[GRP D] ITA 0 V CRC 1 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP D] ITA 0 V CRC 1 (FT)

Post by Kneedeep »

Trick question: How did Nigeria score the first goal against Italy?

Disclaimer: One time is an insignificant statistical sample and everything Nigerian is due to luck, juju, or God. Also, crossing or changing wings on a packed defense , especially if the back line is not so mobile, is in the level 1 internet coach course
Advocating rational thought since 1987
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Coach wrote:If its not Iranian Ayatollahs its global warming. Comical. This was a tactical triumph by a thinking coach. Junior Diaz, solid performance, there are many who need to watch his display vs Abate, Candreva, Insigne, all the while fizzing in fabulous crosses. Nonsense.
Excuse is the order of the day for Nigerians. And I agree it is comical. The same Italy that went to Brasil last year for CONFED CUP, advantage for them. Yet it is Costa Rica who that had advantage due to weather? Ain't that som'ng?!
Opakslinzo, even guys who are in Brazil like the ESPN analysts, guys who have played at the highest level of the game said as much...

I know you don't travel.... :taunt: but CR is very hot and humid... and the humidity where this game was played was 70%. The credit goes to CR coach using the elements to their advantage.

When you go offsides 11 times = mental fatigue as a result of physical exhaustion.

When you refuse to run when you are chasing a game = physical exhaustion.

I don't expect most people on this site to look at why certains occurred a certain way... it will be too much to ask.
I expected you to come out like this. So what happened to Ecuador? Are they not in South America? How come Switzerland defeated them in that hot temperature? What happened to Algeria? Is it hotter in Belgium than Algeria? Did Italy not play there last year? Abi you wan make we bring out temperature at CONFED CUP games and compare am?
Opakslinzo, I am talking about today's game... and why a high flying Italy appeared lethargic. Meanwhile, Switzerland caught Ecuador on a counter after Ecuador missed a glorious chance at their own end... same with the Belgians against Algeria.

The elements can be an aid as well as a hinderance...

70% humidity is no where near 30% humidity.

When you travel to Costa Rica then you will understand why at 70% humidity and with the proper tactics, they will outlast Italy.
GSM, 'Weather' the game is played in 70% humidity or 30% humidity the outcome of the game greatly depends on the preparation and tactics. With all the opaks yarns you put above, weather was not the reason Italy didn't convert their chances. Give kudos to CRC for doing a great job and stop blaming the weather.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Don't forget Honduras lost to France in this so called weather. It is BS. When a giant is taken down by minnows it is the weather. I mean it is as if one team is human the other one is not. Opaks!
Brazil just like the US is a country with varying temperature...

Buffalo is as hot as say Florida or Mississippi or Texas or as humid as DC?

Kai!
And Italy is not? And Costa Rica is not?

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Guys, even Croatia has extremely hot and extremely cold weather.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

I am not sure how the weather factor will affect teams, but I think that the weather might hurt teams later in the competition and not after 1 or 2 games.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:Guys, even Croatia has extremely hot and extremely cold weather.

Cheers, Mate
What the President of Opaks yarners, Celluloid, is saying is that European teams have won the WC because the weather favored them. If that is not the height of opaks then I don't know what is. :rotf:

***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:
Coach wrote:Meteorologists forecasting anomalous cloud dispersals tomorrow evening, a consequence of revolutionary free radicals storming the stratosphere like Rasputinian rabble rousers. Behold the summer solstice, scorching temperatures and a distinctive absence of petroleum produced benzene compounds stripping the air of its density, fortuitous serendipity for the oil averse Herzegovinians. Nonsense, pull your finger out, think it through and get the bloody result.

Coach, the Croatians acquitted themselves well in the heat. We outran Cameroon. We ran with Brazil. I think we can run with Mexico.

It's remarkable really. Not from a physical, but rather from a team cultural point of view. We don't normally train to standard physically. But see what happens when we do.

Even white men can apparently run in the heat.

:)

Cheers, Mate
I will sure hope you will outrun a 10 man Cameroon.

BTW, I did not say they can't run in the heat... point is that they are not at their optimal performance in the heat and humidity. And did not adjust their tactics to account for the harsh conditions...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote:Guys, even Croatia has extremely hot and extremely cold weather.

Cheers, Mate
What the President of Opaks yarners, Celluloid, is saying is that European teams have won the WC because the weather favored them. If that is not the height of opaks then I don't know what is. :rotf:
Where did I say what you alleged I said?

What I said, was the weather influenced the lackadaisical display and the number of offsides the Italians entered.

If you don't account for the influence of the weather when considering your tactics you will not perform at your peak.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Europe lost? Wow!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The funniest bit about this was even AFTER England lost yesterday, many of them were still talking of how they think England can still sneak in by beating Costa Rica :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

mate wrote:The temperature thing is BS.

A number of you have met me. I'm your typical white phenotype and have no problem in the heat. I grew up on the east coast, playing football. You can train up to heat & humidity. I still run in 80 - 90 degree weather at work in Palo Alto.

I'll say it again: check out FIFA game stats on distances covered. White boy Bradley ran 12km, out distancing every other American and Ghanian in a game where the average was high. So please, enough with the heat factor.

The major factor is the South American cultural & fan factor. South American teams perform better with fan support. So do European teams, explaining to some degree why they've won the most WCs. Keep in mind...this is the 1st WC in South America since 1978.

Cheers, Mate
The heat/weather factor is a lame excuse. Brazil does not have uniform weather. Some parts are very hot, some are perfect for football, others are very cool.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Every country in this tournament, outside of maybe England, Germany, Switzerland, France - experiences extremely warm weather at some point. Heat is not an excuse and if you insist that it is, then maybe we should just cool every stadium in every country like Qatar plans to.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cellular wrote:
Coach wrote:If you haven't the players, level the field tactically, instead of plucking feathers out of the peacock's derriere all the while oiling up your own to take a humdingering. A tactically superb display from a thinking team.
70% humidity? Perfect for Costa Rica...
Is that why they were not awarded a penalty they deserved?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...heat heat and heat. Wait when they get to Qatar they'll all be dropping like flies.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Now I see why they are fighting tooth and nail to get the WC moved from Qatar :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.