Cowards.

"But Iran did not come to play and they had all ten men behind the ball..."
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

bamenda boy wrote:
charlie wrote:Someone explain how England gets 5 mins and Cameroon barely got 4 mins>?
Make God no punish you. So 4 -0 was not a disgrace enough for you? :curse:

Please watch your language, This is a praying site. Now get on your knees and ask for forgiveness.
-Simpli fy -
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

ohsee wrote:Whatever the case, game lived up to cracking expectations, and I WISH I HAD BEEN ABLE TO GET A TICKET!!!!! :mad:
Whatever you think about Suarez--and people should shut up with that racism thing--the bobo is a striker and half. Our useless forwards should do well to copy. In spite of all the tight marking the Ingerlunders gave him, he still managed to break free to score. When do Brazil have to meet Uru? I am sure that with every Uruguay win, every Brazilian is rushing to the bathroom to ba nshi oku (ask your Igbo friends) Brazilians know Uruguay to be their worst nighmare, and visions of 1950 will be dancing in their heads as they sit on the throne. :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep hate him or love him but Suarez shows that positioning is what makes a world class striker not just running feverishly up and down. That first goal he ran right through two English defenders to set himself to bury a header. For the second he was on the left shoulder of the last defender who had absolutely no idea where he was and he knew he had enough time to get close enough to fire the unstoppable rocket.

That is a world class striker. Same with Van Persie's positioning, Robben's positioning.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Coach wrote:If England qualify with two defeats...tufiakwah!!!
Hmm you may just wanna place a bet on that :D would be so sad if they did though.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mmeny wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:
anointed wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Hart should be saving that!! Sometimes you need your goalkeeper to make a super save!!! He just had to stay big there.
Save wetin?
Lol. U dey mind am. Intense bullet. He did well to move an inch.
Looks like many never played the game seriously before....they think strikers gently stroke the ball at keepers.
The most vocal ones on SE, have never played any competitive games before in their lives.
Of course I've never played a world cup game before and against world class strikers but I've played in competitive games as a goalkeeper and I'm not saying it is an easy save but the great goalkeepers come up with saves like that and I've saved hot shots before with everything - face, torso - everything!!!
In your co-ed league abi :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Dude it is not definitive that if he did what you just said the ball still won't have found the back of the net

Silver:
I also kept goal competitively (college), and was not bad at it. I saved hot shots from close range, and also conceded my fair share. I faced those who thought they were strikers, and faced those who KNEW they were strikers. A striker of Suarez's caliber will only miss such a goal by their own fault or miscalculation. Conversely, a GK will only save such a shot from such a quality striker by being lucky/successfully gambling.

A striker running at you full speed with the ball, at close range holds ALL the aces. Kinda like PKs. Anything a good GK does in that situation is an intelligent gamble, but a gamble nonetheless! Suarez is an assassin. After firing at you at close range, as a KG, you stand up, go and pick the ball from your net and shake your head.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

E do English fans like film trick.Liverpool should thank their God how they land such a world class striker
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So upon the benching of Moses and toure for pool, england got eliminated first.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

So sad for England. Just a pity they still have some kind of mental block in these tournaments. This upcoming generation will change that, I'm very sure.

On a side note, these yeye Chelsea groupies, like PaJ, are blaming Hart and Gerrard as if they caused the goal. They deliberately failed to notice that Cahill allowed Suarez a yard that turned out to be a devastating mistake. Cahill was as culpable, if not more, for that goal. Gerrard only had an unfortunate bounce of his head in an attempt to block Cavani's header.

The English will get it right with time.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Cally wrote:So sad for England. Just a pity they still have some kind of mental block in these tournaments. This upcoming generation will change that, I'm very sure.

On a side note, these yeye Chelsea groupies, like PaJ, are blaming Hart and Gerrard as if they caused the goal. They deliberately failed to notice that Cahill allowed Suarez a yard that turned out to be a devastating mistake. Cahill was as culpable, if not more, for that goal. Gerrard only had an unfortunate bounce of his head in an attempt to block Cavani's header.

Bros, most countries will win the world cup one day, one day. The question is, will it happen today or in the year 26,514?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:Whatever the case, game lived up to cracking expectations, and I WISH I HAD BEEN ABLE TO GET A TICKET!!!!! :mad:
Whatever you think about Suarez--and people should shut up with that racism thing--the bobo is a striker and half. Our useless forwards should do well to copy. In spite of all the tight marking the Ingerlunders gave him, he still managed to break free to score. When do Brazil have to meet Uru? I am sure that with every Uruguay win, every Brazilian is rushing to the bathroom to ba nshi oku (ask your Igbo friends) Brazilians know Uruguay to be their worst nighmare, and visions of 1950 will be dancing in their heads as they sit on the throne. :D
Prof., Uruguay is a different team with Suarez.

It affects how you line up and how you play them.

Funny thing is that folks who went on and on about how we couldn't beat common Uruguay without Emenike, Moses and Onazi can now see that they are not easy customers with Suarez playing...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:

Funny thing is that folks who went on and on about how we couldn't beat common Uruguay without Emenike, Moses and Onazi can now see that they are not easy customers with Suarez playing...
They also see we couldn't beat common Iran WITH Emenike, Moses and Onazi. :P
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

tmex12 wrote:How come Milner has not been used?
Henderson is better :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Id!ot Hodgson bought the Liverpool hype.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so will the English club or league bar Suarez from coming to epl?
I remember, or read, at 2002 wc a player was fired on the spot by club owner for beating Italy national team and barred from returning to Italy :???: :laugh:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Over the 2 games England played well, however, they lack the world class striker........
Oh well, the national team will be back home before their fans postcards.....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cellular wrote:

They defended better against England but I'm sure that's all on Suarez.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Silver:
I also kept goal competitively (college), and was not bad at it. I saved hot shots from close range, and also conceded my fair share. I faced those who thought they were strikers, and faced those who KNEW they were strikers. A striker of Suarez's caliber will only miss such a goal by their own fault or miscalculation. Conversely, a GK will only save such a shot from such a quality striker by being lucky/successfully gambling.

A striker running at you full speed with the ball, at close range holds ALL the aces. Kinda like PKs. Anything a good GK does in that situation is an intelligent gamble, but a gamble nonetheless! Suarez is an assassin. After firing at you at close range, as a KG, you stand up, go and pick the ball from your net and shake your head.
:thumb:
Kpom! Chief Doctor has spoken! Nothing more to add.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

wanaj0 wrote:England going home! I blame Keshi and GEJ for this :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
What about Uruguay that are not going home....yet? And what happens when they eventually have to go home? Who gets the blame on either occasions?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cally wrote:So sad for England. Just a pity they still have some kind of mental block in these tournaments. This upcoming generation will change that, I'm very sure.

Ehem i dont think it was Cahill although it was Cahill who reacted quickest of all the defenders. Surarez peeled off the left shoulder of Jaglieka, who did not even know that Suarez had used him for sushi. The yard in space you saw was because Cahil was chasing a lost cause. If Jaglieka had been aware of what was going on around him, he would have spotted Suarez playing monkey in the shadow with him.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Riche007 wrote:
tmex12 wrote:How come Milner has not been used?
Henderson is better :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Id!ot Hodgson bought the Liverpool hype.
IF he had played Milner....people would be shouting Henderson is better..like Ebenezer Obey sang, there is nothing you can do to satisfy people. Henderson had a better season than Milner..i have heard Milner called all manner of names from donkey to a Carmel. The question is did Henderson do enough to be on the field? If yes ..then people should let the case go.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho