Ghana 2 vs Germany 2.............let's go Ghana

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana 2 vs Germany 2.............let's go Ghana

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:Germany

This is not a complete tier 1 team. They simply cannot impose themselves enough when it matters. As I said before, I don't believe they have the witch player to do so...or the sum of the parts players to produce a heavy enough whole.

In my opinion, as of now of course, Holland is the only team showing this.

Remarkable WC so far. Fun. Entertaining.

Now it's off to Nigeria vs Bosnia!

:thumb: :thumbs: :woot:

I have few cold ones ready.

Cheers, Mate

Who is a tier 1 team?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Mate,

Germany is a tier 1 team. They have class at every position. However, they came against a determined opponent that also had quality and a strong TEAM.

Same thing with the Iran v Argentina game. This WC is unpredictable in every way.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

Jordan Ayew should be flogged. This mumu is selfish. he proabbly wanted to score since his bro had alreadly scored.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

This is not a complete tier 1 team. They simply cannot impose themselves enough when it matters. As I said before, I don't believe they have the witch player to do so...or the sum of the parts players to produce a heavy enough whole.

Cheers, Mate
Tier 1 team or not, this German team will probably make it to the semis. Germany, Italy and sometimes remind me of Nigeria at the ANC. No matter how crappy a Nigerian team is, we almost always make it to the Nations cup semi-finals beating quality once-in-a-generation teams from smaller African teams along the way. I think part of it is just mental. The expectation for Nigeria is that at a minimum we will be among the contenders for the cup regardless of the actual talent the team has. Germany has the same issue but at the world level.
Last edited by amafolas on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

REDSPYDA wrote:Jordan Ayew should be flogged. This mumu is selfish. he proabbly wanted to score since his bro had alreadly scored.
You guys should stop crucifying the lad. He put himself in a position to make that play on his own. Its a shame he didnt pass but thats what footie is all about. He is still growing and will learn from this experience. Strong showing by the Ghanaians even though I think they should have won that game
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

100%Naija wrote:
REDSPYDA wrote:Jordan Ayew should be flogged. This mumu is selfish. he proabbly wanted to score since his bro had alreadly scored.
You guys should stop crucifying the lad. He put himself in a position to make that play on his own. Its a shame he didnt pass but thats what footie is all about. He is still growing and will learn from this experience. Strong showing by the Ghanaians even though I think they should have won that game
you know a simple pass to an open Gyan would have earned them a historic victory right?
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

100%Naija wrote:

oga I can take it if he was in on goal.. They had numerical advantage with the defender shaded towards him a simple square pass.... even he had attempted the pass and the defender blocked it I would not crucify him.. But he cut inside and shot weakly. thats selfish.. great showing from Ghana though. Go super eagles
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

yannick wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
you know a simple pass to an open Gyan would have earned them a historic victory right?
That was already established however, he went for glory and failed. Had he scored the goal, we wouldnt be having this discussion now. Simple!
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cheers, Mate
Germany are a complete Tier 1 team. They just got exposed today against a very good team in Ghana.

Wha choo looking at?!
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

yannick wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

then the blame would go to Gyan for the miss. its the opportunity
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

juventuss wrote:Mate,

Germany is a tier 1 team. They have class at every position. However, they came against a determined opponent that also had quality and a strong TEAM.

Same thing with the Iran v Argentina game. This WC is unpredictable in every way.
Messi can break a game. I believe Holland has a few players who can step up and break a game. Neymar. Suarez. Balotelli. Pirlo.

I can't honestly name a German who gives his team such a threat. Again, this is going to matter when it comes to a knockout match against a tier 1 team.

I agree that Germany can probably make the semis. But the final or winning it? I just don't see it. They don't have a great player to make it happen.

