[GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Post by wale1974 »

juventuss wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
juventuss wrote:Bradley made an amateur mistake. 30 seconds left and you had the ball in their half with little pressure. Portugal had even given up. Find an open man in the corner or just blast it towards Beto. He tried shielding ball and dribbling. yeye
The coach and his teammates were at fault. Nobody talked to him so he thought he had time on the ball. They should be screaming in situation like this one. Bradley messed up by trusting his teammates but not at fault. If that makes sense.
Not with that kind of space. Bradley had no one within tackling distance of him. Turn around. find the young speedy guy on the wing or find wonderlowski to take the ball to the corner.

That is all he had to do.
Or find any american in row Z
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

femibyte wrote:Howard is a great keeper and all that, but could he have done better on that 2nd goal, by coming out and punching away Ronaldo's cross ?
...not with 2players barreling down at him, plus he need to gauge the trajectory of the ball, and the ball coming from a classic player like Ronaldo will have a lot of bend and twist to it.
His defenders should have done better, impede the runner but the gap was too wide to close him down.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2
U wish cartoon boy, your "No chance" thread is still in my bookmark

I think some people are also glossing over the fact that Portugal has something to play for. They're not just going to roll over. Plus, I believe Pepe will go back. Ronaldo still has a LOT to prove.

These are 4 tough teams. Nobody is blowing anybody out in the last 2 matches. To win will require an immense effort.

And as I said earlier, Germany and the US might not want to put forth an immense effort...not when a tie will see them through. It's a cold calculus, but that's how things work out sometimes. A WC is a marathon. No need to sprint when you don't have to.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nope. Germany will not collude with the USA to eliminate Ghana for a few reasons: The German people won't accept another draw and they did 30 yrs ago, they shouldn't do it again

I believe Germany is at least 2 goals better than the USA and that Ghana is at least one goal better than Portugal. The game should be played honorably, not by collusion between two sides. And one would think, if you really believed in the USA's abilities you wouldn't be hoping for a deal between the two sides
mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2

I think some people are also glossing over the fact that Portugal has something to play for. They're not just going to roll over. Plus, I believe Pepe will go back. Ronaldo still has a LOT to prove.

These are 4 tough teams. Nobody is blowing anybody out in the last 2 matches. To win will require an immense effort.

And as I said earlier, Germany and the US might not want to put forth an immense effort...not when a tie will see them through. It's a cold calculus, but that's how things work out sometimes. A WC is a marathon. No need to sprint when you don't have to.

Cheers, Mate
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Height of naivete...

Seconds ticking... and your best player gives up the ball to a desperate team at the middle of the park.

Corporal punishment no dey Amerika?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wale1974 wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image
Look at my boy Omar Gonzalez :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Omar Gonzalez is garbage player by all standards! I said this even before the WC started. The guy is garbage! What Klinsy sees in this guy is beyond me. He is a terrible defender! He has the lowest football IQ in the whole tournament. Even Cameroonian defenders have more brain than him. This guy is not good to play defense for Under-17 team. He is that bad!!
He brought him in to deal with the aerial attacks towards the end and he failed against Varela, Omar was one of the reason US struggled earlier during the WC qualifier.
Omar is not the one at fault for the goal but I don't think his inclusion was the right one because lacks confidence right now. I'm not sure what to make of that second equalizer. Everybody knew C-Ron was going to cross the ball. I have to say Howard was very average today. He should be keeping his hands up all the time instead of dodging close range shots. Ochoa saved Mexico doing this.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

It is up to the Germans to wake a sleeping lion. I hope you saw how they suffered in the hands of USA last year?
YUJAM wrote:Nope. Germany will not collude with the USA to eliminate Ghana for a few reasons: The German people won't accept another draw and they did 30 yrs ago, they shouldn't do it again

I believe Germany is at least 2 goals better than the USA and that Ghana is at least one goal better than Portugal. The game should be played honorably, not by collusion between two sides. And one would think, if you really believed in the USA's abilities you wouldn't be hoping for a deal between the two sides
mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

juventuss wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
juventuss wrote:Bradley made an amateur mistake. 30 seconds left and you had the ball in their half with little pressure. Portugal had even given up. Find an open man in the corner or just blast it towards Beto. He tried shielding ball and dribbling. yeye
The coach and his teammates were at fault. Nobody talked to him so he thought he had time on the ball. They should be screaming in situation like this one. Bradley messed up by trusting his teammates but not at fault. If that makes sense.
Not with that kind of space. Bradley had no one within tackling distance of him. Turn around. find the young speedy guy on the wing or find wonderlowski to take the ball to the corner.

