[GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [GRP G] USA 2 {Jones,Dempsey} vs POR 2 {Nani,Varela} FT

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:If Ghana contains Ronaldo, they will crush portugal
Ghana is not going to crush Portugal. If Ghana tries to play an open game by leaving C-Ron 1 on 1 they will pay dearly. You just saw what happened to the United states didn't you?

C-ron will operate from the left, Ghanaian's weak side, and will finally score some goals if Ghana don't double up on him. Now on the other side, Atsu should have a field day against the right back of Portugal. It is not going to end well for either team. Ghana is not good defensively.
Ronaldo is clearly not fit. Tendonitis is no joke, he won't be fit anytime soon.

Ghana need to park Muntari on him and be mercurial against Portugal.

Either way, I don't think either side does enough to stop the US advancing with Germany.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

kolinzo wrote:
green4life wrote:
mate wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Nope. Germany will not collude with the USA to eliminate Ghana for a few reasons: The German people won't accept another draw and they did 30 yrs ago, they shouldn't do it again

I believe Germany is at least 2 goals better than the USA and that Ghana is at least one goal better than Portugal. The game should be played honorably, not by collusion between two sides. And one would think, if you really believed in the USA's abilities you wouldn't be hoping for a deal between the two sides
mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2
U wish cartoon boy, your "No chance" thread is still in my bookmark

I think some people are also glossing over the fact that Portugal has something to play for. They're not just going to roll over. Plus, I believe Pepe will go back. Ronaldo still has a LOT to prove.

These are 4 tough teams. Nobody is blowing anybody out in the last 2 matches. To win will require an immense effort.

And as I said earlier, Germany and the US might not want to put forth an immense effort...not when a tie will see them through. It's a cold calculus, but that's how things work out sometimes. A WC is a marathon. No need to sprint when you don't have to.

Cheers, Mate

It's not malevolent collusion. But players like Beckenbauer in the past and Landon Donovan today attested to how on the field coaches and players accept a draw when it is suitable for both teams. It's no different from not playing your best players in a game you don't need. Or giving up a domestic league match to prepare for a CL game.

Besides, nobody knows when the other team will try to sucker punch them. I just think that they'll be wary, take no chances at the back, and essentially eke a draw. I could be wrong, but I believe the players are tired and gutted and will let things happen this way.

Cheers, Mate
One thing I promise you is this German team won't half step and play for a draw. Intensity will drop a little but they will try to score. And once someone scores its game on because the other can't leave anything to chance. Germany is pretty much thru but they don't want to lose and finish second (meaning a tougher route). So be assured they will play their normal game. USA on the other hand wants to qualify so contrary to the conspiracy theory, I suspect that this USA / Germany game will produce fireworks. USA won't back down for nobody. Bookmark this thread.
Would Germany rather play a team like unknown Algeria or play a team they know very well like Belgium?
:rotf: :rotf:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Ghana is not going to crush Portugal. If Ghana tries to play an open game by leaving C-Ron 1 on 1 they will pay dearly. You just saw what happened to the United states didn't you?

C-ron will operate from the left, Ghanaian's weak side, and will finally score some goals if Ghana don't double up on him. Now on the other side, Atsu should have a field day against the right back of Portugal. It is not going to end well for either team. Ghana is not good defensively.
Ronaldo is clearly not fit. Tendonitis is no joke, he won't be fit anytime soon.

Either way, I don't think either side does enough to stop the US advancing with Germany.
Muntari is out of the next game.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
green4life wrote:
mate wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Nope. Germany will not collude with the USA to eliminate Ghana for a few reasons: The German people won't accept another draw and they did 30 yrs ago, they shouldn't do it again

I believe Germany is at least 2 goals better than the USA and that Ghana is at least one goal better than Portugal. The game should be played honorably, not by collusion between two sides. And one would think, if you really believed in the USA's abilities you wouldn't be hoping for a deal between the two sides
mate wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Germany beats USA and Ghana beats Portugal 2-0 and the midgets are thru to rd 2
U wish cartoon boy, your "No chance" thread is still in my bookmark

I think some people are also glossing over the fact that Portugal has something to play for. They're not just going to roll over. Plus, I believe Pepe will go back. Ronaldo still has a LOT to prove.

