[GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (FT)

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (FT)

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.
Where do educated people draw up this type of asinine comparisons?

:blink: :blink: :bored:
They do it by thinking.

with their heads I might add.

not their derrieres...
You are the one thinking out of your derriere. Always quick to denigrate Naijaria and Naijarians as if you are the only smart Naijarian.

What has a soccer/football game have to do with someone saying Naijarians justify Armed Robbery and compare it with shooting in NY?

We played poorly against Iran... Iran was also able to make a more talented Argentina play poorly against them... but no, it is because Naijaria and Argentina were poor not because Iran had anything to do with it...
Argentina did not play as well as they can and their talent suggest.

Nigeria on the other hand played abysmally poorly...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.

Chief, come again pls! This is CE! Remember the mighty Americans can't bring back the girls, which justifies our government...cellular
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Okocha10 wrote:
zee wrote:
Okocha10 wrote:Long Live Positive Football.

........................and Refs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that support it :clap: :clap:
One missed Call did not define this game! :laugh:
I know :mrgreen: ......just like our 'stolen' goal against Iran, never decided that match.

Anyway, I am not complaining..........................long live this great..............

Man :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSI!

Wow!
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
I couldn't have said it better!
Of course you couldn't have said it better... who ever JUSTIFIES armed robbery?

Equating crime with playing poorly in a football tournament? Is that the height of your desperation to make a point?

Take your &^%$ing complex and shove it.

Couldn't have said it better... Shooting in NY is an indictment on the US government or Commissioner of police, mayor of NYC or governor of NY?

You cant analyze two separate concepts without farthing?

:???: :???:

Will do as soon as you don't find the most inane things to use to disparage Naijaria.

Here come the super patriots!

Tomorrow when I insult you back, u will complain txj always insults people!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 V IRN 0 (2H)

Post by Kneedeep »

Aswani wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:Class Vs Fatigue= no contest

Good game!
Where was this class for the previous 90 odd minutes. It was no contest all right, the Iranians were much more organised.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP F] ARG 1 {Messi} V IRN 0 (2H)

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.
Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...
They couldnt attack due to the same way Keshi set up his team. Had they tried it, we'd have caught them on the counter.

You realize they completed more passes in the last third than Nigeria?

They couldn't attack cus they did not play as well on the counter as they did today...
The few times they tried in the first half, they ran into a brick wall. Efe Ambrose was a problem for them especially. They couldn't go thru the middle where Mikel & Onazi stationed. Hence Vincent had nothing to do.
Yet they completed more passes in the last 3rd;

Probably had the best chance in the game
Correction. They only had one shot on target the entire game and that was from a corner kick. Vincent otherwise had nothing to do. They tried to probe but decided to settle for a point. Why? They were afraid we'd hit them on the counter. They rarely came out of their shell because the few times they dated they couldn't near our goalie. Had we lacked positional discipline defensively they'd have kept Vincent busy as they did the Argie gk.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

They do it by thinking.

with their heads I might add.

not their derrieres...
You are the one thinking out of your derriere. Always quick to denigrate Naijaria and Naijarians as if you are the only smart Naijarian.

What has a soccer/football game have to do with someone saying Naijarians justify Armed Robbery and compare it with shooting in NY?

We played poorly against Iran... Iran was also able to make a more talented Argentina play poorly against them... but no, it is because Naijaria and Argentina were poor not because Iran had anything to do with it...
Nigeria did not play as well as they can and their talent suggest.

Argentina on the other hand played abysmally poorly...
Fixed it for you my brother.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Both teams were tactically sheeeeeeeet vs Iran.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coaching is about finding solutions to problems and using your resources the best possible way.

Look how Queiroz, ridiculed on this site during CHAN, has used the limited abilities of his players...

That's what needs to be celebrated about Iran, not to use it as justification for Nigeria's and Keshi's poor performance.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

France now 10/1, that's a fifty percent loss from last week.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:Coaching is about finding solutions to problems and using your resources the best possible way.

Look how Queiroz, ridiculed on this site during CHAN, has used the limited abilities of his players...