That is all he had to do.
It happened in a flash, bro. Bradley had no time on the ball at all. As soon as he touched that ball they closed him down and he tried to shield the ball. The USA were just not positioned well, all around. No close marking whatsoever on that play. If they give you close marking you too give them close marking!! About five American players were clustered on the left side of the field when there were only two Portuguese players. It was a complete breakdown!!

***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Don't get carried away. It was simply a friendly and the Germans fielded a reserve team

This was the German team
GER: 22-Marc-Andre ter Stegen; 4-Benedikt Howedes, 7-Marcell Jansen (6-Dennis Aogo, 46), 17-Per Mertesacker (23-Phillip Wollsched, 46); 3-Stefan Reinartz, 8-Julian Draxler, 9-Andre Schurrle (18-Sydney Sam, 65), 10-Lukas Podolski, 15-Lars Bender (5-Heiko Westermann, 46), 16-Sven Bender (20-Max Kruse, 46); 11-Miroslav Klose (13-Nicolai Muller, 79)
These players were missing

No Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Oezil, Muller,Gotze..

kolinzo wrote:It is up to the Germans to wake a sleeping lion. I hope you saw how they suffered in the hands of USA last year?
YUJAM wrote:Nope. Germany will not collude with the USA to eliminate Ghana for a few reasons: The German people won't accept another draw and they did 30 yrs ago, they shouldn't do it again

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Okay, bascally USA Team 1B defeated German Team B! We will see on Thursday who the runs the group.
YUJAM wrote:Don't get carried away. It was simply a friendly and the Germans fielded a reserve team

This was the German team
GER: 22-Marc-Andre ter Stegen; 4-Benedikt Howedes, 7-Marcell Jansen (6-Dennis Aogo, 46), 17-Per Mertesacker (23-Phillip Wollsched, 46); 3-Stefan Reinartz, 8-Julian Draxler, 9-Andre Schurrle (18-Sydney Sam, 65), 10-Lukas Podolski, 15-Lars Bender (5-Heiko Westermann, 46), 16-Sven Bender (20-Max Kruse, 46); 11-Miroslav Klose (13-Nicolai Muller, 79)

kolinzo wrote:It is up to the Germans to wake a sleeping lion. I hope you saw how they suffered in the hands of USA last year?

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate

***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nope.. USA used a full squad pretty much.

USA: 1-Tim Howard; 6-Brad Evans, 3-Omar Gonzalez, 5-Matt Besler, 7-DaMarcus Beasley (2-Edgar Castillo, 56); 4-Michael Bradley, 13-Jermaine Jones, 19-Graham Zusi (18-Eddie Johnson, 56), 23-Fabian Johnson (24-Brad Davis, 46); 8-Clint Dempsey, 17-Jozy Altidore (25-Terrence Boyd, 81)
kolinzo wrote:Okay, bascally USA Team 1B defeated German Team B! We will see on Thursday who the runs the group.
YUJAM wrote:Don't get carried away. It was simply a friendly and the Germans fielded a reserve team

This was the German team

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

"Pretty much" is not a conclusive statement. That is not a USA full squad. Boyd, Brad Evans, Edgar Castillo, Eddie Johnson are not squad members. No Geoff Cameron, Bedoya, Johannsson, and a host of others for the USA. So nice try!
YUJAM wrote:Nope.. USA used a full squad pretty much.

USA: 1-Tim Howard; 6-Brad Evans, 3-Omar Gonzalez, 5-Matt Besler, 7-DaMarcus Beasley (2-Edgar Castillo, 56); 4-Michael Bradley, 13-Jermaine Jones, 19-Graham Zusi (18-Eddie Johnson, 56), 23-Fabian Johnson (24-Brad Davis, 46); 8-Clint Dempsey, 17-Jozy Altidore (25-Terrence Boyd, 81)

***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

OK dude. :lol: You keep trying to make up stuff. You will run out of excuses after the Germany game on Thursday
kolinzo wrote:"Pretty much" is not a conclusive statement. That is not a USA full squad. Boyd, Brad Evans, Edgar Castillo, Eddie Johnson are not squad members. No Geoff Cameron, Bedoya, Johannsson, and a host of others for the USA. So nice try!
YUJAM wrote:Nope.. USA used a full squad pretty much.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate

It's not malevolent collusion. But players like Beckenbauer in the past and Landon Donovan today attested to how on the field coaches and players accept a draw when it is suitable for both teams. It's no different from not playing your best players in a game you don't need. Or giving up a domestic league match to prepare for a CL game.