These are 4 tough teams. Nobody is blowing anybody out in the last 2 matches. To win will require an immense effort.

And as I said earlier, Germany and the US might not want to put forth an immense effort...not when a tie will see them through. It's a cold calculus, but that's how things work out sometimes. A WC is a marathon. No need to sprint when you don't have to.

Cheers, Mate

It's not malevolent collusion. But players like Beckenbauer in the past and Landon Donovan today attested to how on the field coaches and players accept a draw when it is suitable for both teams. It's no different from not playing your best players in a game you don't need. Or giving up a domestic league match to prepare for a CL game.

Besides, nobody knows when the other team will try to sucker punch them. I just think that they'll be wary, take no chances at the back, and essentially eke a draw. I could be wrong, but I believe the players are tired and gutted and will let things happen this way.

Cheers, Mate
One thing I promise you is this German team won't half step and play for a draw. Intensity will drop a little but they will try to score. And once someone scores its game on because the other can't leave anything to chance. Germany is pretty much thru but they don't want to lose and finish second (meaning a tougher route). So be assured they will play their normal game. USA on the other hand wants to qualify so contrary to the conspiracy theory, I suspect that this USA / Germany game will produce fireworks. USA won't back down for nobody. Bookmark this thread.
Would Germany rather play a team like unknown Algeria or play a team they know very well like Belgium?

Germany would probably take Algeria over Belgium. The former is a decent team, but the latter has much better players and did in fact beat them convincingly enough. Times also have changed since 1982, when a team could spring a surprise, as scouting is much better these days.

The more important question to ask is if the US would rather contest 1st vs 2nd, potentially losing and coming in 3rd place this way. I believe that if the US plays tentatively, so will Germany. It's not a fix. Playing to a draw is a legitimate tactical aim.

Like I said earlier, the US fought its way into this position. Some of you say Ghana deserves to be in the next round. Well, I say the US deserves to have the current opportunity to play for a tactical draw...with the odds the Germany will play conservatively in response.

It would be different if they needed a certain scoreline and colluded to do that. I think 2 Scandinavian teams did that at a Euro to knock out Italy. That would be cheating, but this simply isn't.

Lastly, Ghana still has to beat Portugal. That isn't a guarantee.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote: Germany would probably take Algeria over Belgium. The former is a decent team, but the latter has much better players and did in fact beat them convincingly enough. Times also have changed since 1982, when a team could spring a surprise, as scouting is much better these days.

The more important question to ask is if the US would rather contest 1st vs 2nd, potentially losing and coming in 3rd place this way. I believe that if the US plays tentatively, so will Germany. It's not a fix. Playing to a draw is a legitimate tactical aim.

Like I said earlier, the US fought its way into this position. Some of you say Ghana deserves to be in the next round. Well, I say the US deserves to have the current opportunity to play for a tactical draw...with the odds the Germany will play conservatively in response.

It would be different if they needed a certain scoreline and colluded to do that. I think 2 Scandinavian teams did that at a Euro to knock out Italy. That would be cheating, but this simply isn't.

Cheers, Mate
A team like Germany can determine if they want to be first or second, but USA just wants to get into the second round. For the USA it does not matter what team they face. Nobody expects USA to go deep in the competition. But Germany has everything to play for. I believe if they think they have a good chance against Algeria they are mistaking -Russia yes but Algeria I doubt. I think they should do everything to avoid Algeria, the Germans that is.

With that said, I have been telling the opaks yarners on here that if they think Ghana will just steamroll Portugal then they have another thing coming. A team that played like that against the USA is not a team to be taken lightly. My only fear is for Ghana not to sell this game to Portugal and allow Portugal to beat them 4-0. This could happen.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Muntari is out of the next game.

