Why I cheer for USA

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
Why I cheer for USA

Post by ElHadary »

I'm the son of immigrants. Whenever I went to Europe or another country, I was always considered an outsider. Doesn't matter where you travel to in the world, if you don't look like the natives nor take on their culture you are not one of them. Simple.

In America I'll never forget when my boss asked me where my parents were from. I told him Egypt. He kept talking to me like I was from Egypt to until an older gentleman asked me, "where were you born?" I told him, "America." He then says, "then you're American."

That's the type of attitude that makes America my country. It's why it's so easy for me to cheer for them. Even though I was happy when Ghana beat them out last two WC's I was sad because that was my country that lost.

Times like this in America make me realize what I truly am.

[/video]
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why I cheer for USA

Post by bamenda boy »

Went to the comment section. Some guy asked, didn't the red coats kill thousands of Americans, and now we have their song as our national anthem. I am gonna guess the red costs were the confederate south. And Lee wrote the Anthem?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Song was composed when the British were bombarding the US fort in the 1812-1814 War. The person that composed it was an American captured by the Brits. He was inspired to write it when after so much bombardment the US flag still stood.
Omo Eniyan
Egg
Egg

Post by Omo Eniyan »

bamenda boy wrote:Went to the comment section. Some guy asked, didn't the red coats kill thousands of Americans, and now we have their song as our national anthem. I am gonna guess the red costs were the confederate south. And Lee wrote the Anthem?

The British were the Red Coats.
"If you even dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize." - Mohammed Ali
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bamenda boy wrote:Went to the comment section. Some guy asked, didn't the red coats kill thousands of Americans, and now we have their song as our national anthem. I am gonna guess the red costs were the confederate south. And Lee wrote the Anthem?
Red coats were confederate south?

Your cluelessness has become legendary pal :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

ElHadary,

You didn't really owe anybody an explanation. I don't think anyone really cares who anybody supports, unless of course you are a Nigerian or African cheering against a Nigerian or African team. Personally, I support Nigeria, Africa, England/USA then in no particular order Germany, Mexico, Holland, France, Croatia, Balotelli, Belgium, Australia, Portugal and anyone playing against Spain and Brazil.
-Simpli fy -
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

ElHadary wrote:I'm the son of immigrants. Whenever I went to Europe or another country, I was always considered an outsider. Doesn't matter where you travel to in the world, if you don't look like the natives nor take on their culture you are not one of them. Simple.

In America I'll never forget when my boss asked me where my parents were from. I told him Egypt. He kept talking to me like I was from Egypt to until an older gentleman asked me, "where were you born?" I told him, "America." He then says, "then you're American."

That's the type of attitude that makes America my country. It's why it's so easy for me to cheer for them. Even though I was happy when Ghana beat them out last two WC's I was sad because that was my country that lost.

Times like this in America make me realize what I truly am.

[/video]
I was born in Kenya, but I am American. I guess I should be pissed off at the older gentleman.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

That na your own wahalla...The only country I support over the USA is Nigeria
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:ElHadary,

You didn't really owe anybody an explanation. I don't think anyone really cares who anybody supports, unless of course you are a Nigerian or African cheering against a Nigerian or African team. Personally, I support Nigeria, Africa, England/USA then in no particular order Germany, Mexico, Holland, France, Croatia, Balotelli, Belgium, Australia, Portugal and anyone playing against Spain and Brazil.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Do you even try anymore? You know what, don't answer that. I know the answer.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fairweather bandwagon. ..no difference
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Fairweather bandwagon. ..no difference

The beatdown Ghana gii im team in Accra don scatter im brain sotey im don become more American than Rambo. O di kwe gu :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.