I agree on the team concept. But you need that great player as well.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

REDSPYDA wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

oga I can take it if he was in on goal.. They had numerical advantage with the defender shaded towards him a simple square pass.... even he had attempted the pass and the defender blocked it I would not crucify him.. But he cut inside and shot weakly. thats selfish.. great showing from Ghana though. Go super eagles
My brother tell me, you wouldnt want a shot at Per Mertesacker 1 v 1 if you were an attacking player? The German defense is a strikers dream. Its like that nu-nu stuff. Bobo just wanted a piece of the action...i agree he should have passed, but the lad is young and went for glory. I'm sure he wont be making the same mistake any time soon.
REDSPYDA
Egg
Egg

Post by REDSPYDA »

100%Naija wrote:
REDSPYDA wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

My brother tell me, you wouldnt want a shot at Per Mertesacker 1 v 1 if you were an attacking player? The German defense is a strikers dream. Its like that nu-nu stuff. Bobo just wanted a piece of the action...i agree he should have passed, but the lad is young and went for glory. I'm sure he wont be making the same mistake any time soon.
I hear you a square would have Gyan 1 v 1 with Neuer better odds.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

100%Naija wrote:
REDSPYDA wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

Maybe in 4 years time.............his stupidity means that Ghana depends on teams(like England) to advance.
If the USA wins Portugal(a very big possibility) then is over for Ghana, 'cos Klinsmann will arrange a draw or allow Germany to win.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

100%Naija wrote:
this is the first time you've made sense in 6.5 years
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Germany is tier 1. If Germany is not tier 1 then who is?

After Ghana went to lead I thought they would win, but Germany brought in 2 tactical substitutions and the game could have gone either way.

The Black Stars will live to fight another day.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Of course Germany is not a first tier. They don't have players that can make a difference despite having the all time record holder for World Cup goals and the goal king of the last World Cup who is leading the scoring chart again.

But hey, Brazil has flashy neymar surrounded by Hulk and Fred, they sucked big time against Mexico, but they are first tier.
Italy just got beaten by Costa Rica, but still first tier.
Holland went home after the group stage at the last EURO, was beaten by Germany, but still first tier.
So is probably Argentina who were eliminated twice in a row by Germany with the all time goal king scoring in each of those games.

classic mate :thumb:

To the game: Amazing match of football.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

kofi86 wrote:Of course Germany is not a first tier. They don't have players that can make a difference despite having the all time record holder for World Cup goals and the goal king of the last World Cup who is leading the scoring chart again.

But hey, Brazil has flashy neymar surrounded by Hulk and Fred, they sucked big time against Mexico, but they are first tier.
Italy just got beaten by Costa Rica, but still first tier.
Holland went home after the group stage at the last EURO, was beaten by Germany, but still first tier.
So is probably Argentina who were eliminated twice in a row by Germany with the all time goal king scoring in each of those games.

classic mate :thumb:

To the game: Amazing match of football.
Our bro Mate cannot reconcile what he just saw with his opinions on Ghana based on the USA game (inaccurate btw). Ghana is a world class side that was extremely unfortunate to lose to the USA
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bornaguru
Egg
Egg

Post by bornaguru »

Ghana played well, should have won..lack of concerntration
Africans together lets work to regain our lost glory and status as the once sucessful and glorious people!
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

ghana did very well
but.........
at this level the finer points are what are lacking in the african teams
after going 2-1 up they should have ruthlessly finished any further chances that came there way- this is germany we are talking about who never give up
3-1 to ghana ,then u have an upset -jordan ayew should have gone for the more pragmatic option -even if gyan could not score -a centre could have resulted in an own goal /penalty
at this level the little details matter- i hope im proven wrong but i think ghana are out-the manner of the loss to the usa was unforgiveable
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

bunda wrote:ghana did very well
but.........
after going 2-1 up they should have ruthlessly finished any further chances that came there way- this is germany we are talking about who never give up
3-1 to ghana ,then u have an upset -jordan ayew should have gone for the more pragmatic option -even if gyan could not score -a centre could have resulted in an own goal /penalty
at this level the little details matter- i hope im proven wrong but i think ghana are out-the manner of the loss to the usa was unforgiveable
I think on the basis of their play so far I think they deserve to go through

I think they will qualify
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

YUJAM wrote:
but.........

its a harsh world -football ,particularly from a team without the historical glamour eg brasil italy
they "deserved" to go thru against uruguay 4 years ago
i hope im wrong on this one but one point against usa would have been invaluable at this stage
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

YUJAM wrote:
but.........

They only way Ghana might qualify is if Portugal beats the USA....................if USA gets a draw against Portugal, Germany will arrange a DRAW with them.
The stupid Jordan :-x just killed the chances of a very good team.................he just did a Victor Moses on them, but at a very critical stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo