Greece Midfielder threatens to fly home...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Greece Midfielder threatens to fly home...

Post by platinum »

...BECAUSE

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -world-cup
The Greece midfielder Giannis Maniatis was so enraged after a training ground spat that he booked a himself on a flight back to Athens before being persuaded not to walk out on Fernando Santos’s squad.

The versatile midfielder was so infuriated by the standard of crosses delivered by Giorgos Tzavellas in a training exercise that he confronted his team-mate and capped a heated exchange with: “What are you on about? This is not Paok.” The players then had to be separated.

On returning to the team hotel, Maniatis demanded that Santos act on what happened but the Greece coach said that such incidents were bound to occur where there is passion and strong effort.

That further enraged Maniatis who then threatened to walk out on Greece before cooling down in his room at the behest of his team-mates. A few hours later they were both on their way to Natal where Greece face Japan on Thursday.
My belle wan tear :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: Greece Midfielder threatens to fly home...

Post by soothsayer »

Hey its serious business...

He might as well get his frustrations out there in training and sort the issue out now before going into
the match. Funny thing though, its the coach that has ultimate responsibility for inviting players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

If he was on the pitch when Obi was shooting pigeons and Ambrose was doing outside of the boot curly big toes, he would've declared a one man referendum mandating Nigeria be sold to the lowest bidder on eBay, no refund.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The truth is some players take the World Cup more serious than others. The guy must have felt his colleague was just having fun at the expense of the other 22 players. Am sure it won't happen again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what business do we Nigerians have with Greece? they are not in our grp.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He should wait until after the 3games
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mcal wrote:...what business do we Nigerians have with Greece? they are not in our grp.

Guy the name of the forum na 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil...

If you no been get wetin add, you for waka comot abi?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

platinum wrote:
mcal wrote:...what business do we Nigerians have with Greece? they are not in our grp.

....and the forum is Nigeria, and our bizness na grp matches
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mcal wrote:
platinum wrote:

Na true. You win, mek we delete the departure lounge, the epl threads and every none SE related thread right now now like samanja marching the troops.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

platinum wrote:
mcal wrote:
platinum wrote:

Na true. You win, mek we delete the departure lounge, the epl threads and every none SE related thread right now now like samanja marching the troops.
:biggrin: :sneaky:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Hey Tzavellas, u are not training with the SE nah
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I like this player!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Practice pitch spat happens all the time. It's part of the game. I engaged in quite a few of those during my time.

At least, they kept to the practice pitch. Unlike stupid Africans, they are not fighting each other in front of the whole world and in front of their opponents.
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer