Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41109
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:
Said it again, nigeria should have beaten iran!!!!


Oh hush it....


It takes a special play by the best player in the world and we should have beaten Iran?


Delusional natives...

It's not about the best players, it's about teams.

You natives sha! :lol:


Laff at yourself...


Messi, the best player in the world beats Iran in injury time and you are opening your mouth?



Sorry, I forgot you are TheYeyeman... carry on! :arrow: :arrow:

It's not about the best players, it's about the team - according to you. And our team couldn't defeat Iran but the best player could.

Your logic sha. :lol:


Engaging in Yeyerism yet again... the TEAM gave Iran a fighting chance against Argentina.

It took a non PK call and the extraordinary display by the best player in the world to beat them in injury time... yet you spout your rubbish...

It took a Messi...

I know we have players comparable to Messi...

Engaging with the tortured logic of the Cellulamati again..

If Nigeria had played like Argentina had done today there'd still be complaints but it's unlikely those complaints would come from all quarters like they have done.

Anyway, we get Michael "Messi" Babatunde. Not one of the players in the squad, hell, not even one of the best players outside the squad, but it's all about the team.... unless you're Argentina, in which case it's about the best players. :thumb:

You have one kine logic. :lol:


Best Player not Players... Messi is the World's best player... he showed why he is the world best player. Yet he waited until the 91st minute to show his brilliance.

For 90+ minutes they were clueless...

Messi magic suddenly makes your opinion tenable?

Negro puhleeze.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26681
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


I couldn't have said it better!

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 913
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.

abject failure ke? Justifying armed robbery?
Iran are a good team, you can only do so much against those teams. At no point did you think Argentina were pummelling them, talkless us that we have all assumed isn't as good as Argentina.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:49 am
Posts: 4532
Location: Bora Bora
zee wrote:
Okocha10 wrote:
Long Live Positive Football.



........................and Refs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that support it :clap: :clap:


One missed Call did not define this game! :laugh:

_________________
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41109
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


Where do educated people draw up this type of asinine comparisons?

:blink: :blink: :bored:

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:10 pm
Posts: 8764
Thats twice Messi has saved the Argentina hide..
They are obviously not playing well...

_________________
Image
"The only thing we have to Fear is Fear itself"
- quote from F.D.R (1933) first Inaugural address

-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:01 am
Posts: 1261
Cellular wrote:
Queiroz, "two personalities made the difference, the referee and Lionel Messi".



Nothing more to add.

KPOM! Referee killed Iran

_________________
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26681
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Very poor from Argentina coach, Sabella



But he did know how a Carlos Quieroz team would play?

No? :roll:



Again everybody and their grandma knew how Iran would play from a year ago!

He Sabella did some things right, but far more wrong, esp given the talent at his disposal!

Why is it so hard to concede we were poor against Iran; that Keshi was poor in that game?


We were poor against Iran... my point has always been that the opponent had a huge role in us being crap.

But Argentina inspite of better personnel and a game tape on Iran did not look any better.

Maybe you can give Iran some credit, even if reluctantly.



I started by giving credit to Iran. I even went to the extent of saying they might have beaten Nigeria if they had played this well against us.

argentina looked far better than Nigeria. They just did not play as well as u would expect, esp given their talent.

You are really special, with ur tortured logic!

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12744
Cellular wrote:
Best Player not Players... Messi is the World's best player... he showed why he is the world best player. Yet he waited until the 91st minute to show his brilliance.

For 90+ minutes they were clueless...

Messi magic suddenly makes your opinion tenable?

Negro puhleeze.

The goal posts shift as Cellulitis tries to make sense of his own logic. :D

PS: Argentina were not clueless for 90 mins. Clueless is lobbing an endless stream of long balls into the Iranian box with no reward. Keshi was clueless.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Cellular, Nov 16, 2017.
"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Last edited by The YeyeMan on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38931
Location: on the move
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:
Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.


Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...


They couldnt attack due to the same way Keshi set up his team. Had they tried it, we'd have caught them on the counter.



You realize they completed more passes in the last third than Nigeria?

They couldn't attack cus they did not play as well on the counter as they did today...


The few times they tried in the first half, they ran into a brick wall. Efe Ambrose was a problem for them especially. They couldn't go thru the middle where Mikel & Onazi stationed. Hence Vincent had nothing to do.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26681
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


Where do educated people draw up this type of asinine comparisons?

:blink: :blink: :bored:


They do it by thinking.

with their heads I might add.

not their derrieres...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 22517
Location: Ikeja
wanaj0 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
One thing is certain, this argentine team look ready to be taken if we get our attacking strategy right
:dream:


But Dzeko and Bosnia refused to take that same Argentine team :tic:

Maybe one day, una go gree that Iran is actually good in their own way!


They are good but it's still doesn't justified those aimless long balls

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26681
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:
Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.


Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...


They couldnt attack due to the same way Keshi set up his team. Had they tried it, we'd have caught them on the counter.



You realize they completed more passes in the last third than Nigeria?

They couldn't attack cus they did not play as well on the counter as they did today...


The few times they tried in the first half, they ran into a brick wall. Efe Ambrose was a problem for them especially. They couldn't go thru the middle where Mikel & Onazi stationed. Hence Vincent had nothing to do.


Yet they completed more passes in the last 3rd;

Probably had the best chance in the game

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41109
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
txj wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


I couldn't have said it better!


