South Korea vs. Algeria. 2-4 FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: South Korea vs. Algeria. 2-4

Post by Maradona »

Scipio Africanus wrote:South Korea is the country where students actually study longer hours than Chinese students. These pipul sef! Accept defeat now! :-x
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

zee wrote:
amafolas wrote:
The Patriot wrote:The game is so fast paced I didn't even notice there was only 3 mins left.

I thought people were complaining about the heat and humidity in Brazil. Was this match played under AC? haba see how people dey run at 89th minute!!! :clap: :clap:
Can't you check the weather conditions in that city.................damn it, I am getting tired of pointing out dumb things :mrgreen: on CE.

Even if Naija played under A.C., our senior team no dey play 120mph for 90 mins. It isn't our style. I hate it when people suggest Nigerians should do that. There is a reason why in the Olympics we are only relevant in 100m, 200m, and 400m. We are not long distance runners. Asians may not be fast runners but boy they can run all day. Naija's ideal style is a mostly chilled laid back style with occasional injection of mad pace. Strange enough our junior teams tend to play more uptempo for much longer.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mmeny wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:South Korea is the country where students actually study longer hours than Chinese students. These pipul sef! Accept defeat now! :-x
Asians never tire out man... I play indoor soccer in the winter months against Cambodians, meen this people run nonstop :laugh: :laugh:
Chei!!! :woot: :woot:

Anyway, that is the final whistle, pioom!! Another in the W column for Africa! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: South Korea vs. Algeria. 2-4 FT

Post by soothsayer »

Congrats to Algeria on their long awaited win..
Also entertaining game.. hope they have more belief in themselves now!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The Patriot wrote:
zee wrote:
amafolas wrote:
The Patriot wrote:The game is so fast paced I didn't even notice there was only 3 mins left.

I thought people were complaining about the heat and humidity in Brazil. Was this match played under AC? haba see how people dey run at 89th minute!!! :clap: :clap:
Can't you check the weather conditions in that city.................damn it, I am getting tired of pointing out dumb things :mrgreen: on CE.
68F and no humidity. Cool and calm.
Don't bother next time. Nigerians are never happy. Win. Lose. Or draw.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Ekorian wrote:
amafolas wrote:

So the weather is the same everytime, everywhere and everyday. Na wa for some people men! :roll:
That comment was meant as a compliment to SKoreans and Algerians both of which are known for their stamina. It wasn't a diss to Naija. I am not a fan of naija playing uptempo for 90mins. Save one or two players, Nigerians generally are not built like that.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

So Algeria only need a draw against Russia in their last game to advance, assuming that Belgium does not lose to Korea.

Wha choo looking at?!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:So Algeria only need a draw against Russia in their last game to advance, assuming that Belgium does not lose to Korea.
Won't Korea have to beat Belgium like 3-0 for a draw to not suffice for Algeria. I just wish Algeria will show that much confidence the next time they play any top European team. ok they need to shore up the back too.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Clinical display by the Algerians, they took the foot off the pedal after second half but they took their chances and could afford the buffer, although a huge goal differential would have been nice

Spare a thought for South Korea too, they played their part in a fantastic game
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

When I said Algeria was the most complete African team this WC, I knew what I was talking about. Good win Algeria. Thanks for restoring hope.
Last edited by kolinzo on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
aamimar
PROBATION

Post by aamimar »

Even though a draw against Russia might be enough, Algeria has to go for a win to avoid Belgium and SK conspiring like Germany and Austria did in 1982.
BOOOOM ANTAR YAHIA! SUDAN WE LOVE YOU!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kolinzo wrote:When I said Algeria was the most complete African team this WC, I knew what I was talking about. Good win Algeria. Thanks for restoring hope.
Here comes the king of all...........Gasbags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

aamimar wrote:Even though a draw against Russia might be enough, Algeria has to go for a win to avoid Belgium and SK conspiring like Germany and Austria did in 1982.
And how exactly might they conspire? By losing to SK so that Algeria can win the group on goal difference? Bro relax they still have to go for it.
Last edited by opine on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

amafolas wrote:
zee wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Even if Naija played under A.C., our senior team no dey play 120mph for 90 mins. It isn't our style. I hate it when people suggest Nigerians should do that. There is a reason why in the Olympics we are only relevant in 100m, 200m, and 400m. We are not long distance runners. Asians may not be fast runners but boy they can run all day. Naija's ideal style is a mostly chilled laid back style with occasional injection of mad pace. Strange enough our junior teams tend to play more uptempo for much longer.[/quotdude they played in Porto Alegre, the weather condition there is much better than Manus and Curtiba.... However we play Argentina in Porto Alegra
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

amafolas wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:So Algeria only need a draw against Russia in their last game to advance, assuming that Belgium does not lose to Korea.
Won't Korea have to beat Belgium like 3-0 for a draw to not suffice for Algeria. I just wish Algeria will show that much confidence the next time they play any top European team. ok they need to shore up the back too.
Correct. I say they should sit back and let Russia attack them, then catch them on the counter. Algeria have the clinical finishers to punish Russia on the counter. No questions about their confidence now. I fear for Russia when they meet Algeria.

Wha choo looking at?!
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

aamimar wrote:Even though a draw against Russia might be enough, Algeria has to go for a win to avoid Belgium and SK conspiring like Germany and Austria did in 1982.
Don't think so, that's not practical.

Either way great result for Algeria, spirited effort especially in the first half. Finally opened up and really used their size to not let the South Korean recklessness get to them.