That's what needs to be celebrated about Iran, not to use it as justification for Nigeria's and Keshi's poor performance.
:clap: Correct. Tonight, Keshi will come good tonight, he has to, success is the only option, failure's not.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.
Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...
They couldnt attack due to the same way Keshi set up his team. Had they tried it, we'd have caught them on the counter.

You realize they completed more passes in the last third than Nigeria?

They couldn't attack cus they did not play as well on the counter as they did today...
The few times they tried in the first half, they ran into a brick wall. Efe Ambrose was a problem for them especially. They couldn't go thru the middle where Mikel & Onazi stationed. Hence Vincent had nothing to do.
Yet they completed more passes in the last 3rd;

Probably had the best chance in the game
Correction. They only had one shot on target the entire game and that was from a corner kick. Vincent otherwise had nothing to do. They tried to probe but decided to settle for a point. Why? They were afraid we'd hit them on the counter. They rarely came out of their shell because the few times they dated they couldn't near our goalie. Had we lacked positional discipline defensively they'd have kept Vincent busy as they did the Argie gk.
They were more efficient in possession vs Argentina, and far more disciplined and efficient in their structure in the non-possession phase.

There was practically nothing we did well in that game. We need to consign it into the scrap heap and look to do better tonight...

Even when we had the opportunity to counter, and there were opportunities, we executed poorly...

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

A win against Bosnia and the pundits will start giving credit to the players....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Chief, come again pls! This is CE! Remember the mighty Americans can't bring back the girls, which justifies our government...cellular
Bros, the "I could have done it better crew", suggested incompetence on behalf of the Naijarian gomment. One would think that the better gomment with more resources would do it better.

Iran played a better team with better personnel than Naijaria...

Did they look any better than Naijaria? But we must always find ways to denigrate Naijaria or the efforts of other Naijarian under the pretext that we are "keeping it real" or somn.

Giving your opponent credit is not beneath us... one should assume?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...when a team cheats it's way corwad they get punished next. Wat h out guys, the Argues will be humiliated 2nd round.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
I couldn't have said it better!
Of course you couldn't have said it better... who ever JUSTIFIES armed robbery?

Equating crime with playing poorly in a football tournament? Is that the height of your desperation to make a point?

Take your &^%$ing complex and shove it.

Couldn't have said it better... Shooting in NY is an indictment on the US government or Commissioner of police, mayor of NYC or governor of NY?

You cant analyze two separate concepts without farthing?

:???: :???:

Will do as soon as you don't find the most inane things to use to disparage Naijaria.

Here come the super patriots!

Tomorrow when I insult you back, u will complain txj always insults people!
Point one insult in what I wrote to you.

ONE!

You on the other hand implied I am incapable of analyzing two separate concepts without farthing...

In what village or planet is that a compliment?

But you are the one to first accuse me of insulting you?

Are you for real?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chingo Bling wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
African Star wrote:I think Iran has shown the SE how to beat Argentina but can they capitalize?
We can't play like Iran to beat Argentina. We don't have the personnel to execute such.
Oh,
First we don't have the personnel to attack now it's this? Ok Oh!
According to you our players are average, guess what so are the Iranians.
A group of well coached average players can do what Costa Rica and co do.
Iran is higher ranked that Nigeria. FACT!

I know that we have players better than Messi plus Ronaldo combined.

The Iranians are average players and they played to their strength. We believe that our players.

A group of well coached Iranians could not beat an average and poorly coached SE :taunt: What an indictment on Carlos Quieroz :taunt: :taunt:

A group of well coached and world class players can do what Spain and England just did :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Argentine Babatunde tried.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

txj wrote:Coaching is about finding solutions to problems and using your resources the best possible way.

That's what needs to be celebrated about Iran, not to use it as justification for Nigeria's and Keshi's poor performance

co-signs
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

:thumbs:
That is what coaching is all about. Not every team will have a Messi, but a coach needs to maximize the strengths of his players and minimize the weaknesses. Queiroz did that with Iran.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

goke313 wrote:Image
The great Messi...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...