Of course you couldn't have said it better... who ever JUSTIFIES armed robbery?

Equating crime with playing poorly in a football tournament? Is that the height of your desperation to make a point?

Take your &^%$ing complex and shove it.

Couldn't have said it better... Shooting in NY is an indictment on the US government or Commissioner of police, mayor of NYC or governor of NY?

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19076
Location: Canada
wanaj0 wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


Same mentality that makes us not to acknowledge and recognise the effort of the opposition.

Iran is ranked higher than us to start with. They held mighty Argentina till injury time when individual brilliance of Messi made the difference. Dont forget that they had a penalty appeal that the referee refuse to call.

What has that got to do with the inability to cross the ball, many turnovers, individual play, inability to do the simple things like control the ball etc. Did Nigeria play like Argentina did today? But I guess a nil-nil result would have meant our performance was equal to that of argentina :roll: I think it's clear that Iran's efforts are being recognized. Our players have condemned their performance, our coaches have, we have, the pundits have, about everyone has. But now we want to justify that very same performance with this game, that's loser's mentality. I thought winning was everything, that's what u've always said, now you want to recognise performance without winning???

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:14 pm
Posts: 3984
wanaj0 wrote:
African Star wrote:
I think Iran has shown the SE how to beat Argentina but can they capitalize?


We can't play like Iran to beat Argentina. We don't have the personnel to execute such.


Oh,
First we don't have the personnel to attack now it's this? Ok Oh!
According to you our players are average, guess what so are the Iranians.
A group of well coached average players can do what Costa Rica and co do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41109
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


Where do educated people draw up this type of asinine comparisons?

:blink: :blink: :bored:


They do it by thinking.

with their heads I might add.

not their derrieres...


You are the one thinking out of your derriere. Always quick to denigrate Naijaria and Naijarians as if you are the only smart Naijarian.

What has a soccer/football game have to do with someone saying Naijarians justify Armed Robbery and compare it with shooting in NY?

We played poorly against Iran... Iran was also able to make a more talented Argentina play poorly against them... but no, it is because Naijaria and Argentina were poor not because Iran had anything to do with it...

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 2545
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
I knew the Argentina 'arse lickers' will be on parade on this thread bragging about this victory.
Iran today proved they are no pushovers, especially to those who expected a hattrick for Messi,
Di Maria, and co.
I would bet anything, that if Naija had won against Iran the way Argentina just did, these same moaners
will be saying the SE are crap. And this just shows how much these folks have been taken.

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 913
The YeyeMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Best Player not Players... Messi is the World's best player... he showed why he is the world best player. Yet he waited until the 91st minute to show his brilliance.

For 90+ minutes they were clueless...

Messi magic suddenly makes your opinion tenable?

Negro puhleeze.

The goal posts shift as Cellulitis tries to make sense of his own logic. :D

PS: Argentina were not clueless for 90 mins. Clueless is lobbing an endless stream of long balls into the Iranian box with no reward. Keshi was clueless.

Sabella was not clueless and neither was Keshi. The team they played is a finely tuned machine that played to their own strengths.
Notice the pattern, it can't be a coincidence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26681
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


I couldn't have said it better!


Of course you couldn't have said it better... who ever JUSTIFIES armed robbery?

Equating crime with playing poorly in a football tournament? Is that the height of your desperation to make a point?

Take your &^%$ing complex and shove it.

Couldn't have said it better... Shooting in NY is an indictment on the US government or Commissioner of police, mayor of NYC or governor of NY?



You cant analyze two separate concepts without farthing?

:???: :???:

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 19631
Location: NORTH AMERICA
The list of the poor Managers keeps growing: Bento, Keshi, Busquets, Hodgson and now Sabella. You got to applaud our resident experts :clap:

_________________
Call it moral relativism or whataboutism or false equivalence. So long as an atrocity is perpetrated by someone who’s said nice things about Donald Trump, it’s not really an atrocity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:21 pm
Posts: 3742
Location: The LORD'S House
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:
charlie wrote:
Many of us owe the Super Eagles a big apology. We rubbished their performance against Iran when in fact we should have given Iran credit for their disciplined and valiant defensive effort.


Nigeria was beyond poor vs Iran

I dare say that if Iran had played this way against Nigeria, they might have gotten more than a point...

pssstttt, we need some straws to clutch onto :lol:


Iran had nothing to do with it?


Both Naijaria and Argentina played poorly against them because both teams were bribed or fixed the match?

The difference is that Argentina had Messi...



The difference is they did enough to win the game, well b/4 the 91st minute!


Utter garbage. Argentina never unsettled Iran.

_________________
Image

Long Live King Obi!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 41109
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
felarey wrote:
Gotta be a loser to justify Nigeria's abject failure with this game. Knew I'll be reading this before coming here. It's the same mentality that justifies armed robbery in naija with a shooting in NY.


I couldn't have said it better!


Of course you couldn't have said it better... who ever JUSTIFIES armed robbery?

Equating crime with playing poorly in a football tournament? Is that the height of your desperation to make a point?

Take your &^%$ing complex and shove it.

Couldn't have said it better... Shooting in NY is an indictment on the US government or Commissioner of police, mayor of NYC or governor of NY?



You cant analyze two separate concepts without farthing?

:???: :???:



Will do as soon as you don't find the most inane things to use to disparage Naijaria.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group