Besides, nobody knows when the other team will try to sucker punch them. I just think that they'll be wary, take no chances at the back, and essentially eke a draw. I could be wrong, but I believe the players are tired and gutted and will let things happen this way.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Yujam..............this proves that you don't know Germans. You are dealing with a 'cold and ruthless' calculating folks that are very reality based.
Ghana is OUT and you can take that to any bank.

The only thing Germans are 'calculating' at the moment is whether if 2nd place makes sense to then.......................meaning if they need to avoid a 'stronger' team by coming 2nd, that means that they just lose 0-1 to the USA.
That's the way the Germans operate...........they don't fool around with silly emotions. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Zee. I doubt it. They should defeat the USA to make a point

We shall see
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

YUJAM wrote:Zee. I doubt it. They should defeat the USA to make a point

We shall see
You know you are worried about the wrong match right?

***Breda = Br****
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kolinzo wrote:
goke313 wrote:Image/thread

Wow!! Box2Box X Box had the field to utilize there. But I blame his teammates for not calling for the ball. He should have been screamed at to do something good with the ball.
Blame his teammates? He wasn't under any pressure. All he had to do was hold onto the ball to invite a teammate for an easy pass that would've locked up the 3pts or if he had the ability, shield the ball strongly and win a fk that would've killed the game. That was rookie stuff by Bradley. He'll learn and improve. It's all his fault but I won't flog a dead horse. He'll be a better player in the very near future due to this error and as much as I want my African cousins, Ghana, to qualify, the reality is USA is still in a very good shape to go thru. All they have to do is match their performances from the prior 2 games. As a guy who was born in USA and lived over 30yrs in the states, I'm torn. Why dud USA have to be draw against an African country? Such is life. Good luck bro. :thumbs:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mate wrote:

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate

It's not malevolent collusion. But players like Beckenbauer in the past and Landon Donovan today attested to how on the field coaches and players accept a draw when it is suitable for both teams. It's no different from not playing your best players in a game you don't need. Or giving up a domestic league match to prepare for a CL game.

Besides, nobody knows when the other team will try to sucker punch them. I just think that they'll be wary, take no chances at the back, and essentially eke a draw. I could be wrong, but I believe the players are tired and gutted and will let things happen this way.

Cheers, Mate
One thing I promise you is this German team won't half step and play for a draw. Intensity will drop a little but they will try to score. And once someone scores its game on because the other can't leave anything to chance. Germany is pretty much thru but they don't want to lose and finish second (meaning a tougher route). So be assured they will play their normal game. USA on the other hand wants to qualify so contrary to the conspiracy theory, I suspect that this USA / Germany game will produce fireworks. USA won't back down for nobody. Bookmark this thread.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

mcal wrote:
femibyte wrote:Howard is a great keeper and all that, but could he have done better on that 2nd goal, by coming out and punching away Ronaldo's cross ?
...not with 2players barreling down at him, plus he need to gauge the trajectory of the ball, and the ball coming from a classic player like Ronaldo will have a lot of bend and twist to it.
His defenders should have done better, impede the runner but the gap was too wide to close him down.
Some people really think goalkeepers are superhumans. Maybe thats the Enyeam effect. On the first goal Howard was a little too quick to go down. But even if had done everything right, the striker should still have scored. In that situation, all advantage belongs to the striker.

On the second goal, blame the defenders.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

amafolas wrote:
mcal wrote:
Some people really think goalkeepers are superhumans. Maybe thats the Enyeam effect. On the first goal Howard was a little too quick to go down. But even if had done everything right, the striker should still have scored. In that situation, all advantage belongs to the striker.

Fact is, Howard was slow to react on both goals. I don't blame him for any of the goal but he was very average in this game. On the first goal he went down easily. What a quick goalie would have done was charge out or stand his ground and puts his arms up. Look at the one he saved of a rebound from the post. He put his arm up and was able to deflect it -although he made a booboo of the shot that hit the post when he couldn't punch it out. Georff Cameron was at fault for both goals.

***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

green4life wrote:
mate wrote:

mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Cheers, Mate
One thing I promise you is this German team won't half step and play for a draw. Intensity will drop a little but they will try to score. And once someone scores its game on because the other can't leave anything to chance. Germany is pretty much thru but they don't want to lose and finish second (meaning a tougher route). So be assured they will play their normal game. USA on the other hand wants to qualify so contrary to the conspiracy theory, I suspect that this USA / Germany game will produce fireworks. USA won't back down for nobody. Bookmark this thread.
Would Germany rather play a team like unknown Algeria or play a team they know very well like Belgium?

***Breda = Br****
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

amafolas wrote:
mcal wrote:

He was not too quick, Nani sold him a dummy, you have to realise that ewvery player on the field reacts to something and they have to do so fast in order to out do what they are reacting to.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho