Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: Cyberspace
Watchoo think about Africa today, huh?

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28648
So bia as I asked already what about Europe. Bosnia is gone!!

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 28648
Guv007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Guv007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
I am laughing. Why not ask what is wrong with Spain, England, Portugal, Italy? Stop putting down a continent of people.


Keep laughing, 3 of those Countries have won the WC and one more than twice, they main also develop and have a better resemblance of a development programme and Leagues as well. We should be comparing ourselves with others but ask why is African football not developing as a whole.


So why did they mess up in 2014? Are they regressing especially the one that only won when it was hosted on their own land?



So why are we regressing since our last best WC outing in 1998?


Well son, 2 games played, 1 win, 1 draw. Are we still regressing?

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 5085
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
This same discussion was had after the dismal outing of 2010 and why am I not surprised we are having the same discussion again in 2014. The problem starts from what is evident on this board, there are no less than 20 topics a day on the EPL, La Liga or Serie A but one lonely thread on the Nigerian league which does not get updated for days sometimes weeks. Like Nanijoe rightly stated you reap what you sow, from Kenya to Nigeria from Uganda to Ghana the cities are crowded with viewing centers were Africans are glued to the European leagues and they know all Man U and Chelsea players by name but the local stadium is empty and nobody cares about all the Youth competitions that once produced the Stephen Keshi's and Nwankwo Kanu's.

It's back to basics folks, insist on making the local league work , revive the youth competitions and hold the FA accountable no more excuses. They don't earn much more in Costa Rica or Colombia than in many African countries but that have vibrant local leagues and functioning FA's. Why is a man like Issa Hayatou the life president of CAF? We can work to change this or continue to depend on a few big men in Chelsea and Man City and be disappointed every four years the choice is really ours.



Kpom. No more to add.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 37240
When African player come home to play, they are doing the country a favor, some of the things I see these guys do in the national colours they rarely do when playing for their clubs.
I see array of talents, but the manner of mistakes on parade and the lapses on show is sad. People will say what about the European teams going home, well they made the same mistakes hence they are leaving early. 4 years down the road the same mistakes would be on parade while other teams would have addressed the issue.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 39309
kamerun1 wrote:
with no answers. This is a team that has no single player I repeat NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER individually better than those of Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana and Algeria yet they are able to get out of a group comprising England, Italy and Uruguay. Could an African team do the same? Absolutely Not! Forget even about qualifying with 6 points, no African team out of the 5 Ive named would get 4 points in that same group. Again whats wrong with us I ask? Why are we so scared of others? Why do we have such a complex when you even call the names of average football nations like Colombia, Croatia, USA, Mexico etc... not to talk of the top ones. Do we need psychologists rather than coaches....I feel we do! The only time Cameroon reached the QF of a WC the coach was a completely unknown Russian dude who did nothing prior and never succeeded elsewhere after that. It was due in large part to the psych and spirit of the players. We vent everyday that our problem is the lack of good coaches. My brothers I dont think thats our main problem. Costa Rica doesnt have a Mourinho or Van Gal. What miracle has Capello performed with Russia? Football IMO is 75% in the head the other 25% is organization, coaching etc...



Don't judge every African team through Cameroon lens.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 16881
Location: Cyberspace
You should be asking what is wrong with Europeans. They have heard wien in dis tournament, and it neva even start sef.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 43419
That's not true. They have several very good players

kamerun1 wrote:
with no answers. This is a team that has no single player I repeat NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER individually better than those of Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana and Algeria yet they are able to get out of a group comprising England, Italy and Uruguay. Could an African team do the same? Absolutely Not! Forget even about qualifying with 6 points, no African team out of the 5 Ive named would get 4 points in that same group. Again whats wrong with us I ask? Why are we so scared of others? Why do we have such a complex when you even call the names of average football nations like Colombia, Croatia, USA, Mexico etc... not to talk of the top ones. Do we need psychologists rather than coaches....I feel we do! The only time Cameroon reached the QF of a WC the coach was a completely unknown Russian dude who did nothing prior and never succeeded elsewhere after that. It was due in large part to the psych and spirit of the players. We vent everyday that our problem is the lack of good coaches. My brothers I dont think thats our main problem. Costa Rica doesnt have a Mourinho or Van Gal. What miracle has Capello performed with Russia? Football IMO is 75% in the head the other 25% is organization, coaching etc...

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15052
Scipio Africanus wrote:
You should be asking what is wrong with Europeans. They have heard wien in dis tournament, and it neva even start sef.



Well, I can tell you that I've been asking that question a lot. About Croatians. What's wrong with us?

I have no answer.

So I just get some cold ones, continue watching, and enjoy good football!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers, Mate

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45390
YUJAM wrote:
That's not true. They have several very good players

kamerun1 wrote:
with no answers. This is a team that has no single player I repeat NOT ONE SINGLE PLAYER individually better than those of Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana and Algeria yet they are able to get out of a group comprising England, Italy and Uruguay. Could an African team do the same? Absolutely Not! Forget even about qualifying with 6 points, no African team out of the 5 Ive named would get 4 points in that same group. Again whats wrong with us I ask? Why are we so scared of others? Why do we have such a complex when you even call the names of average football nations like Colombia, Croatia, USA, Mexico etc... not to talk of the top ones. Do we need psychologists rather than coaches....I feel we do! The only time Cameroon reached the QF of a WC the coach was a completely unknown Russian dude who did nothing prior and never succeeded elsewhere after that. It was due in large part to the psych and spirit of the players. We vent everyday that our problem is the lack of good coaches. My brothers I dont think thats our main problem. Costa Rica doesnt have a Mourinho or Van Gal. What miracle has Capello performed with Russia? Football IMO is 75% in the head the other 25% is organization, coaching etc...
...they may lack talents but have abundant psychological belief.
Some teams/players will shudder at bare mention of a country or certain player.
Same thing for the USA and Mexico teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 45390
Cristao II wrote:
Africa's problem is simple. The pool of good players at senior level. We need to have good economies and good strong leagues back home then we can do better at senior level.
...kpom! and have them play weekly together or against each other, instead of arrive a week to tournament from all corners of the globe.
I know people will say how about England and Spain with all their players together in one league. Well, for England they have foreign psycho problem, for Spain they simply met their Waterloo :woot:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group