It figures. He'd get a red being parked on Ronaldo anyway but not without leaving stud marks all over the guy's body :laugh:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nonsense talk is in season.. :rotf:

The problem is you and Mate have talked so much crap abt this USA team, you are now terrified that they won't make it out. The result is even more 'misyarning '
kolinzo wrote:
mate wrote: Germany would probably take Algeria over Belgium. The former is a decent team, but the latter has much better players and did in fact beat them convincingly enough. Times also have changed since 1982, when a team could spring a surprise, as scouting is much better these days.

Cheers, Mate
A team like Germany can determine if they want to be first or second, but USA just wants to get into the second round. For the USA it does not matter what team they face. Nobody expects USA to go deep in the competition. But Germany has everything to play for. I believe if they think they have a good chance against Algeria they are mistaking -Russia yes but Algeria I doubt. I think they should do everything to avoid Algeria, the Germans that is.

With that said, I have been telling the opaks yarners on here that if they think Ghana will just steamroll Portugal then they have another thing coming. A team that played like that against the USA is not a team to be taken lightly. My only fear is for Ghana not to sell this game to Portugal and allow Portugal to beat them 4-0. This could happen.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Yujam, results are results. The US team has done well. Why is explaining and acknowledging that talking crap?

:o

Also, I bet any Ghana fan wishes that they could trade their situation with the US in group positioning right now. It's Ghana fans whom have more to fear, not US fans.

A tie or better gets us through. In contrast, Ghana needs a lot of outside help. It's better to be in control of your destiny.

And sure, I believe the US is a better team than Ghana.

:taunt:

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

:lol:
Terrified? Terrified?? Let me tell you I have not been more confident in my life! USA v Germany is in the bag. USA is not losing to that team you can take that to the bank. The only thing I am worried about now is Ghana opening yansh for Portugal and lose 4 to 5-0.

Terrified? Don't make me laugh! :lol:

YUJAM wrote:Nonsense talk is in season.. :rotf:

The problem is you and Mate have talked so much crap abt this USA team, you are now terrified that they won't make it out. The result is even more 'misyarning '
kolinzo wrote:

Cheers, Mate

***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

OK funny guy. I go laugh with you for now ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kolinzo wrote::lol:
Terrified? Terrified?? Let me tell you I have not been more confident in my life! USA v Germany is in the bag. USA is not losing to that team you can take that to the bank. The only thing I am worried about now is Ghana opening yansh for Portugal and lose 4 to 5-0.

Terrified? Don't make me laugh! :lol:

YUJAM wrote:Nonsense talk is in season.. :rotf:

kolinzo wrote:

Cheers, Mate

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

Gutted!! Depressed!!! SMHBT!!
Terrified? Terrified?? Let me tell you I have not been more confident in my life! USA v Germany is in the bag.USA is not losing to that team you can take that to the bank. The only thing I am worried about now is Ghana opening yansh for Portugal and lose 4 to 5-0.
the guy get issues
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

USA and Germany are going to 'draw'......................even 'takers'(the most important sign) have dropped the odds on a draw to 2.75.
While the Nigeria game is at 3.7............and the 'worthless' England vs Costa Rica is at 3.7!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I bet that on the day of the match................the odds will sink below 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: .

It's all little Jordan blame that Ghana is on their way to Accra.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

King Futcha wrote:
kolinzo wrote:This feels like last year's NBA finals where Spurs had the game in game six but gave it away to Heats. Spurs couldn't come back from that heart breaking loss! And I was depressed for the two days before game 7. I am honestly depressed!! Just don't know what to say. It also feels like Olympic 2008 where the USA had the game against Holland only to give it away on a free kick and Hollland tied the game. The team never recovered as they lost to Nigeria. This is stupid. American Outlaws should start packing their bags because it will take a miracle to even get a draw against Germany!!

Gutted!! Depressed!!! SMHBT!!
Terrified? Terrified?? Let me tell you I have not been more confident in my life! USA v Germany is in the bag.USA is not losing to that team you can take that to the bank. The only thing I am worried about now is Ghana opening yansh for Portugal and lose 4 to 5-0.
the guy get issues
Stop the opaks. I have since calmed down and I stated it on this thread.

***Breda = Br****